On the Encore……but it wasn’t easy!

shark b8

2 hours ago, SLSD said:

We absolutely love Malta…..a friend we met on that cruise saying that Malta "was nothing but a stack of rocks".

Wow.  That’s….surprising.  But I suppose that’s why they make lots of flavors of ice cream.  We did the usual “gosh, we should come back here for a week or two”, but if I had a dollar for every time we’ve said that, I’d have….a lot of dollars.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shark b8 said:

Somehow in our travels, we never got to Malta, which we are now correcting.  What a wonderful place!  With all the influences from all sides over the centuries, seems to be a wonderful jumble of cultures, language, architecture, cuisine, etc.  The archaeological sites are stunning.

Totally agree Malta is wonderful. We have been to Valletta a few times on port stops and we will be back in August and we are looking forward to it as we always find things to do we enjoy.

Last time in Gozo we hired a car and will do the same this time. Being a ex-British colony they drive on the same side of the road though I think you still have to be a bit cautious in the main towns. Thanks for the reminder that I need to book that this week.

We met that falconer in 2019. He loved his birds. Lovely to see he looks the same and still has at least one.

Edited by frantic36

Yes, Taormina is pretty special.  I have just this minute watched a programme by Stanley Tucci on the BBC, about Sicily and its food..  It is a series going around Italy; he is charming and it is especially  interesting for foodies.  I guess you have had it in the States?

• Like 2

Yes, we’ve loved that series, although not sure we’ve seen every episode.  We’ve often commented that (in our experience anyway), we’ve never gone to a local Mom-and-Pop sidewalk cafe restaurant anywhere in Italy, and had a bad meal.

• Like 3

Does anybody else do this?  After dinner, when we’re back in the suite & relaxing before bed, I’ll prop open the glass door to the veranda with the outside table, and then go open the “front door” to the hallway for 30 seconds.  There’s almost always a wonderful SWOOSH of fresh sea air, that blows in, makes the curtains fly, and somehow convinces me we have a completely new, fresh room of air.  (Not that there was any real lack before) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, braxx20 said:

We are booked on the Sojourn TA in November.  Can someone please tell me what time the MDR starts serving dinner? Thanks

(Crystal refugee)

Restaurant and Colonnade start at 7 pm.

TK Grill starts at 6 pm.

Perhaps I'm on the wrong site for my question, but I searched 'Lisbon' and was brought to your string...We are cruising from Rome to Barcelona in November (Oceania) and our flight from JFK stops in Lisbon enroute to Rome, with a 90 minute window to change airplanes.   I have read recently with distress about 4 hour delays in Lisbon, and wonder if travelers enroute to Italy will have to clear customs in Portugal prior to the change of airplanes.  If that is so, we could easily miss the connection to Rome, which would be really bad.....Anyone know at what point Customs and baggage check comes into play - Lisbon, or final destination, Rome.   FWIW, we will have only carryone baggage.   Thanks in advance  

On 4/3/2022 at 8:44 AM, shark b8 said:

After more attempts, and inventing different ways to trick the website into accepting “formatted” answers, Mrs Sharkbait happened to change our airplane seat from 3B to 21C, she just pulled it out of thin air, and….voila!  Believe it or not, when I entered “21C” on my form, it accepted it as well!

The key to these kinds of problems is that you need to have the right number of digits in your response.  So, if you get a format error, just add a leading "0" or two to get the right submission.  Months - don't use 3 for March, use 03.  Same with seats, flight numbers and the like.  UA flight 18 should be entered as UA 018, and so forth.  Your 3B would have probably worked with 03B.