Royal Caribbean 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) issue

I booked a 2020 cruise on RCL for my family - 9 passengers total. Due to pandemic, it was cancelled and we chose for the 125% FCC.
I am working on new bookings with a travel agent not direct with RCL and I've been having a hard time getting the certificates for all passengers.
Recently, someone from RCL finally gave the certificates for 8 passengers verbally and promised to call back for the 9th passenger but never happened.
My travel agent spent hours working on those certificates with Royal Resolutions and when the certs were applied, some amount are way less.
This situation is not yet settled and looking at the numbers, we are not getting the 125% FCC based on our original cruise fare (taxes excluded). 
Does anyone getting same experience? Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Cruiser_2009 said:

I booked a 2020 cruise on RCL for my family - 9 passengers total. Due to pandemic, it was cancelled and we chose for the 125% FCC.
I am working on new bookings with a travel agent not direct with RCL and I've been having a hard time getting the certificates for all passengers.
Recently, someone from RCL finally gave the certificates for 8 passengers verbally and promised to call back for the 9th passenger but never happened.
My travel agent spent hours working on those certificates with Royal Resolutions and when the certs were applied, some amount are way less.
This situation is not yet settled and looking at the numbers, we are not getting the 125% FCC based on our original cruise fare (taxes excluded). 
Does anyone getting same experience? Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Been in this situation numerous times.  All you can do is keep calling and escalating the issue until it gets resolved.  You may have to call back and work with Royal as your TA may not be able ro get everytjng done as they did not do the original bookings. 

• Like 1

I've been calling RCL since 2020.  Every call I had was at least 1-2 hours long and I got different certs and different amount every time. Some of the certs were used as per my TA and some just changed to lesser amount (50% less). It's very frustrating. 😞

We received an email from RC shortly after we selected the 125% cruise credit with the “certificate” verification and we have just used it. It had a number you use to get the credit when booking.  Haven’t used a TA We always do our own arrangements) so that probably adds more confusion in the process.  Our process with RC was trouble free. 

This is typical. I feel as though I have spent more time on phone with RCL and Travel agent than i have cruising !  RCL has really dropped the ball and failed us in managing cancelled cruises and future cruise credits . Pure nightmare !!!!!!

Edited by ssb
  • Like 1

As far as I know, you cannot access your future cruise credits online.  You have to call and hope the agent has the patience to find and apply them all.

In the early part of COVID, I didn't receive emails with the certificate numbers so have to depend on the agents.

15 minutes ago, yogimax said:

As far as I know, you cannot access your future cruise credits online.  You have to call and hope the agent has the patience to find and apply them all.

In the early part of COVID, I didn't receive emails with the certificate numbers so have to depend on the agents.

Hope it's OK to jump in here for a clarification: on a recent cruise due to a minor mishap, we were offered a percentage of that cruise fare as an FCC.  Been trying to find evidence of that on the website without luck.  Sounds like the only way to figure this out is call my TA?

Thanks

3 hours ago, ssb said:

This is typical. I feel as though I have spent more time on phone with RCL and Travel agent than i have cruising !  RCL has really dropped the ball and failed us in managing cancelled cruises and future cruise credits . Pure nightmare !!!!!!

That is exactly what my TA had said, "it's a total nightmare!!!"

For 9 passengers, you would think you get 9 certs, that's not in our case. 

The 125% is simple mathematics but RCL has come up with some convoluted calculations of their FCCs.  I got 24 certs in total including Global Suspension FCC and RC FCC discount. (Huh, what are these?)… yet it still does not add up to the amount I expected.

On top of this, when you transfer your excess FCC to another passenger travelling with you, it's not that easy as it sounds. The passenger who has the excess FCC will have to send an email to Royal guest relations AND give them a call. Your TA can't do it for you. 

Royal Caribbean has really made it very difficult for us. ☹

2 hours ago, DandDM said:

Hope it's OK to jump in here for a clarification: on a recent cruise due to a minor mishap, we were offered a percentage of that cruise fare as an FCC.  Been trying to find evidence of that on the website without luck.  Sounds like the only way to figure this out is call my TA?

Thanks

We didn't have a TA, but we had sewage flooding our bathroom (twice). We received a letter onboard with the % amount that was being refunded as a FCC and a number to call, if it had not been received within 30 days. Since you have a travel agent, you will probably need to go through them. Did you receive any documentation onboard? 

2 hours ago, DandDM said:

Thanks

Correct.  Fcc's are not listed on the consumer website. Your TA should be able to see it in "insight" as long as the cruise that the fcc was issued from was booked by them. "Insight" is a FCC database that TA's can access. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DandDM said:

Thanks

I booked with a TA for NYE and had an issue. After 30 days neither of us heard anything. I called the number on the letter I was given and at the end I got an email with the fcc certificate - the rep waited until I got the email to hang up. Not including the initial hold time it was about an hour (was a fair bit of waiting once I got someone). My friend in the cabin next to me took a bit longer to get his. 

I also applied it to a non TA sailing. I won't say no problem, but it was eventually done and just took one kinda long call. The cert had a couple different #s on it so not knowing which one complicated matters. 

Edited by smplybcause

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

We didn't have a TA, but we had sewage flooding our bathroom (twice). We received a letter onboard with the % amount that was being refunded as a FCC and a number to call, if it had not been received within 30 days. Since you have a travel agent, you will probably need to go through them. Did you receive any documentation onboard? 

We did get a letter...but after we got home it was no where to be found.  

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct.  Fcc's are not listed on the consumer website. Your TA should be able to see it in "insight" as long as the cruise that the fcc was issued from was booked by them. "Insight" is a FCC database that TA's can access. 

Perfect!  Will be calling soon.  

12 hours ago, smplybcause said:

I booked with a TA for NYE and had an issue. After 30 days neither of us heard anything. I called the number on the letter I was given and at the end I got an email with the fcc certificate - the rep waited until I got the email to hang up. Not including the initial hold time it was about an hour (was a fair bit of waiting once I got someone). My friend in the cabin next to me took a bit longer to get his. 

I also applied it to a non TA sailing. I won't say no problem, but it was eventually done and just took one kinda long call. The cert had a couple different #s on it so not knowing which one complicated matters. 

That cruise ended March 1, so maybe I'll wait a little longer to call.  Want to use the FCC on our next Royal cruise in October, so have plenty of time.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 1