Maître d on Regal

envy4u

Steelers36,

You are getting on her when I get off on October 1st.   it's been awhile since I've been in Civitavecchia.  There are going to be 3 other ships in port that day.  I don't know how crazy that will make things, but just thought I mention it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Nicola Furlan was the Maitre'd when the Regal started up.  He went home and I do not know who his fill-in is/was?  But, Nicola was scheduled to return, if he hasn't already.

I will be thrilled if he is working in October, but I realize that is a long way off.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, donaldsc said:

What exactly is the job of job maitre'd?  I have seen them in the dining room but none of them have ever done anything to impact or enhance my cruising experience that I have been able to see.

DON 

You don't need to SEE anything in action to appreciate that their management style has an effect on the running of the place.  In fact, if you saw them stepping in a lot, it would signal something wrong.  The new title is likely more descriptive - Director, Restaurant Operations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, donaldsc said:

What exactly is the job of job matre'd?  I have seen them in the dining room but none of them have ever done anything to impact or enhance my cruising experience that I have been able to see.

DON 

I feel the same way about my  congressman

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 2:35 AM, donaldsc said:

What exactly is the job of job matre'd?  I have seen them in the dining room but none of them have ever done anything to impact or enhance my cruising experience that I have been able to see.

DON 

In January he came to our table every evening to go over the next day's menus with one of our fellow travelers as she has multiple food allergies.  He was great to make sure they made adjustments and had dishes that she could enjoy each day in the Club Class dining room.