Quick response for Shareholder Benefit

Dee_Jay

I emailed my information for the Carnival Shareholder Benefit for a cruise in October.  Within half and hour, the OBC was listed.

I know recently that it's been taking weeks or even months to get OBC.  Either they've finally caught up, or I got really, really lucky.

14 hours ago, miagirl said:

Thanks, I didn't know one could do that this far in advance.  I thought they wanted a statement from the quarter the cruise was in.

I've done it for a cruise a year out.  Just used my most recent brokerage statement.

14 hours ago, miagirl said:

Thanks, I didn't know one could do that this far in advance.  I thought they wanted a statement from the quarter the cruise was in.

That has never been a requirement, though I do think they want the latest statement.

A few years ago I tried when cruise was more than 6 months out and they responded back saying I had to wait till it was within 75 days. For my cruise coming up in August I emailed it in over a year ago and it was posted within a day.

Does anyone, Jonjo, know the email address to ask for the Shareholder credit fot UK cruisers.  Princess is now difficult to get hold off and while we have a little bit long to go till we cruise (34 days) it has just occurred to me that I should get it submitted PDQ.

Thanks

Dorothy

Edited by dbeckett

47 minutes ago, dbeckett said:

Does anyone, Jonjo, know the email address to ask for the Shareholder credit fot UK cruisers.  Princess is now difficult to get hold off and while we have a little bit long to go till we cruise (34 days) it has just occurred to me that I should get it submitted PDQ.

Thanks

Dorothy

Try this

benefits@princesscruises.co.uk

50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

Brian

I think  they changed the timing of how soon you can submit your Shareholder statement when they started requiring payment for excursions up front. A few years ago, you could book your Princess excursions and not pay for them until you boarded/disembarked, so you were able to use your OBC to pay for them. By Princess now allowing you to request the Shareholder benefit earlier, you can still use the OBC to pay for excursions and such ahead of time.

1 hour ago, Buddysmom10 said:

How did you receive notification of the OBC?  

I emailed mine on April 5 and have not received anything.

Nothing is listed in my booking summary/no email received. 

The first email I received said that my attached statement did not show the Carnival stock.

3 minutes later I got a second email telling me they had missed the second page of my statement, and that the benefit would be shown in my new booking confirmation.

1 minute later, I got the new booking confirmation, now showing the onboard credit.

In the past, I've never gotten a notification.  I've just checked the website every few days to see if my OBC was there.

Does anyone have experience of 2 passengers receiving Shareholder Benefit for the same cabin ? We are 4 adults in a Suite - 2 are shareholders. Only one has had the benefit applied. I seem to remember reading somewhere that if the surnames are different (so separate households) both shareholders could receive the benefit. We are in the UK if that makes any difference. Thanks

1 hour ago, Rubynic said:

Does anyone have experience of 2 passengers receiving Shareholder Benefit for the same cabin ? We are 4 adults in a Suite - 2 are shareholders. Only one has had the benefit applied. I seem to remember reading somewhere that if the surnames are different (so separate households) both shareholders could receive the benefit. We are in the UK if that makes any difference. Thanks

ToS for America is that it's one shareholder benefit per stateroom regardless of how many shareholders are in the stateroom.  It states it clearly at the bottom of the application.

On 4/6/2022 at 7:47 PM, Dee_Jay said:

I emailed my information for the Carnival Shareholder Benefit for a cruise in October.  Within half and hour, the OBC was listed.

I know recently that it's been taking weeks or even months to get OBC.  Either they've finally caught up, or I got really, really lucky.

I think this is luck. We sail at the start of May and haven't had any response or credits in our account. 

29 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

I think this is luck. We sail at the start of May and haven't had any response or credits in our account. 

I guess I should rush out and buy a lottery ticket.

• Like 1

I got this email from them when I enquired about my SBC being credited to my next cruise.  Funny thing is they sent the email AND applied the credit to my next cruise in September.

We have received your request for Carnival Shareholder benefits.

Please be advised we are unable to process your request currently as ***Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date.***

Please provide documentation reflecting the shareholder's first and last name of ownership pre-printed on the statement, the current printed statement date and number of Carnival shares with a quantity of 100+. ***Please resubmit your request at a later date***, including the required documentation. Please also include your last name and booking number in the subject line of the email.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 10:54 AM, ontheweb said:

That has never been a requirement, though I do think they want the latest statement.

It was a requirement until Princess stopped allowing for shore excursions to be reserved in advance and paid for with the on board account.

Since many people use OBC for booking shore excursions, there was a chorus of protests which resulted in Princess allowing shareholder OBC to be applied anytime after a booking is made.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, caribill said:

It was a requirement until Princess stopped allowing for shore excursions to be reserved in advance and paid for with the on board account.

Since many people use OBC for booking shore excursions, there was a chorus of protests which resulted in Princess allowing shareholder OBC to be applied anytime after a booking is made.

OK, yes I remember the protests when they stopped allowing shore excursion to be reserved prior to the cruise but not charged to your cc until boarding.

When I wrote latest statement, I was referring to as of the time you sent the request for the OBC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

OK, yes I remember the protests when they stopped allowing shore excursion to be reserved prior to the cruise but not charged to your cc until boarding.

When I wrote latest statement, I was referring to as of the time you sent the request for the OBC.

Right. Pre-pandemic they allowed the request to be sent in and implemented as soon as you had booked a cruise, no matter how far in the future the cruise is.

Recently some has reported getting the "too soon" message and others have reported no problem.

Not sure if Princess has changed is now officially enforcing the words in the stockholder benefit notice or just some agents in the department allow it and others do not.

If Princess is not allowing the early granting of stockholder OBC anymore, then it is essentially eliminating the ability to use that OBC enough in advance to book a popular excursion which may sell out earlier than 90 days before the cruise.

• Like 1