How are those of you getting approved for shareholder OBC applying?

Eli_6

Carnival are now advising that they may not add (or not) OBC until a week before the cruise.  If they do this and deny you then you will have not time to resubmit as is suggested earlier in this thread.  They specifically ask you not the duplicate requests.

My automated response.... 

This is just a quick auto reply to let you know that we've received your email.  We're happy to look into your inquiry and get back to you as soon as we can.  Due to an increase in inquiries our response time will take longer than normal.  We will process your request as rapidly as possible but keep in mind this may happen as late as the week prior to sailing. Please do not submit any duplicate requests.

Thank you for your patience; we value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Sincerely,
Carnival Cruise Line

Subject

Shareholder On Board Credit

Question Reference # 220708-000019

·  Date Created: 07/08/2022 12:21 AM

·  Date Last Updated: 07/08/2022 12:21 AM

2 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

Carnival are now advising that they may not add (or not) OBC until a week before the cruise.  If they do this and deny you then you will have not time to resubmit as is suggested earlier in this thread.  They specifically ask you not the duplicate requests.

That is the standard response they have been sending out for a while. When I did not hear back after a month I forwarded my original request and was granted OBC within a couple of days.

I received an expected response several weeks after emailing our request. The reply claimed the brokerage statement was not attached to the original request.  

How can that be?  The photo of brokerage statement was literally embedded in the request immediately below the details of associated cruise.

I replied by forwarding the original request, with a photo of the brokerage statement embedded.

My theory is employee was myopic in scanning each request for attachments.  No attachment generated an automatic reply requesting documentation.

1 hour ago, logan25 said:

I received an expected response several weeks after emailing our request. The reply claimed the brokerage statement was not attached to the original request.  

How can that be?  The photo of brokerage statement was literally embedded in the request immediately below the details of associated cruise.

I replied by forwarding the original request, with a photo of the brokerage statement embedded.

My theory is employee was myopic in scanning each request for attachments.  No attachment generated an automatic reply requesting documentation.

I just did the OBC request with a purchase statement a few days ago.  It only took 2-3 hours and I had it applied.  I submitted it with a PDF attachment and the relevant information for my upcoming cruise in the body of the email.  Perhaps submitting it with a PDF attached instead?

On 5/19/2022 at 12:18 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'd love to see them give additional OBC for those holding more than the minimum number of shares. Say a bonus at 1,000, and another at 2,500... 🙂 

Since one can essentially snag an easy $50/100 for most sailings, the current "investment" of $1,500 returns a VERY generous payout !

Tom

I agree with you Tom.  We have a "BOAT LOAD: of them....LOL!!

• Like 1

Newbie question again - I've tried reading the whole 9 pages before asking and I still don't know - How do you see if the OBC has been applied ? do Carnival send you a confirmation ? does it just appear when you are onboard on your account? I'm not sure I'll know if and when it is applied.  Thanks for your help - this is a really active and  great pre cruise page.

On 7/9/2022 at 3:59 PM, Janet&Carl said:

Newbie question again - I've tried reading the whole 9 pages before asking and I still don't know - How do you see if the OBC has been applied ? do Carnival send you a confirmation ? does it just appear when you are onboard on your account? I'm not sure I'll know if and when it is applied.  Thanks for your help - this is a really active and  great pre cruise page.

Here’s the reply I received. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR SHAREHOLDER ON BOARD CREDIT

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder on board credit. Credit in the amount of $ has been applied to your reservation and will be posted on your sail and sign account. Please note this will not appear on your cruise manager however it will reflect on your revised guest confirmation listed under the Itemized Charges as On Board Credits.

We value your business and hope that you will enjoy a fun and memorable cruise with us.

On 7/8/2022 at 10:44 AM, logan25 said:

scanned for attachments

A lot of corporate systems will automatically trash any attachments as a security precaution to a first email, and will allow subsequent attachments once contact with the customer has been established. It's possible that your initial request was denied because the system worked as designed.

On 7/9/2022 at 6:59 PM, Janet&Carl said:

You should receive a confirmation email. Also, when you look at your booking order details and then invoice details it will show the OBC.

• Like 1

The Alaska B2B2B on the Splendor that I booked over the weekend I submitted my request this morning and Voila! within 20 minutes all 3 cruises showed the shareholder benefit as having been applied, so does the booking summary page of each cruise. I think this was the quickest ever it was done from my 70 odd cruises.

Edited by 1912

10 minutes ago, 1912 said:

The Alaska B2B2B on the Splendor that I booked over the weekend I submitted my request this morning and Voila! within 20 minutes all 3 cruises showed the shareholder benefit as having been applied, so does the booking summary page of each cruise. I think this was the quickest ever it was done from my 70 odd cruises.

Congratulations! That was quick! You did it right. 👍

20 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Congratulations! That was quick! You did it right. 👍

Thank you, Joe. So, are you going to take your Mrs.....do it if you can Joe, especially if it is an itinerary you both like....I know you said you both would like to do the train ride. I tell you, I had this trip on my back burner for years .... finally everything fell in place .... you know travelling by yourself you get hit with that single supplement so it was a relief to get that waived. It's a pleasure exchanging ideas with you, Joe.

10 minutes ago, 1912 said:

Thank you, Joe. So, are you going to take your Mrs.....do it if you can Joe, especially if it is an itinerary you both like....I know you said you both would like to do the train ride. I tell you, I had this trip on my back burner for years .... finally everything fell in place .... you know travelling by yourself you get hit with that single supplement so it was a relief to get that waived. It's a pleasure exchanging ideas with you, Joe.

Oh 1912, we'd love to go on the trip you took. It truly a dream we've talked about for at least 30 years. But I have to be a realist, because of the expense of flying out to California, the cost of staying at a hotel, the transfers, etc, etc, etc.

We are much to old to drive there, so flying is our only option.... But...I guess we could take the train out there. Hmmm... that might be doable. Regardless the trip you described sounds heavenly. Thanks for responding, my friend.

Could someone remind me when my stock statement should be dated?  My latest statement indicating my CCL shares is dated May 28-June 24, 2022.   Should I go ahead and submit this one or wait a few days for the next one to be posted and use that one to submit for OBC?  We sail 10/8/2022. Clearly my brain needs a cruise - I just can't remember!  

21 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Could someone remind me when my stock statement should be dated?  My latest statement indicating my CCL shares is dated May 28-June 24, 2022.   Should I go ahead and submit this one or wait a few days for the next one to be posted and use that one to submit for OBC?  We sail 10/8/2022. Clearly my brain needs a cruise - I just can't remember!  

It will do just fine if you are going to submit it now. If it goes past 90 days old when you submit it, then you need an updated statement. 

Edited by 1912

On 7/11/2022 at 8:29 PM, Joe817 said:

Oh 1912, we'd love to go on the trip you took. It truly a dream we've talked about for at least 30 years. But I have to be a realist, because of the expense of flying out to California, the cost of staying at a hotel, the transfers, etc, etc, etc.

We are much to old to drive there, so flying is our only option.... But...I guess we could take the train out there. Hmmm... that might be doable. Regardless the trip you described sounds heavenly. Thanks for responding, my friend.

Joe, I have been living in LA 31 years now.....yesterday instead of paying for my Amtrak tickets over the phone or online/app I decided to take the Metro light rail to downtown LA Union Station and pick up the tickets from there. I have used Union station scores of times over these 31 years but never really bothered to just loiter around the station. Naturally it is an old and historic station, so I spent about an hour or so loitering around and talking to various Metro, Metro Link and Amtrak employees, one of them, she was a treasure trove of information about the station's historic past and gave me the 25 cent tour of the station including behind the scenes.

Thought I would share that with you.

Have a good weekend, buddy.

Edited by 1912

2 hours ago, 1912 said:

Joe, I have been living in LA 31 years now.....yesterday instead of paying for my Amtrak tickets over the phone or online/app I decided to take the Metro light rail to downtown LA Union Station and pick up the tickets from there. I have used Union station scores of times over these 31 years but never really bothered to just loiter around the station. Naturally it is an old and historic station, so I spent about an hour or so loitering around and talking to various Metro, Metro Link and Amtrak employees, one of them, she was a treasure trove of information about the station's historic past and gave me the 25 cent tour of the station including behind the scenes.

Thought I would share that with you.

Have a good weekend, buddy.

1912, what a great story! Thanks for sharing. I too love going to the old, historic train station, but in downtown Fort Worth. I'd go out there by myself and just stroll around soaking in the art deco history for hours.  Loved it! I rode the train several times going out of that station when I was a wee lad of 7 or 8. Thanks for the memories! Have a great weekend yourself! 

7 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Did they send you an email or did you see it somewhere in your cruise planner?

They sent an email that it has been applied and it is already on my invoice.

My previous request, last month ,took nearly three weeks so it could be that I am already in the system.

Edited by maryann2
  • Like 1