Arcadia cancellations!

jeanlyon

2 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Terrierjohn was not offered a refund of the cruise only a total  FCC. I think he would rather of had the money back. If you are dealing with a TA maybe your refund is taking longer. 

Terrier John may not have been offered a refund, neither was I offered it as P&O wanted to keep the money on account, this was the norm for most if not all cruise lines. However you could request your money back, obviously you lost the 25% FCC loading, P&O did not make it easy and you had to complete a form and then wait months. A lot of us felt we were helping out by leaving money with P&O and then taking further cruises as we recognised things were bad and didn't want our cruise lines going under. In my opinion P&O have done very little to reciprocate our loyalty and seem to make everything as difficult as possible, my experience with P&O over the last 2 years have left a bitter taste. I am sure some other lines have been equally poor and also upset their customers, but we judge based on our experiences.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Today I have had my refund for the cancelled cruise and excursion - very fast so I am impressed with that - cancelled last Friday and refunded by Tuesday.

A significant improvement on 2 years ago, when we waited in excess of 100 days before a refund was given. We had to threaten to issue a Letter before Action before a refund was actioned. 

8 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Today I have had my refund for the cancelled cruise and excursion - very fast so I am impressed with that - cancelled last Friday and refunded by Tuesday.

Good to hear.  I have had my excursion money refunded from P&O but my cruise was booked with an agent, and nothing from them yet.  Yesterday on the chat box they were giving the 'high volume of enquiries' spiel, so I obviously hope they come through before too long!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Good to hear.  I have had my excursion money refunded from P&O but my cruise was booked with an agent, and nothing from them yet.  Yesterday on the chat box they were giving the 'high volume of enquiries' spiel, so I obviously hope they come through before too long!

We haven’t had our money back yet. Yes we did book through a TA but the TA in question pays the money direct to P & O and our credit card statements always list P & O as the debit.

• Like 1

Just checked online we have had a complete refund for Arcadia cruise but still no email.  Tried to speak to P&O and they have a recorded msg. saying all cruises would be refunded and no need to phone! 

21 minutes ago, Jill85 said:

Just checked online we have had a complete refund for Arcadia cruise but still no email.  Tried to speak to P&O and they have a recorded msg. saying all cruises would be refunded and no need to phone! 

I had the refund but no email for the cancelled cruise  - I did get an email for the cancelled excursion though.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 2:03 PM, paulatsea said:

I had the refund but no email for the cancelled cruise  - I did get an email for the cancelled excursion though.

13 hours ago, paulatsea said:

I now have CPS parking refunded - so that’s all the holiday refunded and unwound now. 

Hi

Great to hear that refunds are coming through. We were booked to depart on June 1st, but only received refunds for booked excursions as yet - no refund for the cruise. 
We want to book another cruise, but sadly not with P &O, and don’t want to pay for that before we are refunded.
Anyone booked on the same cruise received a refund as yet?

Many thanks

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2022 at 1:41 PM, Jill85 said:

To be fair I would prefer to get the refund and no email than to get the email and no refund😁

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jazzytelly said:

Has anyone else not got the refund yet. When speaking to P & O about a different subject the guy told me the refund had been sent to TA but we still haven’t received it. 

I haven't had my refund yet for 1st May cruise. I also booked with a TA so will start to chase up if it hasn't arrived by the end of next week.

19 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I haven't had my refund yet for 1st May cruise. I also booked with a TA so will start to chase up if it hasn't arrived by the end of next week.

Likewise - waiting for refund from TA for our1st May Baltic cruise. After an email contact with them I have been told that the TA is still waiting on the refund to appear in their accounts. It ill be forwarded as soon as they receive it. Like you I'll be chasing again next week.

Edited by arlowood

8 minutes ago, arlowood said:

Likewise - waiting for refund from TA for our1st May Baltic cruise. After an email contact with them I have been told that the TA is still waiting on the refund to appear in their accounts. It ill be forwarded as soon as they receive it. Like you I'll be chasing again next week.

I have just received the following from my TA.  Up to 2 months for the refund!  Unbelievable.

Please be advised that the refund will return to the agency, once this is done it will automatically be refunded to the original form of payment. The time frame given by the cruise line is 45-60 days.

31 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

That is unbelievably bad.

Well it is when you consider P & O told me they had sent to TA and then when I spoke to them after that they said it could take a month. I will also be chasing next week.

Let us know how you all get on. 

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

I have just received the following from my TA.  Up to 2 months for the refund!  Unbelievable.

Please be advised that the refund will return to the agency, once this is done it will automatically be refunded to the original form of payment. The time frame given by the cruise line is 45-60 days.

That doesn’t seem right - I booked direct and had my card refunded in 3 / 4 days for may 17 short cruise.

p&o said the refund was authorised on the same day as the cancellation - maybe different for t/a but I can’t believe 45-60 days .

44 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

That doesn’t seem right - I booked direct and had my card refunded in 3 / 4 days for may 17 short cruise.

p&o said the refund was authorised on the same day as the cancellation - maybe different for t/a but I can’t believe 45-60 days .

It's how some TAs make their money - they are really operating like banks do.