Arcadia cancellations!

jeanlyon

On 4/10/2022 at 9:24 AM, Cathygh said:

Something else to factor in. Air Traffic Control made lots of people redundant. It takes a year + to train new staff and the trainers were laid off and were told there would be no trainees for a year or so. 

More like 3 years!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, amajaa said:

Our TA tried when we first got the cancellation email, it wouldn’t let her so she said she would phone P & O . She then phoned us back and said we could do it but would have to wait a few days until the FCC etc were showing. So let’s hope it works. Perhaps give it a week and then try again, if we hear from TA in meantime will let you know. 

18 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Thanks very much amajaa

Update.

TA just phoned to say they had been give the wrong info and no we can’t use towards a cruise already booked 😥😥but we have until the 31st December 2023 to use it . 

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Update.

TA just phoned to say they had been give the wrong info and no we can’t use towards a cruise already booked 😥😥but we have until the 31st December 2023 to use it . 

It's amazing how one TA can do it and another can't.  I guess it depends on who they talk to at P&O

15 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

It's amazing how one TA can do it and another can't.  I guess it depends on who they talk to at P&O

I believe amajaa was the OP who reported that her TA said they could do it - I don't believe (but would love to be wrong!) that anyone else has posted that they have been able to have the discount taken off an already-booked cruise

15 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Same thing happened last year.  A couple of people were allowed to take their FCC onto an already booked cruise and some were not.

That is correct, I was one of the ones who wasn't allowed to add FCC's to an existing cruise. I tried 3 times and spoke to a manager but they wouldn't allow it. A similar thing happened with being able to move a cruise last minute, some were and some were not, even for the same cruise. You would think that there would be some consistency with basic T&C's, I didn't begrudge other people being able to add FCC's to an existing cruise but was annoyed that I couldn't. Just another small thing that moves P&O down the pecking list when I am looking for a new cruise.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Same thing happened last year.  A couple of people were allowed to take their FCC onto an already booked cruise and some were not.

37 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

That is correct, I was one of the ones who wasn't allowed to add FCC's to an existing cruise. I tried 3 times and spoke to a manager but they wouldn't allow it. A similar thing happened with being able to move a cruise last minute, some were and some were not, even for the same cruise. You would think that there would be some consistency with basic T&C's, I didn't begrudge other people being able to add FCC's to an existing cruise but was annoyed that I couldn't. Just another small thing that moves P&O down the pecking list when I am looking for a new cruise.

If I remember correctly (and I could be wrong) the original criteria was that you could only use a FCC to book a new cruise, or to upgrade on a cruise which was already booked, so that may explain the difference.  Could well be worth upgrading a currently booked cruise, if that is allowed.

It would be interesting what others remember about that and if anyone did upgrade to be able to use a FCC against a previously booked cruise.  It may only have applied to certain upgrades (between categories, or to a high grade of cabin, e.g. a suite).  Perhaps worth looking carefully at the current terms and conditions as well.  We have not had a cruise cancelled, so it would not apply to us.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes it was me who said  P & O had told our TA we could use on an existing booking, just found out today they had been told the wrong info.  

So has anyone been able to use on an existing booking? 

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

As has already been suggested the ‘couple of people’ who said they were allowed to use it on an existing booking could have used it as a paid upgrade which was a permitted use according to the rules of the fcc system. Any remaining fcc once the upgrade was paid for would remain as fcc.
We were not allowed to to use our fcc on an existing booking, just like many others who have posted, and that was also clearly stated in the fcc rules. Until anybody posts stating they were allowed to use fcc to pay the balance of an existing booking,(unless there were exceptional reasons such as a terminal illness diagnosis), rather than to finance a new future booking, I will consider the criticism of the application of a clear system to be unjust.

The fact that fcc could be retained until new seasons of cruises were launched (usually the cheapest time to book and when we normally book) has worked in our favour and brings credit to P&O.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Yes it was me who said  P & O had told our TA we could use on an existing booking, just found out today they had been told the wrong info.  

So has anyone been able to use on an existing booking? 

Thanks for the update Amajaa - I have also just been told again today that it’s not possible - only for new or upgrades - as others have said 

• Like 1

It’s clear what the FCC policy says in respect of it being only available for future bookings - but I think it’s not unreasonable to ask for this policy to be changed to allow it to be credited to an existing booking if a cruise is cancelled - especially at very short notice.

I have now had my last 2 cruises with p&o cancelled in a row - Christmas last year and now May this year.

I have had considerable hassle unwinding all of this - in addition to waiting for my refund - i.e hotels , cruise parking , other events that I could not attend and so on.

I am not in a position or may not want to book yet another cruise after the next one in order to  use the FCC and extra OBS.

So in my case I have had no compensation at all for a cruise being cancelled and I am unable to use any credit for the one future cruise I have already booked - Arcadia Christmas 2022 - which may also  be cancelled !

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

It’s clear what the FCC policy says in respect of it being only available for future bookings - but I think it’s not unreasonable to ask for this policy to be changed to allow it to be credited to an existing booking if a cruise is cancelled - especially at very short notice.

I have now had my last 2 cruises with p&o cancelled in a row - Christmas last year and now May this year.

I have had considerable hassle unwinding all of this - in addition to waiting for my refund - i.e hotels , cruise parking , other events that I could not attend and so on.

I am not in a position or may not want to book yet another cruise after the next one in order to  use the FCC and extra OBS.

So in my case I have had no compensation at all for a cruise being cancelled and I am unable to use any credit for the one future cruise I have already booked - Arcadia Christmas 2022 - which may also  be cancelled !

We’ve booked Christmas 2023, tbh I’m not holding out much hope for that one at the moment 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, amajaa said:

We’ve booked Christmas 2023, tbh I’m not holding out much hope for that one at the moment 

I agree, we have 5 2022/3/4 cruises booked and the way things are cannot feel confident of any of them running or P&O still being in business the way they are currently performing,.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

We are on it at the moment and it’s in an atrocious state. Unless a massive amount of work is done on it in the meantime I don’t envy you!

I'd love to know also, as the areas I saw seemed to be in a good condition.

3 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I believe amajaa was the OP who reported that her TA said they could do it - I don't believe (but would love to be wrong!) that anyone else has posted that they have been able to have the discount taken off an already-booked cruise

We moved the credit from our fully paid cancelled Iona cruise in Feb to an existing one in Feb 23. There was a bit of fiddling about, we have cruises booked in June and Oct but because the credit was larger than those balances, P&O would only permit the transfer to one where the balance was greater than the credit. 

This all was done at the height of the omicron outbreak, and we were surprised when our TA was not only able to achieve a cancellation, but also to get them to sllow us to use the credit against an existing booking. I can only assume that our existing fairly full list of future bookings was why they allowed it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We moved the credit from our fully paid cancelled Iona cruise in Feb to an existing one in Feb 23. There was a bit of fiddling about, we have cruises booked in June and Oct but because the credit was larger than those balances, P&O would only permit the transfer to one where the balance was greater than the credit. 

This all was done at the height of the omicron outbreak, and we were surprised when our TA was not only able to achieve a cancellation, but also to get them to sllow us to use the credit against an existing booking. I can only assume that our existing fairly full list of future bookings was why they allowed it.

Ok thanks - I’m my case maybe because of the price I don’t know I was only offered 10% fcc and £50 pp obc for future cruise and the cruise cost will be refunded in full - haven’t received anything yet.

Did you take the full cancellation amount as FCC in your case ? Maybe that’s why it’s different ?

1 minute ago, paulatsea said:

Ok thanks - I’m my case maybe because of the price I don’t know I was only offered 10% fcc and £50 pp obc for future cruise and the cruise cost will be refunded in full - haven’t received anything yet.

Did you take the full cancellation amount as FCC in your case ? Maybe that’s why it’s different ?

Not sure if it ever got as far as an FCC, the entire transaction was handled in one go by our TA, although the amended booking took a few weeks to come through, 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

You are being given a refund in total of your cruise and an extra FCC because of the way it was cancelled. Terrierjohn was not offered a refund of the cruise only a total  FCC. I think he would rather of had the money back. If you are dealing with a TA maybe your refund is taking longer. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We’ve got 4 future P & O cruises already booked but I assume that doesn’t count as fairly full but never mind that we can’t transfer to existing booking I’m sure we will use before Dec 2023 🤞

56 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

I agree, we have 5 2022/3/4 cruises booked and the way things are cannot feel confident of any of them running or P&O still being in business the way they are currently performing,.

When I said I wasn’t  holding out much hope for our Dec 2023 cruise I was talking about Arcadia only , I really hope the other P & O ships will still be running. 

P.S. Just looked at Carnival Shares price , it’s gone down a bit since Friday 

Edited by amajaa

4 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

You are being given a refund in total of your cruise and an extra FCC because of the way it was cancelled. Terrierjohn was not offered a refund of the cruise only a total  FCC. I think he would rather of had the money back. If you are dealing with a TA maybe your refund is taking longer. 

Thanks - I booked direct - no refund yet.

2 minutes ago, amajaa said:

We’ve got 4 future P & O cruises already booked but I assume that doesn’t count as fairly full but never mind that we can’t transfer to existing booking I’m sure we will use before Dec 2023 🤞

When I said I wasn’t  holding out much hope for our Dec 2023 cruise I was talking about Arcadia only , I really hope the other P & O ships will still be running. 

Yes I agree - hopefully everyone else is ok - I was talking about Arcadia only as well 

Just now, paulatsea said:

Yes I agree - hopefully everyone else is ok - I was talking about Arcadia only as well 

Apart from Iona where we have had 2 cancelled cruises already , Arcadia is the only P & O ship we hadn’t been on, hopefully we will get to go on her.  We booked a first cruise on Adonia and that was sold before we got on her, let’s hope Arcadia doesn’t go the same way, 

• Like 1