Realistic Flight Times

DLaForce

We are on the Alaska Inner Passage itinerary doing a round trip from Vancouver. Typically when we cruise, we stay an extra day on the back end but we do not have that luxury this time. The flight times for us are either 8:50 am or 3:00 pm. Has anyone ever tried to make an 8:50 am flight that same day you disembark? Is this even realistic?

TIA

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DLaForce said:

We are on the Alaska Inner Passage itinerary doing a round trip from Vancouver. Typically when we cruise, we stay an extra day on the back end but we do not have that luxury this time. The flight times for us are either 8:50 am or 3:00 pm. Has anyone ever tried to make an 8:50 am flight that same day you disembark? Is this even realistic?

TIA

8:50 AM?  Foregttaboutit.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Haha 2

I live in Vancouver.  For an 8:50 flight to the US I would try to arrive at the airport at 5:50 to go through security and you also go through US customs at YVR

So, no, I don’t think there is any way you could make this flight

• Like 2

Not for Alaska and before Covid, but here is our can you make an early flight story.

In 2007 we did a Baltic cruise Copenhagen to Copenhagen. We found a great roundtrip online fare from Newark online. But it could be only used for 9 AM return flights. Both our TA and Princess told us it was way too early, so we stayed a day in Copenhagen to take the flight the next day. When receiving the instructions for tags for disembarkation, DW noticed there was one for Continental (the airline we were using) at 9 AM. I looked, and not only was she right, but there was also a tag for flights before 9 AM.

Absolutely no way that will work. Disembarkation does not start until 7 or 730. You still have to get through customs, get to the airport, get checked in, go through security, and then clear US customs. You need to arrive at least 2 if not 3 hours early on an international flight. You will not make it. Even if you are the first off the ship and carry your own luggage. 11 or so is about the earliest flight that is reasonable to plan on. Take the 3 PM and do a disembarkation tour that will show you some sights and get you to the airport mid day. 

• Like 2