Stay in cabin until luggage # called?

1 minute ago, coaster said:

Does it still exist on departure day.

It may be changing, probably by ship - on the 3/20 sailing of Anthem (disembarked 3/27), the option was still there but there were also messages about gathering in various venues (like pre COVID).

That was a luxury to be enjoyed while numbers of staterooms actually in use were low. The window of that wonderful time to cruise has come to an end. I'm afraid next cruise for everyone (who has sailed since last July) is going to be a rude awakening - where did all these people come from???

• Like 2

Just off Navigator. They asked for us to be out of the cabins by 8am but they were very accommodating to staying in a little longer. We left our cabin at 830am and headed off the ship. 

• Thanks 1

We were just B2B on Oasis.  People were to stay in their cabins until their number was called on the March 20 sailing.  People had to vacate their cabins and wait in common areas on the March 27 sailing.

January...Navigator stayed in cabin until tag was displayed on TV.

March...Explorer...We walked off self assist at 8:00am..the concierge said we could come to the Schooner Bar if we needed her help but we easily walked off.

8 hours ago, UKWLDCruise said:

we had a combination of if you were due to leave the ship by a certain time stay in the cabin and various lounges etc for the rest.  My problem was they were not piping the announcements into the cabins. 

They should be posted on the TV...ours were on Navigator.

8 hours ago, UKWLDCruise said:

we had a combination of if you were due to leave the ship by a certain time stay in the cabin and various lounges etc for the rest.  My problem was they were not piping the announcements into the cabins. 

They run that on the TV.  On EX, it was channel two.  

We disembarked Anthem on 4/03 and instructions said to leave cabin by 8 am and go to royal theater or 270.    While we came back from breakfast in WJ we saw tons of people lined up on deck 5 and went back to our cabin to use bathroom and get our backpacks.   Our room steward told us we could hang in our cabin if we wanted to as he was busy with other cabins anyway.     So we hang out in our cabin till about 8:30 then disembarked with no crowds and no lines.    Easy peasy with facial recognition too!

29 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I do see a lot of people carrying  their own luggage waiting for their number to be called.

No reason they cannot just get off when they want.

I saw lots of people doing that too!    I figured they were first time cruisers and didn't know they could just walk off.

• Like 1