So it begins: Ovation Cruise 2022 Video series!

CwazeAndCwaze

Thanks for the latest episode. We love I mean really love your videos. A great way to start off our weekend is watching a new "the boys" cruising adventure.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Your Canadian Fans

I have been disappointed that neither Scott or Drew has given us a complete critique of their Seabourn experience.  I read on another board that they would not recommend Seabourn.  Fair enough, but would like to know that particulars.  Seabourn is not for everyone (just as other cruise lines do not suit everyone either). I would just like to know what they found lacking.  I think it would help other cruisers make an informed decision--recognizing that the same things are not important to everyone.  We all have what we are looking for in a cruise.  I have enjoyed their videos and will watch the next one this coming Friday.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 2

@SLSD You're asking to see the epilogue before you've finished the book! 😉 I think they indicated that they would share those thoughts at the end. No good storyteller wants to jump to the end prematurely. 

29 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

@SLSD You're asking to see the epilogue before you've finished the book! 😉 I think they indicated that they would share those thoughts at the end. No good storyteller wants to jump to the end prematurely. 

OK.  I'm willing to wait--if we can be assured of having a complete critique!  I'll be watching all the videos when they appear.  

Scott said he didn't want further discussion on Cruise Critic especially on this board. I think we should respect his wishes and go no further with this here. I am sure there are other places like on his youtube that you can post your questions or thoughts.

SLSD sometimes you just have to let things go.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Scott said he didn't want further discussion on Cruise Critic especially on this board. I think we should respect his wishes and go no further with this here. I am sure there are other places like on his youtube that you can post your questions or thoughts.

SLSD sometimes you just have to let things go.

When you post on an open forum you are inviting others to have a dialogue. When you post a video you get to say your part without having a dialogue with others. Sure, you can argue others can leave comments on YouTube to continue the dialogue, but it’s not quite the same as posting in a discussion forum such as this one.  By attempting to put an end to conversation here by stating no further comment, but then continuing to post videos, in my opinion is kind of a histrionic way of saying ‘I get the last word.’ Especially when they continue to post their opinions in other forums where they may be less likely to be challenged. Others May disagree, but I don’t believe it’s a respect issue if people continue to post here or challenge what other people may think. I believe the OP simply doesn’t want engage in a dialogue with those who may disagree with their views. And that’s fine if that’s what they want. Discussion forums aren’t for everyone, just as Seabourn isn’t for everyone. 

Edited by ciaoYacht
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ciaoYacht said:

When you post on an open forum you are inviting others to have a dialogue. When you post a video you get to say your part without having a dialogue with others.

Normally I would agree with you but in this case it obviously caused the Author distress so why keep bringing it up. The author has moved on to look for a better fit for them and I frankly have moved on as well and would rather not rehash everything. I have a cruise coming up in 7 weeks in the Med and would rather know how things are evolving there now with people cruising.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Normally I would agree with you but in this case it obviously caused the Author distress so why keep bringing it up. The author has moved on to look for a better fit for them and I frankly have moved on as well and would rather not rehash everything. I have a cruise coming up in 7 weeks in the Med and would rather know how things are evolving there now with people cruising.

Don’t disagree w you on that one. I have one in 11 days in the Med and couldn’t be more excited for my first Seabourn cruise!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ciaoYacht said:

Don’t disagree w you on that one. I have one in 11 days in the Med and couldn’t be more excited for my first Seabourn cruise!

I hope you have a great cruise.

I have friends on Ovation at the end of May so I will be interested to hear what they say. They don't use Cruise Critic so I will hear via email. I will be on Sojourn and I am curious as to how busy it will be, though my cruise is more likely to be impacted by Summer holiday time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

I hope you have a great cruise.

I have friends on Ovation at the end of May so I will be interested to hear what they say. They don't use Cruise Critic so I will hear via email. I will be on Sojourn and I am curious as to how busy it will be, though my cruise is more likely to be impacted by Summer holiday time.

Probably the same cruise on ovation departing May 28!

I too would like to see an end to this, but surely it has been blown up a bit - talking about the Author of the posts and videos being 'distressed' seems  bit over the top, after watching some of their video footage.  I think you have a fairly robust personality there who can cope with whatever slings and arrows might come their  way.

• Like 1

I really like Scott and Drew and for that reason wanted to hear their critique of their first (and probably last) Seabourn cruise.  They are two men who obviously enjoy having a good time and like humor.  I think it's ok to say that I am disappointed that they will not be giving us a detailed critique.  Yes, we sometimes have some meanies (!) on this board, but most of us are kind people who are willing to listen to what others say---recognizing that they may have a different perspective from us or value different aspects of a cruise.  You have to have a bit of a thick skin to offer opinions and observations among strangers.  Putting yourself out there on youtube seems to signal having a thick skin.  I just like to hear all points of view.  Believe me, Mr. SLSD and I have our own perspective which I will share when we finally cruise again.  There are things we care about and things we don't.  For example, having a large suite would do nothing for us.  We are very happy in a standard veranda.  We don't ever plan to have a dinner served to us in our suite course by course.  We don't watch TV while on a cruise.  At the same time, I enjoy reading the comments of other cruisers who DO love having a large suite, having dinner in their suite, and watching TV.  

Edited by SLSD

19 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Scott said he didn't want further discussion on Cruise Critic especially on this board. I think we should respect his wishes and go no further with this here.

No, that's actually not what he said. He explained that he didn't want to continue posting links to his videos here because he knew some of their opinions about Seabourn would ruffle the feathers of Seabourn loyalists, and he didn't want to deal with negativity about his comments or have to justify or explain them. But he did not did not ask people to stop any discussion they might want to have. That said, he probably won't post further in this thread, so the conclusion/summary @SLSD was looking for will probably only be revealed in the final video of their series on their cruise, over on their YouTube channel.

2 hours ago, cruiseej said:

No, that's actually not what he said. He explained that he didn't want to continue posting links to his videos here because he knew some of their opinions about Seabourn would ruffle the feathers of Seabourn loyalists, and he didn't want to deal with negativity about his comments or have to justify or explain them. But he did not did not ask people to stop any discussion they might want to have. That said, he probably won't post further in this thread, so the conclusion/summary @SLSD was looking for will probably only be revealed in the final video of their series on their cruise, over on their YouTube channel.

What a great ploy to keep us on the edge of our seats!

It is possible that rather than being distressed by all these comments (if CwazeAndCwaze are still reading them), they are actually laughing at all of us!  Their videos on Youtube have never been so popular!  A quick non scientific analysis of their previous Crystal videos shows views around the 300 - 400 mark for most, these Seabourn videos are around the 700 - 900 views.  Genius!

• 2 weeks later...