Pre cruise Covid testing

Hello, we will be sailing on the Harmony in June and are wondering if there is any speculation that RCI will suspend pre cruise testing before then. 

We will be traveling from Ireland for this cruise and I am just trying to figure out the best option for us to get tested for the cruise if needs be. 

Thanks 

Based on everything I have heard and read, including talking to several ship officers on three recent cruises, vaccines and testing will likely be around for the rest of the year and possibly longer. I think all cruise lines are keenly aware that a major breakout on a ship could lead to CDC action. I don’t think any cruise line wants to be responsible for another shutdown. Personally I am happy that I haven’t had to wear a mask on my last two cruises. I don’t mind getting tested as long as the no mask policy continues. 

• Thanks 1

If you are coming from Ireland you are going to need an antigen test to get into the US anyway. Time it so that test works for the ship as well. For example, take a test on Monday, fly on Tuesday and board the ship on Wednesday. If you want to spend time in the US do it at the end. If you come before the 48 hour restriction you will need to get tested again before boarding.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hogwildcruzers said:

We are leaving this Sat for Galveston to board the LOS on Sunday, our Walgreens is only doing the rapid NAAT test, is the accepted at check in?

Yes. It is a lab test rapid antigen test. I have read multiple people have used this option. I plan on signing up for it as backup for my CVS appt.

3 hours ago, Flipchild32 said:

Yes. It is a lab test rapid antigen test. I have read multiple people have used this option. I plan on signing up for it as backup for my CVS appt.

Thank you!.....We only have a Walgreens around here in the village, could drive into town of Hot Springs to get the test at CVS but now I know this, why drive a 40 mile round trip!

• Like 1

Michael Bayley's comments at 2022 Cruise360 conference when asked about testing.

“I think from everything we’ve learned about the CDC, who tend to guide a lot of this, is that when they really believe that it’s really moving from a pandemic to endemic, when they really believe that the positivity rates have declined to such a degree that it really poses no risk, I think that’s when we’re going to start seeing the government and governments start removing these testing requirements ... I think we’re going to see that probably by the summer.”

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Cvs wording changed to not accepted for travel. 

We just used the CVS rapid antigen test for our Mar 28 Celebrity cruise- same wording and no problems boarding with it. Many countries have historically required PCR testing for travel and, since this is an antigen test, perhaps they added the wording so that the client confirms their specific travel destination's rules before choosing the test. The CVS rapid test is the exact same test that we took in February for a cruise, and a family member took in early March- no issues then either.

32 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Michael Bayley's comments at 2022 Cruise360 conference when asked about testing.

“I think from everything we’ve learned about the CDC, who tend to guide a lot of this, is that when they really believe that it’s really moving from a pandemic to endemic, when they really believe that the positivity rates have declined to such a degree that it really poses no risk, I think that’s when we’re going to start seeing the government and governments start removing these testing requirements ... I think we’re going to see that probably by the summer.”

To be honest I don't trust the CDC with anything about COVID. I follow multiple epidemiologist who are saying it is far from endemic at this point, but starting that way. They also have also stated that with the new updates to the community transmission levels they are hiding the actual rates of transmission at this time. 

While I don't like having to rely on going somewhere for a test and think that they should provide testing on the ship. I don't mind having to be tested before. But then again I also work in healthcare.

• Like 1

What kind of paperwork do you get from CVS for the rapid test? I have watched many

of videos with the emed rx test. They show the receipt that you get, does CVS and Walgreens

look like that? For our cruise (not for a while) I'm thinking of doing both, stressful..... Im

sure once I do a test I will see it's actually easy.  We have never been tested, never had to

be.

Thank you.