Check In Time Changed

Ronaldo807

We are sailing on Divina out of Port Canaveral this month. Our original assigned check in time was 9:30 and based on recent reports from other's sailing this month that time wasn't too far off from boarding. We just received a notice that our check in time was changed to 12:30. We have never sailed MSC before so not sure if this is normal or not. Should I take that as they know that boarding will be delayed for some reason and they need to change the times (and not have us waiting around for hours)? Or should I take that as normal business procedure for MSC and I should still show up at 9:30 hoping to get on board in a reasonable amount of time? 

Typical to get multiple notices of boarding time changes. On my January Meraviglia cruise, I was issued 3 different boarding times prior to the cruise date. I got there a little before the original time thet sent and they never looked at the boarding time on my documents.  I would get there when it is convenient for you and you should be fine.

Edited by JT1962

^ This is correct. No one ever looks at your assigned boarding time unless you point it out to them. Everytime new boarding docs are issued, it comes with a new time on it. Ignore. Just show up when you show up. They'll check your covid docs outside and then send you inside to check-in.  PS- I would not show up at 9:30am; the ship isn't even fully unloaded yet from the previous cruise. 11:00am is better because there's a better chance you won't have to wait around after checking-in and you'll be able to get on the ship (even if cabins are not available until around 1PM.)

• Like 1