Summit Aqua Class question - deck 9 or 11?

OnTheJourney

Other than being up on a higher deck - any difference?  I'm thinking room size is the same. Not sure I want the extra motion that we'll get up there. I have to reschedule an upcoming sailing on the Summit to next year. Currently booked in 9082, so just thought I'd look at other options. 

16 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

And you have to check what is above you. 

A few older threads deal with the deck 9 or 11 concerns, so I went through a few of those (always helps to google first since many questions wind up linking to CC anyway!).  I'm going to go with 9127 as a first choice (rather than 9105) since one thread I came across said 9127 is under a carpeted - rather than pool - area. Can't remember where we were before in AQ on the Summit, but don't recall any noise issues (also were on 9). 

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We sailed in 1140 on Summit.  love that cabin with the huge balcony.

I love all those 5 aft cabins. I will only book Aqua if I can get one of those cabins. Otherwise I just book a veranda and check the Celebrity website every day to see if one of the afts open up. One year someone posted that they were cancelling their aft and we coordinated time so as soon as he cancelled it my TA grabbed it.

Laura

12 hours ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

A few older threads deal with the deck 9 or 11 concerns, so I went through a few of those (always helps to google first since many questions wind up linking to CC anyway!).  I'm going to go with 9127 as a first choice (rather than 9105) since one thread I came across said 9127 is under a carpeted - rather than pool - area. Can't remember where we were before in AQ on the Summit, but don't recall any noise issues (also were on 9). 

9127 is under the Oceanview Cafe - a little hard to tell for sure from the deck plan, but it appears to be under the little section of the OC where the table cleaning staff move in and out of.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Deck 9 is quieter, has shade

Redtravel...thanks. We're good with a bit more shade. I booked a room that isn't directly under the pool area. Now I'm tempted to dig out my sea pass cards from when we were on the Summit back in '19 and see what room we had. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

Just cruised in 1108. Slightly bigger balcony.  Definitely more motion. Balcony has no cover so it was too hot and sunny to use much of the time. Close to aft elevators so quick access to dining and bar areas. Generally more quiet than some other areas. We had no issues at all with noise from lawn movie area.