Solstice To Replace Millie - Mexican Riviera 2022

Cruising89143

On 4/12/2022 at 5:24 PM, cruisingator2 said:

In all due respect, no one has the right to tell another person how they should feel. Every person has a reason for choosing the time, ship, itinerary and date for cruising so when changes are made people have a right to express their displeasure. Celebrity does not have a great track record in handling situations like this in a positive manner. It’s great that you’re happy but some have good reasons for being disappointed. The new bookings should have been loaded in the system this morning when the announcement was made. 

Agree 100%. We booked the December 3 Mexican Riviera cruise on the Millennium a while ago. Millie was our first cruise in 2005 and we loved our Mexican Riviera cruise in 2007. My husband is now disabled but we were able to book an Aqua class accessible sunset veranda on deck 9. This would allow us to hop on the elevator and go down a few floors to Blu. Nothing against the Silhouette, but the Aqua class accessible rooms are far forward on deck 11 and Blu is aft. 

Ironically, we were on the Apex last month and booked a transatlantic on the Reflection for next year. I’ve gotten so many emails about dining, shore excursions, etc. but I realized I have had none for our Millennium cruise. 

1 hour ago, TexasTraveler1020 said:

Has anyone received their new room assignment for October 8th?

Have you logged into your account on Celebrity? That’s how I found our new stateroom number on the Solstice. Celebrity did not notify me of the change. I also was told yesterday that they’re still working to move guests to the new ship. 

48 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Have you logged into your account on Celebrity? That’s how I found our new stateroom number on the Solstice. Celebrity did not notify me of the change. I also was told yesterday that they’re still working to move guests to the new ship. 

Same experience here… looked on my account and had been moved to Caribbean instead of Mexico.  Decided to just hang with it a bit and two hours later it was what it is supposed to be.  App did not update until about 24 hrs later, but still needed to log off and back in to see correct info.

We have a group of 3 cabins and they assigned me to a different deck than the others so I called and it was a quick change.

Agree with others who have said it is a manual changeover, so maybe hang in there for a few days and see what happens.

14 minutes ago, twincheryl said:

Same experience here… looked on my account and had been moved to Caribbean instead of Mexico.  Decided to just hang with it a bit and two hours later it was what it is supposed to be.  App did not update until about 24 hrs later, but still needed to log off and back in to see correct info.

We have a group of 3 cabins and they assigned me to a different deck than the others so I called and it was a quick change.

Agree with others who have said it is a manual changeover, so maybe hang in there for a few days and see what happens.

The same thing happened to is. We were moved on the same ship but to the southern Caribbean itinerary out of San Juan. Took about twenty-fours and they had moved us to the. Solstice. 

IMHO, Celebrity should not have opened bookings on any Solstice sailings until they have everyone moved over. We had to have our CVP change our room location. That would have been the fair thing to do. I know that it’s stressful for those waiting. 

• Like 4

On 4/16/2022 at 9:38 AM, cruisingator2 said:

Yes I have, multiple times - it hasn’t been updated yet so I’m just (impatiently) waiting 😂 I called them but they couldn’t pick a room yet either. Hopefully we hear soon. It kinda stinks that it’s open to new reservations yet we don’t all have our room assignments. I also am trying to figure out if the flight I booked through them will still be valid. 

23 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

The same thing happened to is. We were moved on the same ship but to the southern Caribbean itinerary out of San Juan. Took about twenty-fours and they had moved us to the. Solstice. 

IMHO, Celebrity should not have opened bookings on any Solstice sailings until they have everyone moved over. We had to have our CVP change our room location. That would have been the fair thing to do. I know that it’s stressful for those waiting. 

I agree - wish the existing guests got their rooms before it opened to public. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, TexasTraveler1020 said:

I was not on this original cruise but I am now as I really like the itinerary.  Hope I didn’t take the room anyone already booked wanted.  🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Your pre-booked fellow cruisers should take a page from your book.

If I rebook myself it’s going to cost more (at least $500 more) … if we wait for them to rebook us, they honor our original pricing… 

Edited by TexasTraveler1020

24 minutes ago, TexasTraveler1020 said:

If I rebook myself it’s going to cost more (at least $500 more) … if we wait for them to rebook us, they honor our original pricing… 

True, although booking ahead of time is useful if there is a cabin that you absolutely have to have.  You hold onto that booking until you are officially Lifted and Shifted.

Prices now are considerably higher than when we booked, despite being moved to a larger ship with more capacity. Otherwise, I'd put a cabin on hold. 

Normally, I'd reach out to my TA and ask him to secure a Solstice cabin for us, but he is currently on his 30th anniversary cruise. I know he works when traveling (I've been with him while he was working on cruise ships) but this one is really special, and I just don't want to interrupt him this time. 

There are lots of Aquas showing as available, so I'll ask him to see what he can do for us after he is home, or when we meet him in Barcelona in a couple of weeks for another cruise.

6 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Prices now are considerably higher than when we booked, despite being moved to a larger ship with more capacity. Otherwise, I'd put a cabin on hold. 

Normally, I'd reach out to my TA and ask him to secure a Solstice cabin for us, but he is currently on his 30th anniversary cruise. I know he works when traveling (I've been with him while he was working on cruise ships) but this one is really special, and I just don't want to interrupt him this time. 

There are lots of Aquas showing as available, so I'll ask him to see what he can do for us after he is home, or when we meet him in Barcelona in a couple of weeks for another cruise.

The rates jumped a good bit this week. I saw $499.00 for an inside on Friday morning. All categories was much less but that did not last long. 

While we have the Solstice booked I placed a hold today on the Infinity out of FLL. Neither ship has been revolutionized so the Retreat won’t make a difference plus I love cruising from my the FLL/Miami area. I like the Infinity itinerary better. We’re cruising out of San Pedro four times over the next three months on RCI so a new port would also be nice. Decisions, decisions……🙂

45 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

True, although booking ahead of time is useful if there is a cabin that you absolutely have to have.  You hold onto that booking until you are officially Lifted and Shifted.

I understand what you mean. I don’t have to have any type of room - as far guest needs, ect. I am just hoping I get comparable or better. Hopefully my reservation will be switched over soon and then it won’t be a worry. I have also received mixed info on if my flights will still stay with my reservation or not. One rep said yes, one said no. Flights are way more now than when I booked 🤦‍♀️

30 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

You’re a nice client. I’m sure your TA appreciates it! Hopefully all will work out smoothly with your lift and shift. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasTraveler1020 said:

You’re a nice client. I’m sure your TA appreciates it! Hopefully all will work out smoothly with your lift and shift. 

Thanks. He's one of my best friends. We were his ride to the cruise port last Saturday. When his mom had a medical emergency that night, we were the ones who got her to the hospital. She's home now, and they've cut their post-cruise stuff short to fly home and spend time with her before leaving for Paris in a week. 

I'm sure it will work out okay. Even a less than desireable cabin is better than not getting to cruise.

• Like 1

I keep checking our reservation.  We went from "undefined" to the San Juan cruise and now we are back to "undefined".  Maybe this means we will hear soon??  I keep checking.  Since we were in an aft FV I imagine we will end up with something entirely different.  Keep waiting, keep checking 😊

• Like 1

We're still cruising to the Caribbean according to my account. My TA did call on Friday and explained that the "sold out" cabins are the ones Celebrity is currently working on. She is confident things will end up OK, though she understands that ship happens and will be on the lookout for us. We are going to try our first Celebrity cruise in our first Royal Suite, so as long as we maintain the same category cabin, I'm ok with whatever they give us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RollingMeadows said:

We're still cruising to the Caribbean according to my account. My TA did call on Friday and explained that the "sold out" cabins are the ones Celebrity is currently working on. She is confident things will end up OK, though she understands that ship happens and will be on the lookout for us. We are going to try our first Celebrity cruise in our first Royal Suite, so as long as we maintain the same category cabin, I'm ok with whatever they give us.

You should not have any issues. It looks as though there is the same amount of PS and RS suites between both ships. Four additional CS suites and a good number of S1/S2 suites on the Solstice. Hopefully they will finish the move over the next few days. 🙂

2 hours ago, westcoastcruiser said:

I keep checking our reservation.  We went from "undefined" to the San Juan cruise and now we are back to "undefined".  Maybe this means we will hear soon??  I keep checking.  Since we were in an aft FV I imagine we will end up with something entirely different.  Keep waiting, keep checking 😊

we had the same type of room and location and I assume we will not have that anymore. I just keep checking and checking too! 

12 hours ago, TexasTraveler1020 said:

I was told they blocked out all the rooms.  The issue is manually entering all the information.  If you look at the open cabins you can see they are about 2/3 booked (or blocked).

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 6:27 AM, crtwms said:

I was booked on Millie for Mex Riviera trip in Nov. When should I expect to see my reservation updated? Will I be able to choose my room?  Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks! 

I called Celebrity and found out the number for my Sky Suite on the Solstice. I suggest you do that.👍🏼