Solstice To Replace Millie - Mexican Riviera 2022

Cruising89143

1 minute ago, bigbenboys said:

I'm not sure if all S-Class ships have been modified. But Eclipse also was modified to sailing out of Vancouver BC.

I have not seen a full canal transit for anything other than an M-Class ship.  Some of the larger RCCL ships have retractable funnels to allow clearance under bridges.  I am not sure which Celebrity ships (S-Class or E-Class) have retractable funnels.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 9:23 AM, Compass Rose Monica said:

My Solstice 2023 cruise has been cancelled.

This is the second time trying to cruise in Japan. I think I'm done with this part of the world.

Monica

Dear Guest,

We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your 2022/23 cruise vacation. Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding the restart of international operations in the Asia region, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our Celebrity Solstice sailings in this part of the world and will be relocating the ship to the Mexican Riviera. As a result, we will be canceling all Celebrity Solstice Asia sailings currently scheduled to depart September 16, 2022 through April 21, 2023......

Monica, 

Was on that cruise that got cancelled in 2020 and again in 2021. When the dates changed for 2022 we jumped off and moved our Transpacific Cruise to the Eclipse out of Honolulu - glad we did that as we get to go to Tahiti and looks like ours is going as Australia and New Zealand are now open. Wish you all the best 

Scouser 66

David 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, If only said:

We phoned the # on the email that we received & as usual Celebrity had not advised the Engagement people that this was happening.  No, we could not choose our room just have to wait until they change it over.

Same here. I waited on hold for 45 minutes just to be told that I needed to call a different number.

1 hour ago, If only said:

We phoned the # on the email that we received & as usual Celebrity had not advised the Engagement people that this was happening.  No, we could not choose our room just have to wait until they change it over.

My Celebrity Vacation Planner contacted me late yesterday afternoon. Celebrity has a team working on moving everyone from the Millie to the Solstice. Until this happens and the sailings are loaded no one can make any changes. No set timeline when this will happen other than it’s being worked on. She told me that there was a meeting yesterday morning where the CVP’s were updated on the changes.

• Like 1

Well, after much consideration, we decided to cancel our cruise. We were looking forward to do the revolutionized Millie, the solarium pool, the updated retreat, retreat deck and so forth. Solstice for us does not have the same value for Suite Guest. We might book the Millie depending of redeployment.

In any case, I hope you all have a great time and this change is positive in your situation! 🙂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Same here. I waited on hold for 45 minutes just to be told that I needed to call a different number.

I was on hold for about 20 minutes.  I was not told to call a different number, but I WAS told that I can't choose my cabin right now, and that instead I have to wait for them to assign my cabin.  At that point, if I don't like my cabin, I can call back and request a change.  I don't know how that works when it seems the cabins will all be spoken for after Celebrity has assigned everyone.

3 hours ago, osborne66 said:

The locks were upsized so all the largest ships can now get through 

The original locks, the ones Celebrity uses, are the same size they have been.

New, wider locks were built to allow for larger ships.

Celebrity S class in principle should fit the new locks, but the overhanging lifeboats impede proper positioning and stabilization of the ship when at the low point in a lock. As of February this year no solution had been agreed to. And no S class has been through.

Stan

51 minutes ago, ShelleyQT said:

I was on hold for about 20 minutes.  I was not told to call a different number, but I WAS told that I can't choose my cabin right now, and that instead I have to wait for them to assign my cabin.  At that point, if I don't like my cabin, I can call back and request a change.  I don't know how that works when it seems the cabins will all be spoken for after Celebrity has assigned everyone.

I am in the middle of my 3rd L&S.  The prior two times, I got the cabin assignments right away and did not have to wait for them to be assigned.  I would not like the answer you got.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mikewomb said:

With the new 2nd canal all ships can go through. Actually 96%  which makes a big difference 

3D28B3B6-4932-491B-8D14-A9096DE40D23.jpeg

I haven't yet looked to see the difference in $ for transiting the new locks, but I suspect the reason that X continues to sail exclusively M class ships through the Canal is that they are then able to use the old locks at a lower cost.   AFAIK, there has yet to be an S class transit.

Have they released any Millie Caribbean itineraries yet?  Wondering where they'll put her exactly and if maybe our November Infinity will get an upgrade to a revolutionized ship.

2 hours ago, ShelleyQT said:

Solstice holds about 700 more people and for the Millie sailings I was looking at were not sold out.

2 hours ago, canderson said:

I haven't yet looked to see the difference in $ for transiting the new locks, but I suspect the reason that X continues to sail exclusively M class ships through the Canal is that they are then able to use the old locks at a lower cost.   AFAIK, there has yet to be an S class transit.

I’m doing the PC on EDGE 11/21/2022

On 4/12/2022 at 12:48 PM, angelhelly said:

I have mixed feeling about. I sailed on the Solstice before, she is a fine ship. But we go from a ship that has been just refurbished and modernized  to one that has been refurbished in 2016 with no retreat  lounge or deck space. I do not know how I feel about this.

We already booked our flights so changing might not be an option right now. Wonder what will be the new Millie sailings.

Should check with the airlines most now offer no cancellation and change fee but only issue a flight credit if cancelled.

6 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Your new cabin assignment?  How were you told?

I got a bunch of excursion cancellation emails.

I checked in my cruise planner and it was showing the sailing on the solstice now. With assignment 2118.

Edited by angelhelly

37 minutes ago, angelhelly said:

I checked in my cruise planner and it was showing the sailing on the solstice now. With assignment 2118.

Lucky you.  As of right now, I’m getting this not so encouraging message. 
“Undefined Days until your Undefined” 😂

EB351343-49AE-4232-BCA2-1710DDCDF02C.jpeg

23 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

We sailed on both Silhouette and Equinox in Aquaclass and ordered of MDR menu when we wanted to.

same cruise 11/05 Aquaclass. My TA told me today i have till May 12 to stay or. cancel. Then they will assign rooms as close to what you had. Have to wait and see if she is right or not.

10 minutes ago, paulabr said:

same cruise 11/05 Aquaclass. My TA told me today i have till May 12 to stay or. cancel. Then they will assign rooms as close to what you had. Have to wait and see if she is right or not.

MY TA.  must be wrong if some are getting assigned,

2 hours ago, D C said:

Have they released any Millie Caribbean itineraries yet?  Wondering where they'll put her exactly and if maybe our November Infinity will get an upgrade to a revolutionized ship.

It looks like she might be sailing from SJU and they are still working on loading pricing etc. 

319BD439-2C56-445D-919D-197E274A634B.thumb.jpeg.164358cfc3e1757ab16d2c62d1d37faa.jpeg