Solstice To Replace Millie - Mexican Riviera 2022

Cruising89143

Dear Guest,

We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your 2022 cruise vacation. As a result of deployment changes, the Mexican Riviera sailings on Celebrity Millennium departing September 24, 2022 through December 11, 2022, will now be onboard Celebrity Solstice.

Experience a vacation like no other onboard Celebrity Solstice. Relax and enjoy unforgettable spaces, world-class amenities, and our stylish accommodations. Play your favorite outdoor games, catch a concert, or just take in some sun at The Lawn Club. We know that you will enjoy this beautiful ship, the namesake of our award-winning Solstice Class ships.

At this time, we will automatically move your cruise reservation to the Celebrity SolsticeMexican Riviera sailing at the same rate including any promotion currently on the booking. No action is required on your part to initiate this move.

If you choose not to sail onboard Celebrity Solstice, from now through May 12, please contact us or your travel agent to request a 100% refund to your original method of payment. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after cancellation.  Cruise taxes and fees would be refunded separately.  Please note, any reservations paid with a Future Cruise Credit will not be eligible for a cash refund, however, your Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated. 

If you have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruise Planner, you will be refunded in full to your original method of payment.  Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically.  You will not need to call in to initiate the process.  Guests with independent excursions or air arrangements need to contact their tour operators and air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to provide a compelling array of itinerary options around the world.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely, 

Celebrity Cruises

I have mixed feeling about. I sailed on the Solstice before, she is a fine ship. But we go from a ship that has been just refurbished and modernized  to one that has been refurbished in 2016 with no retreat  lounge or deck space. I do not know how I feel about this.

We already booked our flights so changing might not be an option right now. Wonder what will be the new Millie sailings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

Not thrilled. 
We had a spectacular oversized aft balcony family veranda on the Millie.

The Solstice has nothing comparable as the corner aft staterooms are sky suites.

Will probably cancel.

I’m waiting on my CVP to contact me as we had a great stateroom and as you stated the Solstice has nothing like it. Not happy. I wonder where the Millie will go?

We are booked on the Nov 5th sailing. This cruise is a family cruise so we are booked in Aqua. The down side with Solstice is we wont be able to order off the MDR menu in Blu. Upside I can do glassblowing and we can open up the balconies of our 3 cabins. We were also on Millie last Oct and like the upgrades we saw. Oceanview was a much better layout. June we are booked on Millie in a suite. So Solstice for us will be a nice change.

My Solstice 2023 cruise has been cancelled.

This is the second time trying to cruise in Japan. I think I'm done with this part of the world.

Monica

Dear Guest,

We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your 2022/23 cruise vacation. Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding the restart of international operations in the Asia region, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our Celebrity Solstice sailings in this part of the world and will be relocating the ship to the Mexican Riviera. As a result, we will be canceling all Celebrity Solstice Asia sailings currently scheduled to depart September 16, 2022 through April 21, 2023......

5 minutes ago, Compass Rose Monica said:

This is the second time trying to cruise in Japan. I think I'm done with t part of the world.

Monica

Dear Guest,

We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your 2022/23 cruise vacation. Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding the restart of international operations in the Asia region, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our Celebrity Solstice sailings in this part of the world and will be relocating the ship to the Mexican Riviera. As a result, we will be canceling all Celebrity Solstice Asia sailings currently scheduled to depart September 16, 2022 through April 21, 2023......

Monica,

I sorry this happened to you again.  We gave up after our Japan & Vietnam /Thailand cruises were cancelled twice.

Joan

13 minutes ago, Compass Rose Monica said:

This is the second time trying to cruise in Japan. I think I'm done with this part of the world.

Monica

Dear Guest,

That does stink. Not sure when that part of the world will reopen to cruising on a normal basis again. 

26 minutes ago, Compass Rose Monica said:

Monica

Dear Guest,

Same for us although we will lift and shift to the 2023 holiday Solstice sailing.  Hopefully the 4th time will be the charm.

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your 2022/23 cruise vacation. Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding the restart of international operations in the Asia region, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our Celebrity Solstice sailings in this part of the world and will be relocating the ship to the Mexican Riviera. As a result, we will be canceling all Celebrity Solstice Asia sailings currently scheduled to depart September 16, 2022 through April 21, 2023.

At this time, we would like to offer you the choice of being re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation or receiving a 100% Refund.  From now through May 12, you have the option to Lift and Shift your existing cruise vacation plans in Asia to a specified 2023/24 Celebrity Solstice or Celebrity Millennium Asia sailing.  Please contact us or your travel agent for alternate sailing options and your reservation will be shifted including any promotion you currently have on the booking. 

If you are unable to rebook by May 12, you will automatically receive a 100% refund to your original method of payment.  You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after cancellation. Cruise taxes and fees would be refunded separately.  Please note, any reservations paid with a Future Cruise Credit will not be eligible for a cash refund, however, your Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated. No action is required on your part to receive this refund.

If you have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruise Planner, you will be refunded in full to your original method of payment.  Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically.  You will not need to call in to initiate the process.  Guests with independent excursions or air arrangements need to contact their tour operators and air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to work through these unique circumstances. We regret the impact to your vacation and hope that you will continue to explore the world with us. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

Since I carefully chose my cabin on Millenium, I want to do the same for Solstice. I called the phone number in the e-mail and was on hold for 40 minutes just to be told that I need to be transferred to reservations since it would be considered a new reservation. That didn't sound quite right to me and I was placed back into the hold queue...so I hung up.

Maybe I'll see what cabin they choose for me, then call and change it.

• Like 1

Ooooooh I’m excited! Looking forward to sailing on the Solstice. Waiting now to see what cabins we get, I hope they realize that we are in connecting cabins, traveling with small children. 

• Like 1

They canceled our bucket-list Panama Canal transit cruise as part of this and I'm not in a hurry to rebook since there are, literally, no other Celebrity cruises doing a similar itinerary this year. They could have made it a bit easier/sweeter with a discount or something but nope.

(We've already booked our flights and all our excursions. This was a huge trip for us and it's just not happening now.)

40 minutes ago, angelsil said:

They canceled our bucket-list Panama Canal transit cruise as part of this and I'm not in a hurry to rebook since there are, literally, no other Celebrity cruises doing a similar itinerary this year. They could have made it a bit easier/sweeter with a discount or something but nope.

(We've already booked our flights and all our excursions. This was a huge trip for us and it's just not happening now.)

I am so sorry to hear that.  I had my eyes on that sailing, too, when it first came out.

1 hour ago, angelsil said:

Since both ships were already out west I’m not sure why they could not have left the Millie alone and moved the Solstice. 

• Like 3

We booked in 2019 for the back-to-back April 2021Japan and Transpacific cruises originally on Millennium.

They got canceled and we "lifted-and-shifted" to 2022...then on Solstice...the Transpacific shortened from 15 nights to 13...

That got canceled and we "lifted-and-shifted", again, to 2023...but Japan now shortened from 14 nights to 12...

That just got canceled and we are trying to "lift-and-shift" yet again to 2024...back on Millennium...

At least the Japan cruise is...The Transpacific doesn't show on the schedule yet.

Every time there is a cancelation and move, things change--cabin categories are the latest.  The Solstice was sold out for Japan 2023...How does everyone lift-and-shift and fit on the much smaller Millennium?

This all really sucks...

3 hours ago, angelhelly said:

I have mixed feeling about. I sailed on the Solstice before, she is a fine ship. But we go from a ship that has been just refurbished and modernized  to one that has been refurbished in 2016 with no retreat  lounge or deck space. I do not know how I feel about this.

We already booked our flights so changing might not be an option right now. Wonder what will be the new Millie sailings.

Wait...Solstice does not have a retreat deck?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bruin Steve said:

We booked in 2019 for the back-to-back April 2021Japan and Transpacific cruises originally on Millennium.

They got canceled and we "lifted-and-shifted" to 2022...then on Solstice...the Transpacific shortened from 15 nights to 13...

That got canceled and we "lifted-and-shifted", again, to 2023...but Japan now shortened from 14 nights to 12...

That just got canceled and we are trying to "lift-and-shift" yet again to 2024...back on Millennium...

At least the Japan cruise is...The Transpacific doesn't show on the schedule yet.

Every time there is a cancelation and move, things change--cabin categories are the latest.  The Solstice was sold out for Japan 2023...How does everyone lift-and-shift and fit on the much smaller Millennium?

This all really sucks...

I agree, unfortunately we have had covid to deal with, and I am sure no cruise line wants to cancel any trips.

I don't see any timeframe for new cabin assignments to be completed so I'm hoping it will be quickly so decisions can be made regarding cancelation, keeping as assigned, or requesting a different cabin.  I tried to book my same trip(Nov 19) and nothing is showing up on the website yet.  I'd assume they are re-assigning everyone and will then release the trip for new reservations.

6 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

I agree, unfortunately we have had covid to deal with, and I am sure no cruise line wants to cancel any trips.

I understand that VERY well...I've had eleven (?) cruises canceled altogether.  It's not that there is Covid...it's how they handle it.  There is no priority for having booked it early.  They are inflexible as to which cabins you can lift-and-shift to--for example, when we lifted and shifted from 2022 to 2023, they had no 2As available...but lots of 1Cs...where the only difference is location on the ship--Deck 7 midship for 2A, Deck 8 all the way forward for 1C ...but wouldn't do that.  We were lucky my TA had a 2A "guarantee" available and we waited months for a cabin assignment.  By the time they've announced changes each time, the target lift-and-shift cruises are close to full.  Moving this one from Solstice to Millennium means very few of us on the 2023 cruise will even be able to lift and shift.

23 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

No, but why the big uproar? We could all stay home. A retreat deck IMHO is not a deal breaker. The Solstice is hardly a dump. 

People are allowed to be disappointed by this change. People book a certain trip with some expectations. 

No, the Solstice is not a dump. But it is a different experience with different benefits and options.

When I booked, I choose this itinerary and category for several reason

1) Itinerary. We like Mexican Riviera

2) We never sailed on a class M ship

3) The new venue were cool and we liked the Retreat on the Edge. We were excited to try it on a different ship.

4) The Cabin redesign looked real cool. 

Yes, I would be happy to cruise. But I could cruise on a lot of different cruise line or cruise ship with benefits I am looking for.

It's not like we have the option to Sail on the Solstice or nothing.

On a Class S ship, we usually do not do a suite, we do either Aqua or Regular balcony with dining package. The retreat and the lack of specialty dining on the Millie swayed our decision to book a Sky Suite.

And I am not excited by the idea to have a stateroom under the Buffet, where my initial placement was over cellar master.

So yeah. I am glad for you that those changes are not impacting what you were looking for. But for some of us, those changes might impact our decision and I do believe it is a good thing to discuss what those changes are. 

Edited by angelhelly
  • Like 8

When I got the email this morning that said these were cancelled, my first thought was we have airline tickets to Vancouver..now what do we do with them. I started looking at another cruise line that does a similar trip, and in the meantime we got a message from our TA that ships had been switch. So yes I thinking people should be thankful they can cruise. When I hear “there is no retreat deck” I am curious if they know you most likely won’t use it on a Pacific Coastal as it is quite cool in September until you get down to S California. Make lemonade people. This is a little glitch in the road. 

Edited by mikewomb

18 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

When I got the email this morning that said these were cancelled, my first thought was we have airline tickets to Vancouver..now what do we do with them. I started looking at another cruise line that does a similar trip, and in the meantime we got a message from our TA that ships had been switch. So yes I thinking people should be thankful they can cruise. When I hear “there is no retreat deck” I am curious if they know you most likely won’t use it on a Pacific Coastal as it is quite cool in September until you get down to S California. Make lemonade people. This is a little glitch in the road. 

I think tickets to Vancouver will be lost anyway. My pacific coastal says you can lift and shift. My Mexico sailing says switched to Solstice.

Unless they're going to deadhead Solstice from Seattle to Vancouver and then do the same sailing? But why not just move everyone over then?