Solstice To Replace Millie - Mexican Riviera 2022

Cruising89143

3 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Understood, but by visibly "changing" our itinerary, it's just inviting confusion and panic. It's not like they told us what we'd see during the process. This is what they communicated to us: "...we will automatically move your cruise reservation to the Celebrity Solstice Mexican Riviera sailing..."

They left out the word "eventually".

Hard with all the chaos to move thousands of reservations when every reservation must be moved individually. 

Want panic, how about the December Panama Canal cruise that is cancelled with no replacement. 

My Oct. 15 sailing originally on Millie has finally now been properly listed as a Solstice cruise in a cabin that fits fairly strict location criteria I gave my TA which she passed on to Celebrity. We were looking forward to a cruise on a Revolutionized ship, but that will have to wait.

On 4/13/2022 at 10:48 AM, angelhelly said:

Well, after much consideration, we decided to cancel our cruise. We were looking forward to do the revolutionized Millie, the solarium pool, the updated retreat, retreat deck and so forth. Solstice for us does not have the same value for Suite Guest. We might book the Millie depending of redeployment.

In any case, I hope you all have a great time and this change is positive in your situation! 🙂 

Same here. Now deciding what cruise to book instead.  

7 minutes ago, janineallison said:

Were you originally booked in Aqua Class cabins?

Yes, When I signed in this morning to my account online it now shows Celebrity Solstice and the new cabin 1625. Just what our TA said.

13 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Every sailing is currently showing the Retreat as sold out. I don’t think that’s accurate. I’m assuming that they’re still loading staterooms. 

Maybe and maybe not. Suites are selling out incredibly fast on most sailings these days

This is our first cruise on Celebrity. Although there will be no Retreat, we're OK with that. Am I correct in thinking the Solstice has suite butlers instead of Retreat hosts? We booked the cruise for the line and not the ship so it'll be pretty easy to adapt. 

• Like 2

We are still showing as being on Millie for our B2B and they have not moved us yet.  Frustrating part is that the sailings are now open to the public!!!  I would have thought that X would have waited to open to the public until after everyone was moved!!  I called and spoke to X and they said that not all passengers will be moved until some time in MAY!

I was informed to have my TA reach out to X and tell them I wish to accept Solstice and found a cabin we would like for both sailings.  We will see what happens

I will say I only waited less than 15 minutes to get through to X , so that was a nice change

Edited by CulverCityCruisers
additional text

10 minutes ago, RollingMeadows said:

This is our first cruise on Celebrity. Although there will be no Retreat, we're OK with that. Am I correct in thinking the Solstice has suite butlers instead of Retreat hosts? We booked the cruise for the line and not the ship so it'll be pretty easy to adapt. 

There is still a Retreat, just not a Retreat sundeck.  You'll still have the separate Retreat Lounge that is indoors.  You'll still have a Personal Retreat Host (the new name for the butlers) plus the Retreat concierges.

6 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

We are still showing as being on Millie for our B2B and they have not moved us yet.  Frustrating part is that the sailings are now open to the public!!!  I would have thought that X would have waited to open to the public until after everyone was moved!!  I called and spoke to X and they said that not all passengers will be moved until some time in MAY!

I was informed to have my TA reach out to X and tell them I wish to accept Solstice and found a cabin we would like for both sailings.  We will see what happens

I will say I only waited less than 15 minutes to get through to X , so that was a nice change

We're still on the Millennium, too.  I'm concerned because we have two cabins that are of a type of which there are not many.

Edited by KAE27
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Maybe and maybe not. Suites are selling out incredibly fast on most sailings these days

My CVP told me this morning that Celebrity is still moving guests and the Retreat has not opened up on any sailings. They can only access Aqua class and lower at this time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

This does take time but I have my doubts that they will still be moving people in May. It may take a few more days but they seem to still be working on it. Our OBC has not made it over. As soon as I received the emails late yesterday afternoon showing our Millie specialty dining was canceled, I checked my Celebrity account it the Solstice was loaded. I know that it’s frustrating but it will happen.

1 hour ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Frustrating part is that the sailings are now open to the public!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I just booked a new cruise and selected the cabin I wanted. Then I cancelled my previous reservation since it was a refundable deposit. Done.

27 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

My CVP told me this morning that Celebrity is still moving guests and the Retreat has not opened up on any sailings. They can only access Aqua class and lower at this time. 

Oh, thanks for this!  Makes me feel better.

I would just like to know how they are going to accommodate the ones that had one of the 12 aft family veranda staterooms booked on the Millennium.  There are only 4 staterooms of that class on the Solstice and they are all the way forward and no where near the same balcony size.

I keep checking and currently it shows that I am still on the Millennium September 24th-30th doing a Coastal Pacific Itinerary  instead of my booked Mexican Riviera. 🙄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I just booked a new cruise and selected the cabin I wanted. Then I cancelled my previous reservation since it was a refundable deposit. Done.

Thanks for your example! I just booked a new Mexican Riviera cruise, selected one of my favorite cabins. However, I have not yet cancelled my Millennium booking, I am curious to see what they might assign me when they get to that. Most likely I'll go with my new booking though it is $200-300 more...

Stan

Edited by GottaKnowWhen
It is a new Mexican cruise, NOT a New Mexican cruise...
  • Like 1

This trip on Millennium was to be a back to back and our first suite (cheapest Sky) on a fully updated ship.  I am disappointed that these rooms on Solstice look dated and tired and the Retreat perks are no longer the same. First world problems of course but was looking forward to the Retreat Sundeck. Hoping the prices will be dropped because we are  not getting the same value on this ship.

1 hour ago, pixiedust777 said:

I would just like to know how they are going to accommodate the ones that had one of the 12 aft family veranda staterooms booked on the Millennium.  There are only 4 staterooms of that class on the Solstice and they are all the way forward and no where near the same balcony size.

I keep checking and currently it shows that I am still on the Millennium September 24th-30th doing a Coastal Pacific Itinerary  instead of my booked Mexican Riviera. 🙄

I had my family of 4 booked in a Millennium FV (Dec 20 2020 Hong Kong to Singapore) when we Lift and Shifted to the same cruise a year later, but Solstice was doing that itinerary.  The 4 FVs were not available and we ended up being put into two connecting 1C balcony cabins. 

Price wise it evened out because the 1st/2nd person in an FV cabin is more expensive than 1st/2nd for a normal balcony cabin.  However our kids were 1st/2nd passengers in their connecting cabin, but paying a very cheap 3rd/4th rate.  

For those that booked the two people in a Millennium FV, I imagine that they will have to settle for a Solstice SV cabin which at least preserves the aft view and you get a large balcony; but it will be a let down.

On 4/12/2022 at 11:20 AM, angelsil said:

They canceled our bucket-list Panama Canal transit cruise as part of this and I'm not in a hurry to rebook since there are, literally, no other Celebrity cruises doing a similar itinerary this year. They could have made it a bit easier/sweeter with a discount or something but nope.

(We've already booked our flights and all our excursions. This was a huge trip for us and it's just not happening now.)

We were supposed to be on this cruise too.  We did L&S to an April 2023 westbound PC.  And will use our credited airfare for the flight back to Florida. But definitely is a bummer 🙁

11 hours ago, fellswoop said:

This trip on Millennium was to be a back to back and our first suite (cheapest Sky) on a fully updated ship.  I am disappointed that these rooms on Solstice look dated and tired and the Retreat perks are no longer the same. First world problems of course but was looking forward to the Retreat Sundeck. Hoping the prices will be dropped because we are  not getting the same value on this ship.

If you were in a Sky Suite on the Millie on the plus side the SS themselves are larger on the  Solstice and with a few exceptions the balconies are  also larger.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RollingMeadows said:

Butlers are the same thing as Retreat Hosts, same on every ship in the fleet.  Our butler on our last cruise told me that most "Retreat Hosts" prefer to be called by the old designation of Butler. Celebrity came up with this new name I think to be more PC. 

• Like 1