Solstice To Replace Millie - Mexican Riviera 2022

Cruising89143

4 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

It looks like she might be sailing from SJU and they are still working on loading pricing etc. 

319BD439-2C56-445D-919D-197E274A634B.thumb.jpeg.164358cfc3e1757ab16d2c62d1d37faa.jpeg

This is disappointing.  Getting to San Juan is a lot more of a hassle than getting to anywhere in Florida.  Maybe the Panama Canal cruise will be cheap.

3 hours ago, angelhelly said:

I got a bunch of excursion cancellation emails.

I checked in my cruise planner and it was showing the sailing on the solstice now. With assignment 2118.

What is your sail date? I would expect that they are working through the reassignment process in date order, soonest first. But they could be going through Royal Suites first, etc. and Deck 3 Inside last…

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

10 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

What is your sail date? I would expect that they are working through the reassignment process in date order, soonest first. But they could be going through Royal Suites first, etc. and Deck 3 Inside last…

Was October 1st

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

It looks like she might be sailing from SJU and they are still working on loading pricing etc. 

319BD439-2C56-445D-919D-197E274A634B.thumb.jpeg.164358cfc3e1757ab16d2c62d1d37faa.jpeg

Our cruise has changed. Still showing the Millie but out of San Juan. Seven nights to the southern Caribbean. St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados. Now I need them to load the Solstice.

8 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Our cruise has changed. Still showing the Millie but out of San Juan. Seven nights to the southern Caribbean. St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados. Now I need them to load the Solstice.

Same here. We are on Oct. 15 sailing.

5 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I’m doing the PC on EDGE 11/21/2022

Um, that's not quite the same thing as an actual transit (see prior post) that catches both oceans, but close (half way!).  Much more fun than a simple 'bump and run' off the port at Cristobal.

I do think yours will be the first X ship larger than an M class to ever see Gatun Lake.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, canderson said:

Um, that's not quite the same thing as an actual transit (see prior post) that catches both oceans, but close (half way!).  Much more fun than a simple 'bump and run' off the port at Cristobal.

I do think yours will be the first X ship larger than an M class to ever see Gatun Lake.

I’m fine with it and looking forward to it.  The poster did say other than M or S no Celebrity ships would be doing a PC cruise.  Mine is and it’s not a M or S.  I’ll enjoy it.

12 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

12 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

This is disappointing.  Getting to San Juan is a lot more of a hassle than getting to anywhere in Florida.  Maybe the Panama Canal cruise will be cheap.

Yes, that is a bit disappointing.

Doesn't this put at least TWO (maybe 3) extra ships in the Caribbean compared to what used to be 'normal' between the Connie out of Tampa and the E-class ships?

16 hours ago, edgee said:
16 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Same here. We are on Oct. 15 sailing.

We are on this one, too.  So instead of moving us to Solstice, they moved us to an entirely different cruise location?  Is the expectation that this is a work in progress and it will be updated correctly?  It's worrisome.

Just now, KAE27 said:

We are on this one, too.  So instead of moving us to Solstice, they moved us to an entirely different cruise location?  Is the expectation that this is a work in progress and it will be updated correctly?  It's worrisome.

Definitely a work in progress. Don't change your airline reservations yet. Even though San Juan is a great place to sail from...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Definitely a work in progress. Don't change your airline reservations yet. Even though San Juan is a great place to sail from...

Thanks for the info!  I've sailed from San Juan and agree.  But that's definitely not the itinerary we signed up for!  😁

Yup. We’re showing sailing out of San Juan too. I love that itinerary and sailing out of San Juan, but this time we want the Mexican Riviera. Patiently waiting…..😃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, craig01020 said:

Apparently we're seeing how the sausage is made. I'd prefer it was behind-the-scenes too.

Exactly!  It sent me into a panic.  This is going to be our last-ever reservation held by a travel agent that I'll never work with again due to their messing up two other changes/cancellations I'm still trying to get ironed out, and the prospect of having to try to get this fixed through them made me nauseated.

7 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Yup. We’re showing sailing out of San Juan too. I love that itinerary and sailing out of San Juan, but this time we want the Mexican Riviera. Patiently waiting…..😃

I assume that each reservation has to be moved manually in the system. That can take a while.

34 minutes ago, KAE27 said:

Exactly!  It sent me into a panic.  This is going to be our last-ever reservation held by a travel agent that I'll never work with again due to their messing up two other changes/cancellations I'm still trying to get ironed out, and the prospect of having to try to get this fixed through them made me nauseated.

I think that this is a three part process that simply takes time. First, Celebrity has to cancel ALL of the existing bookings on Solstice to clear inventory. Second, they then have to move everyone over from the Millennium to the Solstice and finally they can then open up the Millie for the new itineraries out of San Juan. I assume that all has to be handled manually. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cruisingator2 said:

I think that this is a three part process that simply takes time. First, Celebrity has to cancel ALL of the existing bookings on Solstice to clear inventory. Second, they then have to move everyone over from the Millennium to the Solstice and finally they can then open up the Millie for the new itineraries out of San Juan. I assume that all has to be handled manually. 

Yeah, but that's now how they're doing it. Instead of moving our reservations from Millennium to Solstice, they changed Millie's itinerary first, before moving us to Solstice, which is why it's causing confusion.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Yeah, but that's now how they're doing it. Instead of moving our reservations from Millennium to Solstice, they changed Millie's itinerary first, before moving us to Solstice, which is why it's causing confusion.

I think the system automatically moved the ship to the new itinerary. Nothing else has changed on my booking other than the itinerary.This will take time to change. 

6 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

I think the system automatically moved the ship to the new itinerary.

Understood, but by visibly "changing" our itinerary, it's just inviting confusion and panic. It's not like they told us what we'd see during the process. This is what they communicated to us: "...we will automatically move your cruise reservation to the Celebrity Solstice Mexican Riviera sailing..."

They left out the word "eventually".

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

Understood, but by visibly "changing" our itinerary, it's just inviting confusion and panic. It's not like they told us what we'd see during the process. This is what they communicated to us: "...we will automatically move your cruise reservation to the Celebrity Solstice Mexican Riviera sailing..."

It’s in the process. I just received five emails showing that our specialty dining had been canceled on the Millie. I looked at my account on Celebrity and the new booking is there. Same type stateroom so they are working on it. 

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

did you expect it to be at the quick snap of the fingers?  I get the "confusion" but "panic"...a bit dramatic

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

did you expect it to be at the quick snap of the fingers?  I get the "confusion" but "panic"...a bit dramatic

You say the nicest things and are very comforting to someone that may be stressed.

Edited by weregoingcruising
added words
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2