Afternoon Tea Time is No More

sanmarcosman

4 hours ago, JimmyTheSaint said:

Is that now a Carnival upsell tactic? Offer rubbish tea and coffee so they can upsell.

We always travel with our own tea bags as Americans and Europeans can't make tea. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

But the steak at Sea Day Brunch still sucks.  Hubby got it on Sunshine.  Ordered it medium and it was served a bloody mess with crinkle cut fries soaked in blood.   That’s all that was on the plate.  It was so disgusting.  He being a man - ate it while I gagged.

Kim

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LUVMYGSDOG said:

But the steak at Sea Day Brunch still sucks.  Hubby got it on Sunshine.  Ordered it medium and it was served a bloody mess with crinkle cut fries soaked in blood.   That’s all that was on the plate.  It was so disgusting.  He being a man - ate it while I gagged.

Kim

What does this have to do with afternoon tea? 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, staceyglow said:

What does this have to do with afternoon tea? 

Nothing.  But read back to the beginning of this thread and it was mentioned Sea Day Brunch steak was bad too.

Does it irritate you that I mentioned it?

Kim

10 minutes ago, LUVMYGSDOG said:

Nothing.  But read back to the beginning of this thread and it was mentioned Sea Day Brunch steak was bad too.

Does it irritate you that I mentioned it?

Kim

Bringing up an unrelated topic in a thread (aka hijacking) is generally considered bad etiquette.

Yes, early in the thread someone talked about tea time then also mentioned Sea Day steak in the same post and a few chimed in about it. Not the best behavior but not the same is devoting a post entirely to an unrelated topic.

No big deal. Happens a lot. Just a question of manners.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, icft said:

Bringing up an unrelated topic in a thread (aka hijacking) is generally considered bad etiquette.

Yes, early in the thread someone talked about tea time then also mentioned Sea Day steak in the same post and a few chimed in about it. Not the best behavior but not the same is devoting a post entirely to an unrelated topic.

No big deal. Happens a lot. Just a question of manners.

Believe me I’d delete my post if I knew how.  Didn’t mean to come across as having bad manners.  I never would have mentioned the stupid steak if someone else hadn’t previously.  Live and learn.

12 minutes ago, LUVMYGSDOG said:

Believe me I’d delete my post if I knew how.  Didn’t mean to come across as having bad manners.  I never would have mentioned the stupid steak if someone else hadn’t previously.  Live and learn.

Don't worry about it. Everyone, and I mean everyone, has done it and sooner or later will do it again. Just wanted to explain the reaction you got.