Afternoon Tea Time is No More

sanmarcosman

We liked going to the Afternoon Tea at least once every cruise. The finger sandwiches were tasty and the wonderful selections of desserts always hit the spot. Hopefully Carnival will be back to full staffing soon and not overextending crew contracts as long as 8 to 10 months and then some of the services we've come to love about Carnival will be revived.

• Like 2

The desserts were always fresh and delicious and the strawberries and scones with English clotted cream being our favorite. The thick clotted cream can be seen in this photo on the top shelf in a oval dish between the two desserts on the left. The scones are on the second shelf on the right. This and the removal of the petite filet mignon on the Sea Day Brunch menu and now the 19 hour a day pizza are sad reminders that Carnival continues to decline.

1tea.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cellfree said:

Oh my, is “steak and eggs” removed from Sea Day Brunch also? Again, just had it on the Pride. 

The steak and eggs is no longer served with the tender and flavorful filet mignon. Now it has that same tough and gristly strip loin steak that is on the every day menu of the MDR dinner menu. It's an inedible piece of meat, really nasty. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, rainbowflag said:

The steak and eggs is no longer served with the tender and flavorful filet mignon. Now it has that same tough and gristly strip loin steak that is on the every day menu of the MDR dinner menu. It's an inedible piece of meat, really nasty. 

Reminds me of Navy Chow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hurricane0226 said:

Reminds me of Navy Chow.

What are you talking about?? Everyone knows Navy chow is the best served food in all the Armed Forces....except maybe the Submarine service. :classic_blink:

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, rainbowflag said:

Yup.  I tried it twice on the last cruise and was disappointed both times.  I certainly miss the filet, it was an excellent cut.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

The Afternoon Tea Time at 3pm with its military table for veterans has been cut fleet wide by Carnival. SAD!

Bummer on the timing...about to board a 16 day repositioning cruise on Spirit with a TON of sea days, and I was really looking forward to Tea Time for some of those sea days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hurricane0226 said:

Not on a Bird Farm CV.

You obviously have some specific deployment reference that is unknown to many people. SOK. It's well known and documented that Navy chow is great, is all I'm saying. 

3 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

The Afternoon Tea Time at 3pm with its military table for veterans has been cut fleet wide by Carnival. SAD!

Are you saying the military table is gone or tea time itself is gone? Source?

Edited by AtSeaWithChris

Yes'm Navy chow is great. I was a guest aboard an aircraft carrier and they had an illuminated McDonalds sign in the mess. Now there is fine dining at sea. 

I wonder what the real reason to eliminate Afternoon Tea, petite filet and blueberry pancakes from sea day brunch, lox & bagels from the deli, 24/7 pizza, top shelf liquor brands, and finally no darn Coke anywhere. Is it due to staffing issues? Could it be the inability of purveyor to supply the necessary qualities/quantities of provisions? Possibly due to changing tastes? Are the bean counters curtailing "normal hospitality" because of a $1.8 billion quarterly loss? 

1 minute ago, jobev1014 said:

I am currently on the Legend and have attended tea time twice this week, on sea days.  Also there was a Veteran's table during tea time. 

No no no ,  it's been confirmed by a post that  it was cut. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, jobev1014 said:

I am currently on the Legend and have attended tea time twice this week, on sea days.  Also there was a Veteran's table during tea time. 

This wouldn't be the first time, nor the last time, that one or two chefs or food managers in the Carnival fleet didn't read the email.