Afternoon Tea Time is No More

sanmarcosman

2 hours ago, jobev1014 said:

I am currently on the Legend and have attended tea time twice this week, on sea days.  Also there was a Veteran's table during tea time. 

Thank you.

I do hope teatime hasn't been discontinued. I am on the Carnival Pride TA on April 24th and had been looking forward to it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rainbowflag said:

The steak and eggs is no longer served with the tender and flavorful filet mignon. Now it has that same tough and gristly strip loin steak that is on the every day menu of the MDR dinner menu. It's an inedible piece of meat, really nasty. 

As someone who takes a lot of the food complaints with a grain of salt, I will say I agree with this new steak. It is of poor quality. I was able to somewhat salvage it with the chimichurri. At least give us a flat iron or sirloin.

Back to the topic, how do we know tea time is completely axed? I just went to it in January. Not to say that it hasn't changed. I just haven't seen that comm yet.

Indeed this is sad news about tea time if it is fleet wide.  Just got off a Princess ship and they basically had tea time everyday in dining room.  They even had some scones, cream, & jam on the lido buffet every afternoon around same time for those that just wanted scones or cookies.  Was looking forward to having them again this November. 🥲

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

The Afternoon Tea Time at 3pm with its military table for veterans has been cut fleet wide by Carnival. SAD!

We were on the Pride January 30th cruise and they had the two veterans teas and the main veteran event In the Comedy Club.

Oh that sucks. I actually did my first tea time on my last cruise a month ago with a friend I finally talked into cruising. I had never had the urge to check it out (not big on tea). But she wanted to go so we did. The snacks were so yummy! And they had a green tea that I was ok with sipping on. Was thinking of trying it with some strawberries cut into it on our next cruise. Sucks I won't be able to!

16 hours ago, Moviela said:

Yes'm Navy chow is great. I was a guest aboard an aircraft carrier and they had an illuminated McDonalds sign in the mess. Now there is fine dining at sea. 

I wonder what the real reason to eliminate Afternoon Tea, petite filet and blueberry pancakes from sea day brunch, lox & bagels from the deli, 24/7 pizza, top shelf liquor brands, and finally no darn Coke anywhere. Is it due to staffing issues? Could it be the inability of purveyor to supply the necessary qualities/quantities of provisions? Possibly due to changing tastes? Are the bean counters curtailing "normal hospitality" because of a $1.8 billion quarterly loss? 

What is this about 24/7 pizza. Is it not 24 hours anymore?

20 hours ago, cellfree said:

In the last ten minutes I learned Carnival no longer is offering Tea Time or serving “the filet mignon steak and eggs” during Sea Day Brunch. Double whamee!

And 19 hour pizza??  What hours did they cut?  Surely not late night!! 

6 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

I have met people at tea time that have become lifelong friends. I will be very disappointed if it goes away.  It’s a wonderful tradition.  

THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED!  Teatime is sacred - and fun and something we always looked forward to on seadays - say it isn't so!!! 😞

• Like 2

John just confirmed that due to 'staff shortages', tea time has been dropped from cruises of less than 7 days. It will continue on extended cruises.

Tea time is popular on board with some of you but because of the continuing staff shortages the whole industry is suffering from ( we hope the US State Department will be able to get back on track issuing Visas for our crew to come to the USA and get on the ships) we have had to stop tea time on cruises of 6 days or less. ... So when you have less staff somethings have to change and I this case it is tea time. We will continue with tea time on 7 day and longer cruises where we can spread the hours out more and where we may have more crew and as soon as possible we will return tea time to the whole fleet again.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Buckimion said:

John just confirmed that due to 'staff shortages', tea time has been dropped from cruises of less than 7 days. It will continue on extended cruises.

Tea time is popular on board with some of you but because of the continuing staff shortages the whole industry is suffering from ( we hope the US State Department will be able to get back on track issuing Visas for our crew to come to the USA and get on the ships) we have had to stop tea time on cruises of 6 days or less. ... So when you have less staff somethings have to change and I this case it is tea time. We will continue with tea time on 7 day and longer cruises where we can spread the hours out more and where we may have more crew and as soon as possible we will return tea time to the whole fleet again.

I asked John that question and this was his response to me.  

• Like 5

I did write on John Heald's FB page about my sadness about the 'disappearance' of teatimes as as noted here is his response - glad to see that this is somewhat 'temporary' and that transatlantics won't be affected!

Hello, well it has been stopped on cruises of six days and less. And it’s because of staff shortages, it’s that simple United States State Department are months behind an issuing fees for crew members in the industry and this means that we have to rotate our crew differently than normal. However on the transatlantic cruises that you mentioned it will still be possible. However there are some ships where we have to let the crew rest before dinner and again this will come back once we have a full complement of crew. I hope you understand, we certainly understand how popular it is and it is our full intention to return this as soon as possible to all the ships. Thanks so much, no need to be sad because you’re going to have the very very best of times

• Like 2