Covid Testing Information

tracie17 - I too ordered the tests for reentry to the US through Princess for our cruise a few weeks ago.  However, I did not need them because Princess offered free testing on the ship for those passengers returning to the US after disembarkation. 

The cabin steward took swabs the morning before the end of our cruise and printed reports were sent

our cabin in the evening.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 3:52 PM, DEL67 said:

tracie17 - I too ordered the tests for reentry to the US through Princess for our cruise a few weeks ago.  However, I did not need them because Princess offered free testing on the ship for those passengers returning to the US after disembarkation. 

The cabin steward took swabs the morning before the end of our cruise and printed reports were sent

our cabin in the evening.

What ship are you on? 

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a testing centre in Gatwick airport , we have a couple hour layover there , so it could a good time to get the test before flying to Copenhagen to get on the Voyager 

Hoping by the end of August RCL will cancel pre booking Covid testing 

21 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Is there a testing centre in Gatwick airport , we have a couple hour layover there , so it could a good time to get the test before flying to Copenhagen to get on the Voyager 

Hoping by the end of August RCL will cancel pre booking Covid testing 

There is an Express Test testing centre on floor 1 in the north terminal.  You can pre book test time online and cost is about 35 Euros I think.  Google COVID testing Gatwick and it should show up. 

• Thanks 1

We just did our rapid antigen test at the Regenerative clinic in the westquay mall in South Hampton. You reserve a time online. Go into the open clean storefront. Quick swab. They email you a very professional results report to use to get on the cruise ship. Highly recommended. Cost 39 pounds each.

2 hours ago, Dancing Mojito said:

We just did our rapid antigen test at the Regenerative clinic in the westquay mall in South Hampton. You reserve a time online. Go into the open clean storefront. Quick swab. They email you a very professional results report to use to get on the cruise ship. Highly recommended. Cost 39 pounds each.

Using them in July. Glad to hear quick and no drama.

• 3 weeks later...

We embark on a Sunday in Southampton.  The earlies we can test is Thursday before.  We are in Southern California, and Thursday is our travel day.  We have tests scheduled for 10 am (our time, 6pm in Southampton)  Do we need to be concerned with the TIME our tests are administered (proctored), or is the bigger concern the DATE? 

On our recent cruise (in April), the embarkation staff, as well as the gate crew at the airport when we were returning home made note, and mentioned the TIME of the test.

I think we should be ok, because of the time difference, Im just wondering if I should reschedule a little later in the day.  We decided to try and do it in the comfort of our own home before we get on the plane.

Any knowledge you have would be appreciated, and direct NCL knowledge would be GREATLY appreciated.

Usually the testing is based on the day the test is done and time has no factor.  So if you tested on Thursday morning you would/could be fine until Saturday at midnight.  That could have changed, but the only tests historically I've heard timing was an issue was the PCR tests.  Pretty much everything now is antigen and works on the calendar day.  Another option would be if you have access to a home test do it for yourself the day you fly.  The test kits we have here in Canada are the same as the proctored pharmacist used for our official test.  You have the comfort of knowing you are negative, mask up on the plane, and have the test done in England.  We flew out of Gatwick (on way home) and there was a testing clinic right in the airport.  Cost 35 pounds per test and had result in about 20 minutes.  Then all you have to do is take train, car, bus, whatever to Southampton terminal.  Not sure if they had testing right at the dock, but if they do suspect it may be more $'s.  Best of luck.

1 hour ago, ALD18 said:

Usually the testing is based on the day the test is done and time has no factor.  So if you tested on Thursday morning you would/could be fine until Saturday at midnight.  That could have changed, but the only tests historically I've heard timing was an issue was the PCR tests.  Pretty much everything now is antigen and works on the calendar day.  Another option would be if you have access to a home test do it for yourself the day you fly.  The test kits we have here in Canada are the same as the proctored pharmacist used for our official test.  You have the comfort of knowing you are negative, mask up on the plane, and have the test done in England.  We flew out of Gatwick (on way home) and there was a testing clinic right in the airport.  Cost 35 pounds per test and had result in about 20 minutes.  Then all you have to do is take train, car, bus, whatever to Southampton terminal.  Not sure if they had testing right at the dock, but if they do suspect it may be more $'s.  Best of luck.

the NCL sail safe page indicates that for non us-embarkation (we embark in Southampton, UK) on Sunday, we can test on Thursday, so it is 72 hours, so as long as it is not time constrained, I think we should be good.

Has anyone recently tested at Lloyd's Pharmacy in Southampton?  We have tests booked with them in August, but someone on our roll call advised they are no longer doing the testing.  They were referring to the Grove Road location specifically, which is where our test is booked.  We have not been advised by Lloyd's that our appointments are cancelled, but I would hate to have to scramble at the last minute!

On 6/27/2022 at 2:06 PM, MrsTocko said:

We embark on a Sunday in Southampton.  The earlies we can test is Thursday before.  We are in Southern California, and Thursday is our travel day.  We have tests scheduled for 10 am (our time, 6pm in Southampton)  Do we need to be concerned with the TIME our tests are administered (proctored), or is the bigger concern the DATE? 

On our recent cruise (in April), the embarkation staff, as well as the gate crew at the airport when we were returning home made note, and mentioned the TIME of the test.

I think we should be ok, because of the time difference, Im just wondering if I should reschedule a little later in the day.  We decided to try and do it in the comfort of our own home before we get on the plane.

Any knowledge you have would be appreciated, and direct NCL knowledge would be GREATLY appreciated.

Anther cruise critic person wrote about 

on point-testing.com

it is 14.99

you use your at home test (we have free from the govt and insurance) and they watch you on line and send an email…

this looks like the best price and is 24x7

if anyone has used them, please respond!

On 4/25/2022 at 6:58 AM, MAVIP said:

Please see spoedtest dot nl  They have 12 locations in Amsterdam. As I do not know wehere you will stay I cannot suggest the nearest location.  Enjoy your stay and your cruise.

Hi!  We are staying at Room Mate Aitana.  are any of these close?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 11:03 PM, paulandjoyce said:

Anther cruise critic person wrote about 

on point-testing.com

it is 14.99

you use your at home test (we have free from the govt and insurance) and they watch you on line and send an email…

this looks like the best price and is 24x7

if anyone has used them, please respond!

We did this… super easy!

I cannot see anything on BA's website that suggests a test is required. Which doesnt surprise me, as the UK does not require a test for entry and hasnt required it for a  long time. Does the reference you've found indicate if a test is being required for entry or simply a company decision that a test is needed before flying? 

Edited by Harters