Are you using CVS for the rapid antigen test

ILOVESHIPS

5 hours ago, LaCal said:

It’s not lying by answering Yes to number one:

The question is Are you seeking a Covid test because of high transmission rates or difficulty maintaining social distancing 

Heck here going to a movie or grocery store fits with not maintaining social distancing lately 

So answering Yes is not scamming the system 

The question is actually "Are you seeking a COVID-19 test because of high transmission rates AND difficulty maintaining recommended social distancing?"

Meaning that today, since transmission rates are low in most areas, you would always need to answer no to that question if you are being truthful.  Even if that were an "OR", you aren't yet on the ship so you can't use that environment as your lack of social distancing: you can't test to see if you will get infected in the future.

Honestly, I could not care less if people lie and get their test for free.  That's between them and their God, (or moral compass or higher power or whatever let them sleep at night).  Me personally, I won't lie about it.  Like I said, I hope the testing requirement is pulled before my sailing in October.  If not, I'll likely order some proctored tests ahead of time and take them the Friday before our Saturday flight to take a Sunday cruise.  If it costs me a few hundred dollars, then that's what it costs.  It will be a small fraction of the total budget for the cruise.  If one of us tests positive, we won't go and I'll call my travel insurance company to start the claims process.  

20 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Oddly we don’t see all the CVS stores in my list. Good luck on your test and have a great cruise. 

Tests done and tested negative. Try putting in 34747 as your zip code and see if you get different cvs locations.

As for their qualifying questions, as long as the cruise lines require pre cruise testing, then both they and the cdc must believe that transmission rates and social distancing limitations are sufficiently high enough to enforce the requirement and that’s good enough science for me to honestly answer that first question yes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Tests done and tested negative. Try putting in 34747 as your zip code and see if you get different cvs locations.

As for their qualifying questions, as long as the cruise lines require pre cruise testing, then both they and the cdc must believe that transmission rates and social distancing limitations are sufficiently high enough to enforce the requirement and that’s good enough science for me to honestly answer that first question yes.

Great news!

thanks, that zip code showed more places close to us, including the one you went to today. Enjoy your cruise!

41 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Great news!

thanks, that zip code showed more places close to us, including the one you went to today. Enjoy your cruise!

Thought it might. We are doing a WINO/Eastern B2B on Harmony leaving on Sunday. It will be interesting to compare these two cruises with the ones we took last August and October.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, orville99 said:

Don’t they question the fact that these appointments are made 2 weeks in advance? Or do you walk-in and say you think you’ve been exposed?

11 hours ago, iuki said:

Don’t they question the fact that these appointments are made 2 weeks in advance? Or do you walk-in and say you think you’ve been exposed?

They don't take walk ins. Everything is by appointment only, and their appointment window is on a two week rolling schedule.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 10:19 AM, rudeney said:

Just another thought...has anyone considered scheduling two tests with 2 days of a cruise?  Given that you have a more than 1 in 100 chance of a "false positive", would you want to have a 2nd test lined up in case of that situation?  Or would you "take no chances" and assume that a positive test means you should stay home?  

For what it is worth, Mrs Ldubs tested positive on an antigen test in our hotel room.  She took another a couple of hours later and tested negative.  Took a third one an official lab and tested negative again.  Yep, three tests in one day.  This wasn't for boarding a cruise.  We were trying to return to the US.