Are you using CVS for the rapid antigen test

ILOVESHIPS

2 hours ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

I have CVS  and they offer  Rapid Antigen test  and you get the results in  1-2 hours. It is now saying

not good for travel.    We used them in March to go on the Navigator.  Has anyone used them lately.

Just watch your reservation. CVSs around the country have slowly discontinued doing rapid test. There are no CVSs around us that are still doing rapid tests.

We have been using the eMed home tests for all of our Royal and NCL cruises. Fast. Easy. Done while sipping coffee at the kitchen table. And our insurance company has been paying 100% of the cost of the tests (even though the federal government only requires them to pay the first $13/kit). 

Edited by BirdTravels

9 hours ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

I have CVS  and they offer  Rapid Antigen test  and you get the results in  1-2 hours. It is now saying

not good for travel.    We used them in March to go on the Navigator.  Has anyone used them lately.

I started traveling again in October of 2021 and I don't ever recall being allowed to use the Rapid Testing; it's always been the PCR test.  I'm on a TA in 2 weeks and literally just booked another set of PCR tests, 20 minutes ago, through CVS again. On our return home from Amsterdam, I'll be using some Emed tests 1 day prior to our departure home.

Went to CVS yesterday for rapid antigen test for our upcoming cruise.  We were taken on time and within 45 minutes notified via text that our results were available.   Very easy and efficient process!

1 hour ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I started traveling again in October of 2021 and I don't ever recall being allowed to use the Rapid Testing; it's always been the PCR test.  I'm on a TA in 2 weeks and literally just booked another set of PCR tests, 20 minutes ago, through CVS again. On our return home from Amsterdam, I'll be using some Emed tests 1 day prior to our departure home.

The rapid antigen test has been acceptable for various cruiselines for many months now.   That is what the emed test kit is too!    

Our first (and only) attempt to use CVS was a bit of a disaster. They canceled our appt. the night before - this after hours of trying to set up a "my chart" account (which some people say is needed and others not). I'll stick with Walgreens drive-through from now on. It was quick and easy. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, volk904 said:

How do get insurance to cover the cost? 

If you have been in crowds, been around people who you’re not sure are infected with COVID, if you have any malady that makes you particularly vulnerable if you contracted COVID, answer about those conditions honestly and you’ll be covered for a free test, at least that’s been true with Walgreens.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rudeney said:

So in other words, lie so that your insurance company and the government pays for your test?

This is the first question. How is answering this question "yes" lying when cruise ships are the CDC poster child for a yes answer:

Capture.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

This is the first question. How is answering this question "yes" lying when cruise ships are the CDC poster child for a yes answer:

Hey now, the CDC dropped the warnings against cruise ship travel so we are all good now.  😝

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, rudeney said:

So in other words, lie so that your insurance company and the government pays for your test?

I don’t know anyone who could not truthfully answer yes to a concern for transmission and lack of social distancing.  I did NOT lie.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The rapid antigen test has been acceptable for various cruiselines for many months now.   That is what the emed test kit is too!    

Thank you; I must have missed that one completely.  Appreciate the info.

On 4/12/2022 at 5:05 AM, luv4cruises said:

I used CVS for 2 previous cruises.  So when the booking window opened at midnight two weeks before my 4/24 cruise I tried making appointments for 4/22.  There were no appointments available in all of San Diego at CVS for the rapid antigen test. 
I tried various times during the weekend- made several calls to no avail. I finally talked to the Health Concierge at my local
CVS yesterday.  She said they are reprogramming the website as they will no longer accept insurance for travel from 4/22 onward because the government is no longer covering those tests. In the future the rapid antigen test will cist 150/pp.  

Luckily my proctored at home Binax Now tests have a 6 month extension on their expiration date.  I ordered more just in case.  Happy testing! 

That is actually not true for any testing past April 22,2022 due to federal funding not being renewed. In the Celebrity cruise form there is a discussion on this. 

11 hours ago, poocher said:

Answer “yes” to the very first question.  Testing will be free.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Capture.JPG

I guess if you are in an area with high transmission rates then you may not be lying.  Where I am, we have very low transmission rates.  Our county has low double-digit positive test rates, less than 3 hospitalizations per week, and currently only 1 ICU bed with a COVID-positive patient.  

25 minutes ago, rudeney said:

I guess if you are in an area with high transmission rates then you may not be lying.  Where I am, we have very low transmission rates.  Our county has low double-digit positive test rates, less than 3 hospitalizations per week, and currently only 1 ICU bed with a COVID-positive patient.  

Try maintaining social distancing on a floating bathtub filled with 5,000 strangers. Apparently you have never cruised. BTW, double digit positive test rates is the definition of high transmission rates. The preferred rate (by the CDC) is less than 5%

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Try maintaining social distancing on a floating bathtub filled with 5,000 strangers. Apparently you have never cruised. BTW, double digit positive test rates is the definition of high transmission rates. The preferred rate (by the CDC) is less than 5%

The question is phrased as AND - not OR.  I may be unable to keep 6 feet from everyone else, but I am not in an area with high transmission rates.  When I said "double digits", I mean TOTAL positive test - not percentage.  My county's 7-day average of total positive test is 43.  I am not sure what that is in terms of percentage of total tests, but in terms of population, it's less than 0.0017%.  So if I answered "yes" to that question, I would be lying.  

Edited by rudeney
spelling

Just another thought...has anyone considered scheduling two tests with 2 days of a cruise?  Given that you have a more than 1 in 100 chance of a "false positive", would you want to have a 2nd test lined up in case of that situation?  Or would you "take no chances" and assume that a positive test means you should stay home?