P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

But you aren't allowed to go to the doctor with covid symptoms- long term you may be right but short term it's all on trust.  

You aren’t supposed to go to the Doctor if you are aware that you have any transmittable disease. Usually done by call / video.

Yes some of it will be on trust and we all know how trusting insurance company’s are😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

You aren’t supposed to go to the Doctor if you are aware that you have any transmittable disease. Usually done by call / video.

Yes some of it will be on trust and we all know how trusting insurance company’s are😀

I had chicken pox when I was 38. No idea it was chicken pox and went to work - it was on my torso.  Felt a bit under the weather but not aware of any contact. Eventually on day 4 saw the doctor and you could have knocked me down with a feather when he diagnosed me.

With covid I knew what the symptoms were so could take precautions but now all testing etc has flown to the wind in living with covid times.

Can't say I'll be happy with my £8,000 Christmas cruise on the horizon if come end of September I'm relying on an insurance company, particularly after my current problems with one.

31 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Probably not exactly the same, as you don't live with the people on your plane for two weeks and in hotels you might have more room to distance in the hotel grounds, and you probably don't all do the same things together during the day - it's less of a closed community 

But that's not really the point I was making. If a person went on three cruises and got infected on two of them, is there a tipping point where they say 'blow that for a lark', and simply don't cruise anymore 

There are also those that just get on with their holidays without worry. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

There are also those that just get on with their holidays without worry. 

Well yes, there will be some who get repeatedly infected but not be bothered about it, until something happens to make them bothered about it 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

As I said to Paul, that's not not really the point I was making.

But, it could easily apply to hotel holidays. If a person did three hotel holidays, and got infected on two of them, would there be a tipping point where they felt the risk of catching covid again would outweigh the pleasure of the holiday. 

Some folk gave up months ago. Some are prepared to carry on.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

CDC in the US have stopped all their monitoring of cases on cruises.

At some point all mandatory testing will stop everywhere.

There are no tests for any other infectious diseases.

I am not saying this is right or wrong - but I think it’s inevitable.

Edited by paulatsea
  • Like 4

Just now, MX-Drew said:

I recall reading recently that Celebrity are no longer testing crew that are joining their ships.

We are on Celebrity at the moment. All staff are wearing masks. No staff shortage here. Great service. Currently sitting on the balcony watching the Norwegian coast drift by, worrying why we are not worried about..........what was it again ?. To those who are worried....good luck to you, your choice.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We are on Celebrity at the moment. All staff are wearing masks. No staff shortage here. Great service. Currently sitting on the balcony watching the Norwegian coast drift by, worrying why we are not worried about..........what was it again ?. To those who are worried....good luck to you, your choice.

At no point did I say I'm worried, I'm off on a Princess cruise on Saturday.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Glad to hear it zap .

16 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

At no point did I say I'm worried, I'm off on a Princess cruise on Saturday.

Sorry, I didn't mean to infer that you were. Some on here have been telling us every bad thing that can happen for the last 30 months.🤣

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to infer that you were. Some on here have been telling us every bad thing that can happen for the last 30 months.🤣

And you have been lucky because most of the 'bad things' have happened!Ask yourself why all the crew are wearing masks. As an after thought, maybe if anyone knows how to do it then they could use the Freedom of Information Act to get the true figures from P&O and find out what is really going on.

Edited by Yorkypete

13 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

And you have been lucky because most of the 'bad things' have happened!Ask yourself why all the crew are wearing masks. As an after thought, maybe if anyone knows how to do it then they could use the Freedom of Information Act to get the true figures from P&O and find out what is really going on.

FoIA does not apply to P&O. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Perhaps P&O will tell you what the figures are on Celebrity. Personally I am not that interested. The crew on Celebrity are wearing masks because they are told to do so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Well yes, there will be some who get repeatedly infected but not be bothered about it, until something happens to make them bothered about it 

But surely that is always the case, none of us are time travellers so we have no idea what the future is going to throw up.

2 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

FoI’s are only applicable to public bodies, which Cruise lines aren’t. The port at Southampton is operated by Associated British Ports, again not a public body, so FOI not applicable there. 

Edited by Snow Hill