Blood Pressure Checks onboard

bohaiboy

In February there were very limited hours for the medical center and you had to make an appointment to visit.   With COVID still so prevalent it would be safer to bring your own portable machine, that way you won’t risk catching COVID by visiting the medical center daily.

• Like 1

Are you sure it's free? On a previous Seabourn cruise (just before Covid), my wife developed a cold and wanted something to help dry up her runny nose. A brief visit to the medical center to inquire if they had anything to help her resulted in an expensive charge. 

I don’t know about a private franchise in the ship’s clinic. No where does Seabourn disclose such an arrangement. And time is money. The nurses have plenty of work to do. Book and pay is how visits are reserved.

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dalliowner said:

so I am sure there would be a charge ,

Maybe times have changed, In the past cruise lines have never charged me to take my temperature or dispose of a used syringes... It seems to me a phone call to Seabourn simply to ask the question would give a more clear answer instead of speculation. If you are still unsure after the call you could always schlep a machine on-board.

1 hour ago, markham said:

The nurses have plenty of work to do.

Thanks markham, as a retired nurse there is lots of work behind the scenes to make the doctors look good.🙂

We have a small BP monitor that doesn't weigh much and my husband will take this. It is a small precaution to carry it with us. 

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 2