Voyager resumes sailing 4/15/22

2 hours ago, little britain said:

It’s certainly wonderful weather in Oslo  today.

Took a tram to the Vigeland sculpture park.  It was only 39NOK E/way ( $4.24) Some interesting poses 🤔 🤭

I never though I would spend the afternoon in the pool in Norway in April! 

Love that sculpture Park,  took the tram the first time but have walked it 3 times there and back,  once by myself and twice with mutual friends , Marylyne and John and Andrew Betts . 😎

Have you tried ordering Whispering Angel yet ??? 

13 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Love that sculpture Park,  took the tram the first time but have walked it 3 times there and back,  once by myself and twice with mutual friends , Marylyne and John and Andrew Betts . 😎

Have you tried ordering Whispering Angel yet ??? 

Whispering Angel flows steadily but it is not covered with C&A vouchers. Vouchers are good for any drinks up to 13$.

3 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Whispering Angel flows steadily but it is not covered with C&A vouchers. Vouchers are good for any drinks up to 13$.

Not according to islandlady and her post in this thread below which I already posted on LB’s thread , plus I never knew they could also be used on the last morning too , I would only be ordering soft drinks, coffee or water if anything.

My moto is if you don’t ask you don’t get so when we get on Anthem in a few short weeks I will be asking 😆. Of course it could all just be down to an amenable bar person of which we have met many on RCI 😉 😉

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, little britain said:

Interesting development; those on b2b apparently don’t now have to do a test on board before 5/1 cruise ? 

That was reported in another thread - apparently it's up to the ship whether to do it or not.

Biker, who thinks Super Mario will like this development.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, little britain said:

They then changed their minds again and were testing only a handful of b2b guests…. No idea what the criteria was to be selected! 

😮, Gordon Bennett,  wish they would get their act together . 

Hi! Going on the next sailing 8/5. can someone onboard give a status on the Internett - i’ve ordered the surf&stream but feeling more about canselling it as long as it work so slow….

23 minutes ago, Abernhar said:

Hi! Going on the next sailing 8/5. can someone onboard give a status on the Internett - i’ve ordered the surf&stream but feeling more about canselling it as long as it work so slow….

You won’t know how it will for your use pattern till you try it - apparently refunds are easy to come by on the ship if not satisfied. 

7 hours ago, Abernhar said:

Surf was terrible.  They gave me 50% refund on first week - however the capacity on the 2nd week was down by 1000 at 1400 and the speed was slightly better, but not much. 

17 hours ago, little britain said:

Surf was terrible.  They gave me 50% refund on first week - however the capacity on the 2nd week was down by 1000 at 1400 and the speed was slightly better, but not much. 

Ok, thanxs! Think i will cansel and use my mobile as long as we are close to land. 

On 5/1/2022 at 6:12 PM, heatherb1958 said:

😮, Gordon Bennett,  wish they would get their act together . 

Hello,

I think they've got their act together perfectly. After all, they are performing a Brian Rix farce aren't they?

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I think they've got their act together perfectly. After all, they are performing a Brian Rix farce aren't they?

Regards,

Cublet

Let’s hope no one is caught with their pants down ! 😆 😂.

Can’t believe I am old enough to remember Brian Rix  😱 😝

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Let’s hope no one is caught with their pants down ! 😆 😂.

Can’t believe I am old enough to remember Brian Rix  😱 😝

Hello,

If someone's pants are down, from where are they taking the swab??

Now here's another thing. The muppets in Miami have issued a list of requirements for the Covid Test Report. They have suggested a couple of testing organisations, none of which are in the UK. Some brave soul asked if Royal could recommend someone in the UK to perform tests to Royal's specification or if a test from Lloyds Pharmacy would be OK and was told they, Royal, would not recommend anyone in the UK but if it met the specifications then Lloyds would be OK.

Many people, me included, have booked a test with Lloyds. I sent the report specifications to Lloyds and they have just said they could NOT meet them but pointed me in the direction of an outfit called MASTA. Lloyds has over 1,500 branches but there are only 40 branches of MASTA in the UK - some of which (22) are in Lloyds.

I'm going to take a deep breath and be brave and do nothing different to what I have planned. I would put good money in assuming that the individual at Southampton will check the name of the testing company for 'respectability' (Cublet's Covid Testing Company would probably fail, Lloyds Pharmacy would pass) , the date of the test and look for the word 'Negative' against the test result and job done. A poster somewhere on these boards has reported that people were stopped as their report did not have the passenger's 'Date Of Birth' even though that is not a Royal requirement - they hand wrote the DOB and after a discussion with a supervisor were allowed to pass.

Something exactly like this happened to me with MSC and insurance - but this post is long enough already.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cublet said:

A poster somewhere on these boards has reported that people were stopped as their report did not have the passenger's 'Date Of Birth' even though that is not a Royal requirement - they hand wrote the DOB and after a discussion with a supervisor were allowed to pass.

One needs to be very careful in relying on one-off somewhat suspect second hand reporting.