Flying in on Day of Cruise

Nashto

On 12/1/2022 at 10:17 PM, ldubs said:

Well, that is true.  No thing is impossible if the "thing" can be arbitrarily changed  to something that is possible.  Me, I would take the cruise I want and the same day flight that makes it possible. 

Is part of what makes it “…the cruise I want…” the thrill of perhaps missing it?   The more I want something, the more likely it is that I will plan things so as to not miss it because of a delayed flight.

13 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Is part of what makes it “…the cruise I want…” the thrill of perhaps missing it?   The more I want something, the more likely it is that I will plan things so as to not miss it because of a delayed flight.

Come on now.   The cruise I want is typically itinerary and price.  For the OP, add available vacation days.    

22 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

And, along with ability to pay the fare is the availability of vacation days to enjoy the cruise.

You seem kind of obsessed with this.  Thanks for the tips, but I've been enjoying cruises and travel in general for a very long time.  All within whatever budget or time constraints might apply.   

• 1 year later...
On 4/16/2022 at 10:42 AM, Nashto said:

My parents plan to fly into Boston for their cruise on the day of. They're plans lands at 1:30. They sail away is 5:30. Do you think I should encourage them to change their flight?

Absolutely!!  As a 30 year Operations Manager with a major airline, I can't beg you enough to

GO A DAY EARLY!!!   

It's not just if weather in Boston is OK. Weather or a problem in another city can delay or cancel their flight.    ATC is stressed, aircraft and crew schedules complicated, relying on nationwide schedule connections.  Equipment malfunctions, passenger misbehavior delays, cancellations and  the complexity of normal operations can severely impact  the crowded system.  Go early, have a quiet dinner at the hotel.  Save yourself and those trying to help you the stress of missing our cruise..  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, nickysmom said:

Absolutely!!  As a 30 year Operations Manager with a major airline, I can't beg you enough to

GO A DAY EARLY!!! 

Although you're certainly correct, you're responding to a question asked almost two years ago and I'm pretty sure the cruise in question was taken a long time ago.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

Although you're certainly correct, you're responding to a question asked almost two years ago and I'm pretty sure the cruise in question was taken a long time ago.

Didn't catch that....but still important--maybe it will be of service for some of our newbies--or those like me, who just review older ideas before a cruise.

• Thanks 1