My Diamond latitude pin would serve better as the Sapphire pin (pic)

fstuff1

• fstuff1 changed the title to My Diamond latitude pin would serve better as the Sapphire pin (pic)

Been cruising NCL since Nov 1986 and am Platinum. First time I ave seen those pins. 

The reason the Sap background is black is because...............

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Been cruising NCL since Nov 1986 and am Platinum. First time I ave seen those pins. 

Same here.  I've never received a pin and I also never get those elusive "upgrade" emails (although the offers do show up in my online account).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Oxo said:

The pins just started around the beginning of this year.  I got one when I went to request my OBC in February for the missing Platinum perks. I think they are nice but not something I would actually wear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Oxo said:

Been cruising NCL since Nov 1986 and am Platinum. First time I have seen those pins. 

Same here... we were on the Pearl in February and didn't get anything. I'll see if there's a magic present left for us next month when we sail. I won't bother specifically seeking them out, but if the magic pin fairy delivers them to us I guess we can put them on our luggage or something...

I think they are new. I had to ask at the cruise next desk for my platinum pin when we were on the Getaway last month. I was there anyways to sign up for two cruise next certificates. l will get a sapphire pin after my next trip. I can't tell you right now where I put my platinum pin, but it will make me smile when I come across it. Just like the few ship pins do when I get around to dusting the dresser that they are sitting on. I only have pins from Dawn, Breakaway, and Escape. They are a reminder of fun times that I have had with my husband. What I wish they would bring back is the little box of Godiva chocolates that they used to leave you. It was only four pieces, but it was yummy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I think they are new. I had to ask at the cruise next desk for my platinum pin when we were on the Getaway last month. I was there anyways to sign up for two cruise next certificates. l will get a sapphire pin after my next trip. I can't tell you right now where I put my platinum pin, but it will make me smile when I come across it. Just like the few ship pins do when I get around to dusting the dresser that they are sitting on. I only have pins from Dawn, Breakaway, and Escape. They are a reminder of fun times that I have had with my husband. What I wish they would bring back is the little box of Godiva chocolates that they used to leave you. It was only four pieces, but it was yummy.

If you go back a little further it was 8 pieces.

• Like 2

When I went to the Cruise Next desk last February on the Gem, they said they didn't have any pins available (we're Diamond).  He said that we could get them on our next cruise and we'd have to stop by the Cruise Next desk to ask for them.  

Years ago, they would attach the pins to the latitude perks package they left in the room, but they haven't done that in quite awhile.

If you want the pins, it looks like you'll have to go to the desk and ask for them.

Platinum should have been a polished silver grey - - -

Sapphire should have been a lustrous blue - - -

Diamond should have been encrusted with a big diamond rock or a cluster of small stones ---

Ambassador - nothing shown to comment ?

Bronze - a dull brassy color

Silver - or course why not sterling silver

Gold - faux gold plate 

So to secure your level of Latitude pin you check with the Next Cruise people on board ?

Wished NCL would bring back the ship pins (even if they are plastic) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Platinum should have been a polished silver grey - - -

Sapphire should have been a lustrous blue - - -

Diamond should have been encrusted with a big diamond rock or a cluster of small stones ---

Ambassador - nothing shown to comment ?

Bronze - a dull brassy color

Silver - or course why not sterling silver

Gold - faux gold plate 

So to secure your level of Latitude pin you check with the Next Cruise people on board ?

Wished NCL would bring back the ship pins (even if they are plastic) 

Ncl should have switched the colors of the Sapphire and diamond pins.

Blue background for sapphire and the black background would look better for Diamond.

That makes more sense to me.

First of all @fstuff1 the background colour on the Sapphire pin is dark blue, not black.

Last month on Joy we went to Cruise Next desk to enquire about the cocktail party, dinner with officers, behind the scenes tour, blah blah ... these weren't available on our sailing, so we got $50 OBC. Next ... pins ... we got the Sapphire pins ... asked if they could give us pins for previous tiers .... yes ....

03B53881-C295-4474-948A-CCF87861036F.thumb.jpeg.815859d135e942297c3d4327e066b8a4.jpeg

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

First of all @fstuff1 the background colour on the Sapphire pin is dark blue, not black.

Last month on Joy we went to Cruise Next desk to enquire about the cocktail party, dinner with officers, behind the scenes tour, blah blah ... these weren't available on our sailing, so we got $50 OBC. Next ... pins ... we got the Sapphire pins ... asked if they could give us pins for previous tiers .... yes ....

03B53881-C295-4474-948A-CCF87861036F.thumb.jpeg.815859d135e942297c3d4327e066b8a4.jpeg

What are you going to do with all of those?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

What are you going to do with all of those?

Now I'm going to intentionally seek them out next month. I'm sure us 🐀's can find some creative ways to be obnoxious about them as we flaunt our 'super important to no one but us' medallions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Sorry mate but it looks black to me (and to the CruiseNext staff).

And yes about the $50obc.

Edited by fstuff1

Events are starting to return so don't think the OBC will stay much longer. Going on Escape next week and they are already running most of the special events canceled during covid.  On Gem last week we had a latitudes party but on previous leg no party so returning these perks is coming ship by ship.

What we post here today could be different tomorrow.  They really want to return to the Latitudes benefits as any OBC gets very costly very quickly!  

The only thing I heard might stay away a little longer is the Behind the Scenes.  Will see if Escape is offering that one or not yet but Gem didn't last week nor Breakaway last fall.

I didn't even think about the color of my Diamond pin!!  I didn't see the other levels' pins.    Had no idea these type of loyalty pins even existed as it's brand new but the CN team first thing said to every guest, "Let me get you your pin."  They had them in the office right behind them and would go get your proper level pin.  

They did discontinue (at least on Gem) the bottle of champagne.  I asked the CN Manager and she said it was taken out.

Will be seeing on Escape if they run this new Wine Mixology new perk for Diamond and Ambassador.

• Like 2