Celebrity changed vaccinated status to 270 days, unless boosted at least 14 days prior to departure for All sailings.

runningtide

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Last vaccination shot means second shot. If boostered there is no “expiration “

I don't see how your comment could be correct. The Germany site clearly said you need a vaccination shot more than 14 days and fewer than 270 days before entry to Germany. The site does not mention boosters, just the last vaccination shot.  If boosters do not count then virtually no one would qualify since my guess is that almost no one got their second shot less than 270 days ago. By the way, none of the vaccinations "expires", the reason to get a booster is to increase your immune response not because your initial vaccination expires. 

Edited by p18750

Posts like this just add unnecessary panic to a situation that people already make hugely complicated. 

There is a difference between Up to Date and Fully Vaccinated. The preference is you are Up to Date (i.e. boosted) but you don’t have to be. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, runningtide said:

Just received Ready to Board alert for May Equinox ABC cruise. It reads “ To be considered up to date, guest must have received all doses in their vaccine series and their booster if the second vaccine dose was administered over 270 days ago. Boosters are highly recommended “

As I read this if you were fully vaccinated , say March 2021 like myself, you’ll need a booster 14 days or more before departure. This change could have some real challenges for guest who were not boosted. BTW, I am boosted, but my girl friend is not…..but looks like she’ll have to,schedule a shot quickly .

She does not need the booster to board celebrity.  Lots of info out there about there, far more accurate and reliable than all of our opinions here on CC.  Do your homework other than here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

I’m confident this is an IT issue in the app. This same wording is now on the app for our April 24 sailing (when you go to the check in section) on the Equinox to the Caribbean as well, and people don’t have 14 days to get their booster. This is the wording being used for the Europe sailings and there is no corresponding change in the rest of the wording for our cruise to differentiate between fully vaccinated and up to date in relation to testing requirements, et .  There also has not been a corresponding change to the US sailings requirements on the website. 

Remember the mobile app and the desktop app are not the same!  The mobile app is updated maybe monthly.

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

She does not need the booster to board celebrity.  Lots of info out there about there, far more accurate and reliable than all of our opinions here on CC.  Do your homework other than here

Is it possible that Celebrity is considering 

not requiring a Covid test for up to date guests but retaining the test requirement for those only fully vaccinated? Doesn’t make much sense to me, but who knows.

4 minutes ago, marienbad said:

Is it possible that Celebrity is considering 

not requiring a Covid test for up to date guests but retaining the test requirement for those only fully vaccinated? Doesn’t make much sense to me, but who knows.

In the US if you are vaccinated (1 of J&J,2 of the others) you are fully vaccinated.   No difference booster or not.

Boosters to my knowledge not required anywhere here in the US

The requirement of a booster would be because of rules of other ports or countries such as several in the Caribbean and Europe.

Those rules change often and some like the US requiring testing via air, but not for those arriving via a ship or driving.

I am going to contact my TA on Monday.  My app says I am cleared for my vaccinations, no booster.  That is what I will go on.  The web site is horrible and seems to always have inconsistencies.  This is getting old.  You should not be allowed to frighten people this way.  It makes folks go crazy trying to figure this out.  Armchair experts always step in and attempt to explain when no one knows the correct answer.  For me, I will go by my app. for now.  I won't have time to figure out the 270 days and get the darn booster.  Does that mean Celebrity will cancel my cruise?  If they do I will simply NEVER sail them again after over 30 years.  I may be only 1 but I bet there are millions of others who are sick and tired of this crap.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Good luck with that, mine told me to keep checking the Celebrity web site.

I think the snag with checking with a Travel Agent is that they often have less idea than you do….Alternatively they have a set quote from their Head Office that they still adhere to that is weeks out of date…

If you are lucky enough to have a caring, knowledgeable TA then their advice and support can be valuable but if you get one who simply wants the initial booking then doesn’t expect to offer any further service then if you are offered advice you still need to check yourself.

6 hours ago, PatC said:

I am going to contact my TA on Monday.  My app says I am cleared for my vaccinations, no booster.  That is what I will go on.  The web site is horrible and seems to always have inconsistencies.  This is getting old.  You should not be allowed to frighten people this way.  It makes folks go crazy trying to figure this out.  Armchair experts always step in and attempt to explain when no one knows the correct answer.  For me, I will go by my app. for now.  I won't have time to figure out the 270 days and get the darn booster.  Does that mean Celebrity will cancel my cruise?  If they do I will simply NEVER sail them again after over 30 years.  I may be only 1 but I bet there are millions of others who are sick and tired of this crap.

You do know that these aren’t Celebrity rules, but rules of the country, correct? Where are you sailing from?

I know the rules of my country, and they are not rules, they are mandates from a government.  I have lived all my life in the USA, I am 76 years old.  I am sailing from the USA port back to the USA port.  Celebrity keeps changing and mucking up the information they put out every day.  Many of us have no more time left to get the booster.  Too much information that makes no sense keeps being repeated everywhere.  It has got to stop.  We have money tied up in these trips and it's just not right.  Sorry for the rant but this has got to stop.  Celebrity is not the company I have sailed with for over 30 years.  I don't care if it's RCI or whoever, it is not fair to those who continue to be loyal and those who are new that disinformation or confusing statements are continually being put out and their customer service is a joke.  We all agree on that point.  It is not good business to get 5 different answers from 5 different reps.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, PatC said:

I know the rules of my country, and they are not rules, they are mandates from a government.  I have lived all my life in the USA, I am 76 years old.  I am sailing from the USA port back to the USA port.  Celebrity keeps changing and mucking up the information they put out every day.  Many of us have no more time left to get the booster.  Too much information that makes no sense keeps being repeated everywhere.  It has got to stop.  We have money tied up in these trips and it's just not right.  Sorry for the rant but this has got to stop.  Celebrity is not the company I have sailed with for over 30 years.  I don't care if it's RCI or whoever, it is not fair to those who continue to be loyal and those who are new that disinformation or confusing statements are continually being put out and their customer service is a joke.  We all agree on that point.  It is not good business to get 5 different answers from 5 different reps.  

A lot of the disinformation and confusing statements are from misinterpretations by posters here and not by Celebrity.   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

A lot of the disinformation and confusing statements are from misinterpretations by posters here and not by Celebrity.   

You don't even need to read past this thread's title to see this happening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve attached pictures of the wording from my warning in the App (that I get when I go to the check in area) for the Equinox on April 24 to the Carribean. Vaccinated and up to date people have the same testing requirement. Nothing says you have to be up to date to board.

F969F077-098B-4F3A-8C43-EC0AED49DD29.jpeg

539B64F0-7A86-41E9-91CF-00CADC72C8EB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, p18750 said:

I don't see how your comment could be correct. The Germany site clearly said you need a vaccination shot more than 14 days and fewer than 270 days before entry to Germany. The site does not mention boosters, just the last vaccination shot.  If boosters do not count then virtually no one would qualify since my guess is that almost no one got their second shot less than 270 days ago. By the way, none of the vaccinations "expires", the reason to get a booster is to increase your immune response not because your initial vaccination expires. 

I can't find any reference to "270 days" on Germany's site. https://www.germany.info/us-en/covid-19/2321562

2 hours ago, Mark_K said:

It reminds me of my mother in her later years. She would read the disclaimers in the fine print and freak out. Some posters are creating stress out of nothing. 

• Like 2