Drink package

MomC

Try as I might, I can’t find anything about what the drink package contains.  I read there are two types of packages with an up-charge for the more upscale package.  I am sure that is not what is in the package offered.  What Alcohol?  Wine at dinner?  Drinks by the pool?  Drinks ordered in your cabin?  Thank you for enlightening me!

scroll down to Beverage Packages

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value#value-packages

House Select is basically  wine by the glass & beer with lunch & dinner

Prestige is wine by the glass & most other alcohol   some exceptions are top Cognacs & scotch  anytime 

..just ask if your favourite  is included before you order

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MomC said:

Try as I might, I can’t find anything about what the drink package contains.  I read there are two types of packages with an up-charge for the more upscale package.  I am sure that is not what is in the package offered.  What Alcohol?  Wine at dinner?  Drinks by the pool?  Drinks ordered in your cabin?  Thank you for enlightening me!

You could search here on CC- asked and answered a zillion times.

in any case, like everything else, O is not a nickel/diming mass market line.

The House Select is the basic package you can choose as your O Life perk (normally sells for $40/person/day retail). If you select it for O Life, it’s $20/person to upgrade to Prestige (or buy it retail for $60/person/day and use O Life for excursions perk (please search on CC for O Life questions - all have been asked/answered ma any many times over).

House select is beer and wines by the glass at meals from a small menu of offerings (IMO, mediocre).

With the exception of some very top level single malt scotches and cognacs, Prestige is any spirit at any time bar/restaurant service is available - no limit. But, the wine is still by the glass from the same limited list. 
Gratuity is included in the package price.

So, if you prefer spirits, hate “well swill,” know good booze and like doubles better than those teeny one ounce pours, Prestige may be good for you. Wine fan? Bring your own (as much as you want for in cabin consumption though you can take your wine to restaurants and/or public spaces for a $25 per bottle corkage fee that also includes gratuity.

O’s personal booze policy is quite generous. So, don’t be among the rare few who disregard the policy and carry a glass of personal wine outside the cabin to avoid the corkage fee. What cheapskates! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

House select is beer and wines by the glass at meals from a small menu of offerings (IMO, mediocre).

Does it cover beer and wine only when ordered in one of the dining rooms, or can it be used during dining hours at Waves or The Terrace Cafe (but I'm not sure if wine is available at either place...)?

Edited by PSR

5 hours ago, PSR said:

Does it cover beer and wine only when ordered in one of the dining rooms, or can it be used during dining hours at Waves or The Terrace Cafe (but I'm not sure if wine is available at either place...)?

Bar service available for all dining venues. Basic booze package gets you beer and/or wine by the glass from a limited menu during the venue operating hours (e.g., 12-2 for lunch at Terrace).

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Bar service available for all dining venues. Basic booze package gets you beer and/or wine by the glass from a limited menu during the venue operating hours (e.g., 12-2 for lunch at Terrace).

....that is operating hours for lunch and dinner.

We always have the prestige package.

Is it good value ?
I couldn’t really answer that ?

We are not drinkers however we enjoy variety. Buck’s Fizz for breakfast, Prosecco or beer maybe a glass of wine at lunch. Cocktails before dinner, wine with ( not the greatest I will admit … usually stick to bubbles ) After dinner drinks ….sometimes. These are all covered. Try a cocktail ….yuk … order something different. This is possible on the Prestige and is the reason we have it.
Basically convenience.

Reading these boards makes me think I should add up our average day however wouldn’t want to drink for the sake of a few Pounds so I don’t. 
Hope this helps you decide.

2 hours ago, welshfamily said:

We are not drinkers however we enjoy variety. Buck’s Fizz for breakfast, Prosecco or beer maybe a glass of wine at lunch. Cocktails before dinner, wine with ( not the greatest I will admit … usually stick to bubbles ) After dinner drinks ….sometimes.

…………. You are doing very well at upholding the Welsh tradition! 🍻 

4 hours ago, welshfamily said:

Is it good value ?

We are not drinkers however we enjoy variety. Buck’s Fizz for breakfast, Prosecco or beer maybe a glass of wine at lunch. Cocktails before dinner, wine with ( not the greatest I will admit … usually stick to bubbles ) After dinner drinks ….sometimes. These are all covered. Try a cocktail ….yuk … order something different. This is possible on the Prestige and is the reason we have it.
Basically convenience.

Reading these boards makes me think I should add up our average day however wouldn’t want to drink for the sake of a few Pounds so I don’t. 

I think you are getting  good value from the package 

A few glasses of bubbly a day & you  will at least break even then add the cocktails  you are quids in 😉

We have two O cruises booked in the coming year. We are newbies to O and do like a drink so hopefully can get it right for us.

A short caribbean cruise where we have taken the beverage package as a perk and will upgrade to the prestige. Not really fussed with excursions on this and usually arrange my own anyway..

A long South American cruise. I would not drink alcohol in the amounts I would enjoy on a 9 night caribbean trip. I would return with liver failure. Plan to buy decent wine in Chile to drink a glass or two at dinner (with the corkage), and purchase Botanist gin at duty free for a glass when dressing for dinner. Happy to pay bar prices for the beers & spirits, and enjoy happy hour etc. I have already booked private tours (and saved $$) and the OBC will offset the drinks. .... perhaps!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Happy to pay bar prices for the beers & spirits, and enjoy happy hour etc. I have already booked private tours (and saved $$) and the OBC will offset the drinks. .... perhaps!

Two things to remember

- gratuity is included in drink packages and corkage - 20% gratuity is added to every bar drink and glass of wine

- the OBC is equal to the amount you pay for OLife so you are giving them your money to hold and it is non-refundable if unused. If neither the drink package or excursions appeal to you, then you are better to ask your TA to not sign you up for OLife and that portion will not be charged

• Like 1

Let me make sure I understand correctly what you have said about the basic drink package:  all it includes is beer or wine with lunch or dinner?  No mixed drinks in the bars?  No pina coladas by the pool.  We are not big drinkers but Ido enjoy a drink or two in the bar before dinner.  Also when laying by the pool, I enjoy a soft drink or one of the drinks with an umbrella.  So I will have to upgrade to the prestige package?  Are any of the above in the regular package?

Prestige: Johnny Walker Red OK. Black OK. Blue not covered

Some cognacs (quite decent) covered. Top ones N/A

Same with other spirits. Altogether a very nice selection.

While you can "do the math" and decide that way, it is very convent to just get it when you want and pretty much what you want.

Also if you get up to Silver Level Oceania Club (10+ cruise credits) it's 10% off.

Yes you can bring wine bottles onboard with you, but how much will you lift/take in your luggage? Hope you never have one break in there!

I just checked my confirmation and our Perk is the ‘ultimate select drink package.’  Is that the upgraded one?  Sorry to be so picky about this but we usually sail Regent or Seabourn and all liquor is included at any time.  Except for real pricy liquores.

23 minutes ago, MomC said:

Also when laying by the pool, I enjoy a soft drink or one of the drinks with an umbrella.  

Soft drinks and  “virgin” cocktails are free of charge to every passenger\

As far as the value to you….. 
Beer and wine at lunch and dinner - $40 pp per day per day includes gratuity

Prestige drink package - $60 pp per day includes gratuity

You have to decide.

As far as “ultimate select drink package” - This is not usual Oceania terminology so I would pin down my TA to find out what it means and who is providing it. Perhaps someone else knows.

1 hour ago, MomC said:

I just checked my confirmation and our Perk is the ‘ultimate select drink package.’  Is that the upgraded one?  Sorry to be so picky about this but we usually sail Regent or Seabourn and all liquor is included at any time.  Except for real pricy liquores.

According to the T&Cs for the Ultimate Olife offer on O's web site, the Ultimate Drink Package is the basic Select Package, not the upgraded Prestige Package, and includes beer and wine by the glass in lunch and dinner in the lunch and dinner venues, only.

So alcoholic drinks, beer, or wine in the bars or at the pool or in your stateroom are not included.

You can find the T&Cs for the Ultimate sale at the end of the list of the cruises that are included in the Ultimate OLife.

So when O refers to the "ultimate select drink package", the emphasis is on the "select."

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MomC said:

Let me make sure I understand correctly what you have said about the basic drink package:  all it includes is beer or wine with lunch or dinner?  No mixed drinks in the bars?  No pina coladas by the pool.  We are not big drinkers but Ido enjoy a drink or two in the bar before dinner.  Also when laying by the pool, I enjoy a soft drink or one of the drinks with an umbrella.  So I will have to upgrade to the prestige package?  Are any of the above in the regular package?

The House select is Champagne, Wine by the glass (on menu) & beer  with lunch AND Dinner ONLY

Sodas are no charge at anytime

You can just buy a drink  by the pool  (pay as you drink)  no need to upgrade

You can always see how much you drink in the first few days  then see if it is worth upgrading to the Prestige Package

T & C at bottom of page

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/olife-ultimate/

OLife Ultimate beverage package amenity is House Select.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WB57 said:

Hello - am a Oceania newbie.  Are you allowed to bring on hard liquor bottles as well - or only wine?

Thank you.

Yes  for consumption in your cabin

Bottles of wine may be taken to the dining venues  a corkage fee will be charged per bottle  ($25)

54 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

You can always see how much you drink in the first few days  then see if it is worth upgrading to the Prestige Package

That's a good idea. We have the basic package and usually only drink alcohol at dinner and later, so only about one cocktail, one wine at dinner, and 1 or 2 drinks after dinner. From reading this forum, it appears most normal cocktails are about $11- $13 with tip, so the $20 upgrade to the Prestige package would probably be worthwhile, but we could check it out for a day or two, since Oceania allows you to upgrade at any time, as far as I can tell.

6 minutes ago, PSR said:

That's a good idea. We have the basic package and usually only drink alcohol at dinner and later, so only about one cocktail, one wine at dinner, and 1 or 2 drinks after dinner. From reading this forum, it appears most normal cocktails are about $11- $13 with tip, so the $20 upgrade to the Prestige package would probably be worthwhile, but we could check it out for a day or two, since Oceania allows you to upgrade at any time, as far as I can tell.

yes  you can upgrade later in the cruise  if you want

There is always Happy Hour  5-6pm  with 2 for 1 drinks  & again about 10:30 pm

There is  a price list  on the Preisman blog

https://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_21_menus.htm

You can do the math & do what works best for you

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, welshfamily said:

Is it good value ?

Basically convenience.

Cocktail - yuk?

We need to talk!

Next time you’re on board,  ask the bartender (nicely) to make you a Margarita (double) with Reposado Tequila (El Tesoro if they still have it), fresh squeezed lime juice ( not that citrus mixer they use for everything) and Cointreau (not cheap triple sec). And if they have any agave syrup, ask for some if you want it any sweeter. BTW, this could be an expensive drink except it is included in the Prestige Package.

As an alternative, try a “true” Sidecar with 2 parts Hennessy VSOP cognac and 1 part each of Cointreau and fresh lemon juice (again NO citrus mixer- they’ll use fresh lemon if you ask nicely).

I trust that, if you try “true” cocktails made with good booze and fresh fruit juices (where needed), you won’t be saying “yuk” to cocktails anymore.

• Like 1

I've noticed more than one thread with confusion on the drink package that comes with the Ultimate sale. Since I have two of the cruises booked here is the wording used on the invoice. 

Olife Ultimate House Select Beverage Package

US $(whatever your amount is) Olife Ultimate Shipboard Credit

Olife Ultimate # Free Shorex (Guest 1 & 2)

The Ultimate sale is that you get all 3 of the Olife choices instead of the usual 1. 

As others have explained this is wine & beer at lunch and dinner. 

On Oceania any drink without alcohol is no charge. 

Bring on whatever you want, don't flaunt it, drink it in your room. No issues. 

• Like 2