Sunbathing on Vision

15 minutes ago, Shone216 said:

Wondering where the quieter areas of the ship are for sunbathing

11 minutes ago, Coralc said:

There will still likely be 2 formal nights, night 2 and night 5 or 6. How formal you wish to dress is entirely up to you. :classic_smile: Have a great cruise. 

Can you only sunbath on formal nights

• Haha 5

The pool area on deck 9 will typically have more activity and noise so any loungers in and around the pool deck 9 and one deck above on 10 near the pool will have more noise.

Moving aft the sides of the ship have loungers on deck 10 that won't hear the pool area noise.  Fully aft is the rock climbing wall on deck 10 which isn't noisy but could have some sounds.

Fully forward on deck 10 are loungers that are also less influenced by pool area noise.  There is a small raised area forward on deck 10 that will have less noise. 

All public areas will have other people and they may be talking or laughing so if your goal is to be away from any other human a balcony cabin will be the solution.  

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

There will still likely be 2 formal nights, night 2 and night 5 or 6. How formal you wish to dress is entirely up to you. :classic_smile: Have a great cruise. 

4 hours ago, sowhat said:

Agreed, weird answer. Hate to have everyone watching as I put down my towel in the middle of the dining room as I put on suntan lotion.  Probably no chair hogs there though. 🙂

• Haha 4

Just now, Another_Critic said:

For some reason, the gates to that area are/were bolted shut on Enchantment.

Enchantment has a jump zone in the area I'm thinking.  A bungee trampoline activity.  On Vision this area is loungers.  Deck 10 forward above Windjammer. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Enchantment has a jump zone in the area I'm thinking.  A bungee trampoline activity.  On Vision this area is loungers.  Deck 10 forward above Windjammer. 

I was wondering where the [now removed] bungee was located.

Yeah, I've been in that area on Vision and Grandeur.

Just now, Jimbo said:

Probably getting rid of them since that accident back in February 2019 on Mariner of the Seas.

That was a SkyPad and they are still adding those (Odyssey has one). 

Enchantment had a different setup.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

That was a SkyPad and they are still adding those (Odyssey has one). 

Enchantment had a different setup.  

Thought they were the same idea, strap you  in and jump around on a trampoline.

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Thought they were the same idea, strap you  in and jump around on a trampoline.

Enchantment's has been around for a while, no accidents that are widely known.  Predates SkyPad, no VR component, just jumping around.

7 hours ago, sowhat said:

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Agreed, weird answer. Hate to have everyone watching as I put down my towel in the middle of the dining room as I put on suntan lotion.  Probably no chair hogs there though. 🙂

I think it’s pretty clear the post was made in error….I intended creating a separate post for the sunbed  question….thanks for all the helpful replies guys

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Probably getting rid of them since that accident back in February 2019 on Mariner of the Seas.

Enchantment had the trampoline all the way till about a week before she started sailing in December. The sport staff said they had planned to use them, then removed them with no notice at the last minute. Probably a combination of lack of staff and RCI simplifying their life (and cutting costs). 

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Question was edited/changed after I answered. :classic_rolleyes::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1