The Daily for Sunday 04/17/2022

richwmn

12 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Easter Daily, Rich and Happy Easter or Passover to all who celebrate either.  I don't think I've ever actually seen South Pacific but it has great songs.  I don't expect today to be Blah, Blah, Blah.  I haven't played kickball since perhaps elementary school.  Been to Rarotonga twice, both on Crystal.  interesting Salinger quote.  Actually planning Baked Ham tonight.  My alternative is Orange and Grapefruit Medley, Chilled Blueberry Soup and Penne Primavera as served on MS Amsterdam April 17, 2014.  Pleased to hear @kazu has one negative test already but wish the weather there was better.  @grapau27 enjoy your final sea day.

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui
Sea Viewer DH recovering from heart attack and reluctant to take care of himself
Lady Hudson SIL in rehab after stroke
Gracie with possible stroke
Hartgrove older sister entering hospice
Durangoscots new leaky shelter roof
From the rotation:
Ukraine
Jen slow recovery from fall
Welfare of furloughed crews
Mr Boston’s sister with shingles

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Ramadan, Easter, and Passover converging
Rotterdam,

rdameaster.thumb.JPG.efc5c7e1eb29ac6f7dfcc391db0f43f2.JPG

Nieuw Statendam,

ndameaster.thumb.JPG.4d9f4676b0ef80e4ab7824e7f3aef8d4.JPG

and Noordam in Everglades

nseaster.thumb.JPG.b2e9756326090df4426b4213f8f67a87.JPG

Volendam housing refugees
Noordam in service April rather than May
6 BHB with guests
Happy Birthday JAM37
Lady Hudson visiting SIL
lazey1 BIL good surgery outcome
msmayor, her daughter, and her great bosses
ottahand7 DB almost ready for rehab discharge
Bon Voyage  sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam 4/17 to 5/8)
Cruzin Terri (Nautica 4/11 to 5 /5) at sea
Kazu’s at Easter Dinner with friends
Welcome home Heartgrove DW and DSIL
Dismomx5 on grandchild watch
Norseh2o on family  celebration
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for the lists and your best wishes Roy.

Just got back from Blankenberge to the ship in Zeebrugge.

We bought a bag full of Belgian chocolate €40.

Graham.

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

A BIG SCARE!!!

As some of you may have surmised, I haven’t been feeling well since we were in Barcelona.  We skipped a number of things we were going to do, because I had a fatigue I just could not shake.

On Wednesday we stopped in Arecife in the island of Lanzarote.  That volcanic lava really did a job on my throat and in the wee hours of the morning I started to feel like my throat was very dry but not sore.   A few sneezes, but nothing to write home about.  I sneeze a lot anyway.  

Last night I took an At Home COVID test and it showed positive.  This morning I took another with the same results.

We had breakfast in the room and then I called the medical center and reported my sore throat.  They came and did a PCR, took my temp and BP.  Temp was 101.4, BP was high, but I was negative for COVID.  

I guess the PCR is more accurate and I will go with that.

Please say a prayer I get rid of this fever and start feeling better.  I am staying in my cabin for the next few days.  

Jim is fine.  Has no symptoms.  So we will see where this goes.  i have instructions to see the medical staff if I feel worse.

Happy Easter everyone,.

Terri

• Like 19
  • Thanks 14

Happy Easter.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Fireside Coco:

Ingredients
1 part Jim Beam® Kentucky Fire™
3 parts Hot Chocolate
Garnish with Marshmallows
Garnish with Cinnamon Stick

Instructions
Build in a heat proof mug. Garnish with marshmallows and cinnamon sticks.

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 8.32.59 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

It is very hot and sunny on our balcony at the back of the ship.

A photo of a lovely church in Blankenberge Belgium

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Interesting days and quote.

Ham especially in Debbie's @dfish photos looks delicious.

Never been to today's port so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Wishing everyone the most perfect Easter Sunday.

Graham.

IMG_20220417_115647.jpg

16501989228598054340846981113766.jpg

• Like 25

Happy Easter morning friends!  And a good day to those celebrating Passover and Ramadan.  It's a gloriously sunny morning but they predicted a cloudy morning and rain starting at 3 pm.  Hope they're wrong!  @kazuJacqui I hope your weather forecasters are wrong and you have nice weather too as you go to visit your friends later.  I'm sure your second test will be negative as well.  Prayers for you and Jose.🙏

Thank you @richwmnfor today's Daily.  How exciting there are three BHB's in Port Everglades today, even if one has no passengers yet.  Thanks @rafinmdRoy for the screenshots of the ships and also the Care and Celebration lists.  No news on Gracie this morning since she spent the night at the ER and DD is probably going to church now so don't want to interfere with those plans.  Her DH and DS were baptized last night and are new members of the church.  A very big Easter for them.  Prayers have been said for Ukraine, our Care list, Jen, Buddy and Gracie.  Happy Birthday wishes to Julia @JAM37!  And early happy birthday wishes to Mrs. @sailingdutchyMartha tomorrow.  Hope you and Tony have a fabulous cruise!  @kazuJacqui I forgot to say thanks for the great memes today.  The two chocolate bunnies have been a favorite of mine for a couple years now.  Hilarious!  The baked ham for today looks delicious!  I'll have Debbie's serving if she doesn't mind.  

As for blah, blah, blah day that sounds like a lot of chatter to me.  Dames are fine with me, and I haven't played kickball since I was a kid.  It was very popular on our school playground.  

Rarotonga, Cook Islands is a nice port of the day.  We last had it March 26, 2021 and here is what I posted then.

We stopped in today's port of Rarotonga, Cook Islands in 2017 on the Maasdam.  That was the cruise my birthday was celebrated onboard two days in a row.  What fun that was!

We didn't schedule a tour here but heard from the destination expert that you could take a bus ride around the island quite easily and decided to do that.  

Being greeted upon arrival. enhance

Beautiful hillside views from our port town of Avatiu.enhance

Views from the bus along the route.enhance

enhance

enhance

Near the end of the bus tour. enhance

enhance

Back in town off the bus, we could browse all the goodies for sale at the market.enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Then we walked past the Catholic church.enhance

enhance

enhance

Heading back to the tender to the ship.enhance

I wish we were all there right now.enhance

enhance

• Like 25
  • Thanks 11

5 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

A BIG SCARE!!!

As some of you may have surmised, I haven’t been feeling well since we were in Barcelona.  We skipped a number of things we were going to do, because I had a fatigue I just could not shake.

On Wednesday we stopped in Arecife in the island of Lanzarote.  That volcanic lava really did a job on my throat and in the wee hours of the morning I started to feel like my throat was very dry but not sore.   A few sneezes, but nothing to write home about.  I sneeze a lot anyway.  

Last night I took an At Home COVID test and it showed positive.  This morning I took another with the same results.

We had breakfast in the room and then I called the medical center and reported my sore throat.  They came and did a PCR, took my temp and BP.  Temp was 101.4, BP was high, but I was negative for COVID.  

Please say a prayer I get rid of this fever and start feeling better.  I am staying in my cabin for the next few days.  

Jim is fine.  Has no symptoms.  So we will see where this goes.  i have instructions to see the medical staff if I feel worse.

Happy Easter everyone,.

Terri

Terri, that really is a big scare!  And how confusing for you with the positive home tests followed by the negative PCR test.  You did the right thing to call Medical, and staying in your room for a few days is a good idea too.  I hope the fever goes away and you begin to feel better.  Hope Jim doesn't start feeling unwell too.  Take care of yourself.🙏

• Like 21

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Happy Easter! 

Love the songs from South Pacific as well as the movie. We used to play kickball in elementary school. It will be a quiet day, but not a blah one and I won't hear blah blah blah. 

The quote is interesting. Love baked ham and it is very unusual that I won't be making one on Easter Sunday.

This will be a very different Easter and birthday for me, but life is good. So many of you have already brightened my day with birthday wishes and I am so thankful for each of you here on the Daily.

@kazu Jacqui, praying your second test and your friends' tests are negative and that you enjoy being in their company later today.

@sailingdutchy Tony, Bon Voyage!

@grapau27 Graham, thank you for today's sermon. Happy birthday to Pauline's mam. The picture of them is a precious keepsake.

Wishing everyone a very blessed Easter, Passover or Ramadan. 

Have a spectacular Sunday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cat in my lap said:

Happy Easter! Ramadan! And Passover!  May there be peace on earth!

We are still in Joplin!  Big gathering of relatives from all over yesterday  to celebrate Uncle’s 100th birthday!  

Happy 100th birthday to your uncle.

Screenshot_20211024_211944.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is very hot and sunny on our balcony at the back of the ship.

A photo of a lovely church in Blankenberge Belgium

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Interesting days and quote.

Ham especially in Debbie's @dfish photos looks delicious.

Never been to today's port so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Wishing everyone the most perfect Easter Sunday.

Graham.

IMG_20220417_115647.jpg

16501989228598054340846981113766.jpg

Beautiful photo of the church in Belgium.  I love that part of the world.

Also I want to thank you for the sermon today.  It was lovely hearing your reverend speaking on this Easter morning.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Happy Easter morning friends!  And a good day to those celebrating Passover and Ramadan.  It's a gloriously sunny morning but they predicted a cloudy morning and rain starting at 3 pm.  Hope they're wrong!  @kazuJacqui I hope your weather forecasters are wrong and you have nice weather too as you go to visit your friends later.  I'm sure your second test will be negative as well.  Prayers for you and Jose.🙏

Thank you @richwmnfor today's Daily.  How exciting there are three BHB's in Port Everglades today, even if one has no passengers yet.  Thanks @rafinmdRoy for the screenshots of the ships and also the Care and Celebration lists.  No news on Gracie this morning since she spent the night at the ER and DD is probably going to church now so don't want to interfere with those plans.  Her DH and DS were baptized last night and are new members of the church.  A very big Easter for them.  Prayers have been said for Ukraine, our Care list, Jen, Buddy and Gracie.  Happy Birthday wishes to Julia @JAM37!  And early happy birthday wishes to Mrs. @sailingdutchyMartha tomorrow.  Hope you and Tony have a fabulous cruise!  @kazuJacqui I forgot to say thanks for the great memes today.  The two chocolate bunnies have been a favorite of mine for a couple years now.  Hilarious!  The baked ham for today looks delicious!  I'll have Debbie's serving if she doesn't mind.  

As for blah, blah, blah day that sounds like a lot of chatter to me.  Dames are fine with me, and I haven't played kickball since I was a kid.  It was very popular on our school playground.  

Rarotonga, Cook Islands is a nice port of the day.  We last had it March 26, 2021 and here is what I posted then.

We stopped in today's port of Rarotonga, Cook Islands in 2017 on the Maasdam.  That was the cruise my birthday was celebrated onboard two days in a row.  What fun that was!

We didn't schedule a tour here but heard from the destination expert that you could take a bus ride around the island quite easily and decided to do that.  

Being greeted upon arrival. enhance

Beautiful hillside views from our port town of Avatiu.enhance

Views from the bus along the route.enhance

enhance

enhance

Near the end of the bus tour. enhance

enhance

Back in town off the bus, we could browse all the goodies for sale at the market.enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Then we walked past the Catholic church.enhance

enhance

enhance

Heading back to the tender to the ship.enhance

I wish we were all there right now.enhance

enhance

Fabulous photos thanks Sandi.

Graham

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Happy Easter to all who celebrate. It is a chilly but sunny day here.I will celebrate all of the days but like @dfish,no ham here.

We are hoping for an uneventful  day and a good friend of Tana's  is coming to visit.I insisted on covid tests and I think she was a little upset but she will get over it.We cannot take any chances and the local cases are rising.

Dinner tonight is spinach and mushroom lasagna,garlic bread and salad.

Enjoy the day everyone!

• Like 26

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

Beautiful photo of the church in Belgium.  I love that part of the world.

Also I want to thank you for the sermon today.  It was lovely hearing your reverend speaking on this Easter morning.

You are very welcome.

I quickly posted without my reading glasses on and posted Good Fridays message  as well as today's Easter sermon.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!   Happy Easter, Happy Passover, and Happy Ramadan - what a time of joy for 3 spiritual communities!!   Nothing like a dame - that sure harkens back to images of black & white movies for me.  I'm pretty sure blah blah blah day is frequent around here, as I will often tell DH "I told you that the other day", to which his reply is "Did you, I guess I wasn't listening."  LOL  Will pass on kickball day.

Today's quote is good; sometimes it would be nice to have an author as a neighbour just to see what goes on in their daily lives.  I've actually sent letters to a couple and have received replies, including one comic creator - Lynn Johnston, the creator of For Better or For Worse that appears in our daily newspaper.  She replied to my letter and actually sent me a few messages, which was very thoughtful of her.

@JAM37wishing you a very Happy Birthday with many returns of the day!

@StLouisCruisers wishing Gracie the best, hoping she gets better soon.

@kazuglad test #1 was good for you and that #2 is the same; enjoy the time spent with your friends today.

@Cruzin Terrioh yikes!  That is a scare for you - glad the PCR test showed a negative result and hope it's just a cold, nothing more.

I like today's menu suggestion, but I'll be bringing a small ham with us to bake in Calgary next week, so DH and I picked up a turkey breast that I'll cook up for the 2 of us today.  Turkey, mashed potatoes, a whole bunch of stuffing (I'll bring leftovers with us), air fried asparagus, and a small salad will be our Easter feast today.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Ukraine and all who are providing assistance.   Extra as well for our Daily family with health issues and other struggles.   We'll clink the glasses together to celebrate those on the growing happy list.  Be safe, get your boosters, wear your masks when you need to, wash your hands, and stay well.

Happy Easter to all.

284530888_ThreeDays.jpg.ba561e86586ff2884883131942cfeab9.jpg

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Happy Easter to all who celebrate.  Small dinner here with my twin and her family.  Our two adult kids went with us to see DSIL yesterday and we had a big dinner after the visit at a nice restaurant.  That will serve as our Easter get together.

DSIL was very glad to see us but, I won’t in to detail, there has been some memory loss.  But she seems happy and the facility was very nice.  Her care seems to be excellent.  It’s a three hour drive each way so very tiring for DH.  Our son did the driving yesterday.  We plan to make another visit soon.  Katherine 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Happy Easter to everyone.   An interesting group of days that I cannot even think of a comment.  Salinger's quote is interesting and since I read so much non-fiction I would relish the opportunity to talk to the authors.    

I handled a lot of ham yesterday.   We are getting ready to leave for our cabin in the UP in a month so it is time to begin emptying the freezers.  A piece of ham and some ham hocks turned into pea soup.  It was really flavorful and there is lots for another day.   I will wait on the drink, the wine sounds great but too pricy for me though I love Rhone wines.    I have never been to the Cook Islands. 

Prayers for all on Roy's care list and for the people of Ukraine.   This war is beginning to hurt the people in Africa too - most of the grain that people consume there comes from Ukraine and Russia.  A friend is a missionary in Liberia and they wanted to start a chicken feed business for the citizens to earn a living.   The price of corn has doubled already so that project will not go forward.  🙏

Have a blessed Easter and please disregard my map quote.   I dragged it in somehow and cannot delete it.   🙄

fourteen finches 419.jpg

• Like 25

20 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Happy Easter! 

Love the songs from South Pacific as well as the movie. We used to play kickball in elementary school. It will be a quiet day, but not a blah one and I won't hear blah blah blah. 

The quote is interesting. Love baked ham and it is very unusual that I won't be making one on Easter Sunday.

This will be a very different Easter and birthday for me, but life is good. So many of you have already brightened my day with birthday wishes and I am so thankful for each of you here on the Daily.

@kazu Jacqui, praying your second test and your friends' tests are negative and that you enjoy being in their company later today.

@sailingdutchy Tony, Bon Voyage!

@grapau27 Graham, thank you for today's sermon. Happy birthday to Pauline's mam. The picture of them is a precious keepsake.

Wishing everyone a very blessed Easter, Passover or Ramadan. 

Have a spectacular Sunday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

Thank you so much for your kind words Julia.

Ruth is badly missed especially by Pauline and her brother.

Wishing you a wonderful birthday too.

Graham

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

A BIG SCARE!!!

Happy Easter everyone,.

Terri

Sending you a big prayer🙏 Terri.

It is good news that you tested negative but understandably worrying if your temp and BP was high.

Very best wishes for a quick recovery so you can enjoy your cruise around the Spanish Canary Islands.

Graham.

• Like 14

@StLouisCruisers Sandi what a difference 40 miles makes...locked in the fog in Stone Mountain.  No sun this morning.  

I am wearing my bunny ears, and put together a candy platter for DH, includes one Dollar Tree blue bunny , and his two favorite candies- Butterfingers and Reese's peanut butter eggs.  And NOW I throw out the remaining Easter candy from last year.  

DH and I cruised over Easter years ago, so I bought the bunny ears, and gave out candy to all of the staff we ran into that day.  Two years ago, we put on the bunny ears and went for a long walk in the bird sanctuary at the park.  With the two new strains of "C" and people in this area ignoring science, I doubt if we go anywhere today.

No ham for us today, we are going to split a small steak,  mushrooms, potatoes O'Brian (roasted with onions and peppers) and a small salad.

@Cruzin Terri Stay safe, and I hope you feel better soon.  You might have an infection and maybe they have some antibiotics in the infirmary?  Test again.  and get better!

To my Daily family, no matter what Holiday you are celebrating today, may it be joyful and filled with love.

• Like 21