Suite GTY

Good Morning!!

We are booked in Suite GTY (JS) on our upcoming sailing on Adventure OTS. I have been looking at the stateroom availability via RCCL website and it looks like JS staterooms (most suites) are filling up fast. We also have bids in place with RoyalUP for GS/GS2/OS. I have never cruised with at GTY before, how does it work? Will they sell all the JS and move us up a category? Will they skip awarding us the JS if we are awarded at RoyalUP anyway?  

9 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you win a RoyalUp bid, that is all the room assignment you will need or get.

What you get is pretty much a crap shoot, and has so many variables that it's unpredictable at this point.

I get that with the RoyalUp but what about the suite GTY? I booked a suite GTY and curious if they accommodate us first with staterooms or if we are back filled. We are 58 days out from sailing so still plenty of time to assign a cabin, however, I do not want to be told I will not receive at least a JS when that is what I booked into at GTY with. 

I booked a JS GTY for upcoming Mariner 8 night.  Booked at under 4 weeks out.  I had no choice as that was all that was offered for a JS.  The one lone GS was 3 times the money (not to mention being the dreaded connecting cabin).   

Was assigned a really bad cabin on the aft on deck 7.   Almost totally obstructed back there with super structure, worst ones on 7.   Had them toss me back into the GTY pool, later that day saw a mid ship JS pop up for sale.  Called and ask to be assigned that one...which I was.  

I am happy now.  🙂 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, mandyleighflies said:

I get that with the RoyalUp but what about the suite GTY? I booked a suite GTY and curious if they accommodate us first with staterooms or if we are back filled. We are 58 days out from sailing so still plenty of time to assign a cabin, however, I do not want to be told I will not receive at least a JS when that is what I booked into at GTY with. 

We booked a Grand Suite guaranty back in January for a May cruise and got our cabin 33 days out. There were no suites available on the website from the day we booked until the day we received our assignment. You'll probably be OK.

They often have inventory that isn't shown on the website.  The public website is not a good method to evaluate what you think you might get.  Pretty good chance you'll get a JS but it could be an accessible JS cabin that are sometimes not shown as available to keep them available for guests that warrant an accessible cabin.  If no guests asks for an accessible suite they often go to WS GTY at the last minute.   

1 hour ago, mandyleighflies said:

Good Morning!!

We are booked in Suite GTY (JS) on our upcoming sailing on Adventure OTS. I have been looking at the stateroom availability via RCCL website and it looks like JS staterooms (most suites) are filling up fast. We also have bids in place with RoyalUP for GS/GS2/OS. I have never cruised with at GTY before, how does it work? Will they sell all the JS and move us up a category? Will they skip awarding us the JS if we are awarded at RoyalUP anyway?  

There's really no way to predict how it will unfold.  You will certainly get a Suite GTY as you already paid for that.  When it gets assigned is unpredictable.  They would PROBABLY give you your suite assignment before processing upgrades into that same level, but maybe not if they feel there are enough cabin assignments "in motion" due to the upgrade request process.   In other words, they may first move people out of JS into the upper levels via upgrades to free up a JS for you.

I would feel quite certain that they would first move people up into the GS/GS2/OS that have already paid more for their current JS than you did at a GTY price -- i.e. reward those that have paid more in total.  But again, no one outside the company knows all of the factors used in awarding upgrades.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

I just went through this and it’s nerve wracking.   I had a SUite Guarantee and a Royal up in for a grand suite. 

At 45 days out I was able to print the boarding pass and do the decode the bar code thing.  

I liked what I saw and I was nervous that it would change.      It was a grand suite assignment.  

As I got closer to 30 days I kept watching the bar code and the number stayed the same. 

At about 32 days I cancelled the Royal Up.  I did not want to risk being assigned a grand suite and then paying another 1k to upgrade to a grand suite.  

At 30 days - I was assigned my cabin.   It was the cabin that I had been seeing in the bar code decode.  

I was watching availability all along.   This sailing only had Suite Guarantees - there was nothing like a JS Guarantee or a Grand Suite guarantee so it was hard to watch with that precision.  

Good luck to you!

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I booked a JS GTY for upcoming Mariner 8 night.  Booked at under 4 weeks out.  I had no choice as that was all that was offered for a JS.  The one lone GS was 3 times the money (not to mention being the dreaded connecting cabin).   

Was assigned a really bad cabin on the aft on deck 7.   Almost totally obstructed back there with super structure, worst ones on 7.   Had them toss me back into the GTY pool, later that day saw a mid ship JS pop up for sale.  Called and ask to be assigned that one...which I was.  

I am happy now.  🙂 

Different strokes for different folks. I love those aft JS cabins.  The superstructure does not bother me even one teeny tiny little bit.  🙂 

42 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Different strokes for different folks. I love those aft JS cabins.  The superstructure does not bother me even one teeny tiny little bit.  🙂 

Had friends who had one...gave us a tour...not my "cup of tea".    The one they tried to assign me was on deck 7...guessing one of the worst decks for trying to figure out if there is any water out there?  Really big "plate" going out...plus much more vibration closer to the props.  

But indeed...happy folks like you love those...saves mid ship for me.  😄 

Now...on Radiance series...Oh yeah...9256 baby!!  

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2022 at 12:35 PM, MichFish said:

I just went through this and it’s nerve wracking.   I had a SUite Guarantee and a Royal up in for a grand suite. 

At 45 days out I was able to print the boarding pass and do the decode the bar code thing.  

Can you explain the "decode bar code thing"? Just booked our first GTY (GS GTY on the Wonder), though we wanted an OS - they were gone. Now to research this whole "Royal Up" concept too!

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Can you explain the "decode bar code thing"?

That won't work till you get your SetSail pass after check in, which only happens at 45 days out. Use a barcode decoder (or put your SetSail pass into your Apple wallet) and the barcode should decode to <your booking number> - <cabin #> or - <GTY>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1