Liberty of the Seas Cabin Question

AF-1

I am looking to book a promenade cabin on LOS.  Which deck do you recommend, 6, 7, or 8?  and is it better in the middle or towards the end of the promenade?  Thanks for any answers you can give.  Cheers 

I like deck 6 though my ta says deck 7 to avoid the noise. I like mid to aft closer to walk to elevator as WJ and Mdr are in the aft. Access to ice show aft etc. 

I've been over the cafe and across from it. I preferred across from cafe to see what's going on. On top of cafe nothing much to see. This is a non connecting promenade over the cafe. Not exciting view. I prefer deck 6 because I only have to run down one deck to get to promenade. 

I'd never book deck 8 on purpose. I'd be doing the elevator all the time. I'm lazy. One deck above for me. Maybe depends on your age but for sure I'm not doing 2 or 3 decks of stairs. 

20220327_135801.jpg

I think it will depend on what benefit you want. 

8th - probably a little less noise and only 3 floors up to WJ if you like ding stairs.

7th - a little noisier but only 2 levels up from the promenade.

6th - probably a lot more noise. 1 level up from the promenade and 2 up from the 4th floor of the Platinum Theater so you can walk up later.

Last 2 cruises we were on the 10th floor in an inside cabin and we liked being higher. With the lower passenger count, getting an elevator hasn't been that bad. 

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I like deck 6 though my ta says deck 7 to avoid the noise. I like mid to aft closer to walk to elevator as WJ and Mdr are in the aft. Access to ice show aft etc. 

I've been over the cafe and across from it. I preferred across from cafe to see what's going on. On top of cafe nothing much to see. This is a non connecting promenade over the cafe. Not exciting view. I prefer deck 6 because I only have to run down one deck to get to promenade. 

I'd never book deck 8 on purpose. I'd be doing the elevator all the time. I'm lazy. One deck above for me. Maybe depends on your age but for sure I'm not doing 2 or 3 decks of stairs. 

20220327_135801.jpg

Thank you very much for your feedback.  This helps with my choice of cabins.  Happy Easter

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingerwoppy said:

8th - probably a little less noise and only 3 floors up to WJ if you like ding stairs.

6th - probably a lot more noise. 1 level up from the promenade and 2 up from the 4th floor of the Platinum Theater so you can walk up later.

Last 2 cruises we were on the 10th floor in an inside cabin and we liked being higher. With the lower passenger count, getting an elevator hasn't been that bad. 

Thanks for the great feedback.  This helps me a lot. Cheers and Happy Easter

1 minute ago, Jingerwoppy said:

Have you done a promenade lately? What noise. All the parades and captain's night hasnt restarted. I heard no noise on deck 6 . Twice since restart..

The people warning about noise usually havent done a pr since restart. Maybe if you were directly over a bar, but I heard no noise.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Have you done a promenade lately? What noise. All the parades and captain's night hasnt restarted. I heard no noise on deck 6 . Twice since restart..

The people warning about noise usually havent done a pr since restart. Maybe if you were directly over a bar, but I heard no noise.

There is not as much noise but there is still noise. And we don't know when the partying will start again. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Thank you for your feedback.  Did you like your promenade cabin?

For the price I liked it.

I had a corner aft the week before and tbh it was a little bit of a come down. The pillows were not light and fluffy in the pr cabin. Higher end cabins get bigger pillows that are fluffier. I wouldnt have minded if i didnt have nicer the week before. They even changed out the pillows half way thru and i commented and the steward said yes higher end cabins get bigger fluffier pillows.

Whatever the pillows were stuffed with packed down when you slept on them. Just not as nice but a lot more convenient than walking clear to the aft. Very convenient location. 

12 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Thank you for your feedback.  Did you like your promenade cabin?

For the price I liked it.

I had a corner aft the week before and tbh it was a little bit of a come down. The pillows were not light and fluffy in the pr cabin. Higher end cabins get bigger pillows that are fluffier. I wouldnt have minded if i didnt have nicer the week before. They even changed out the pillows half way thru and i commented and the steward said yes higher end cabins get bigger fluffier pillows.

Whatever the pillows were stuffed with packed down when you slept on them. Just not as nice but a lot more convenient than walking clear to the aft. Very convenient location. 

I've stayed on the liberty twice in a promenade room. My $0.02 is you want the 6th floor. In the 6th you can see most of the path below you. 7th I think you may not be able to see directly under yourself, and 8th the windows are tilted but I image it would be difficult. 

6th facing Sorrento's was great. I'd be over one of the ends if possible on the 6th floor. 

I never had any issue with noise and loved it. I had only stayed in balconies before the promenade view and I won't be back if I can help it. They are great for people watching and seeing what is going on down there without having to leave your room. We watched the parades and it was a lot of fun. 

Again, my $0.02 and I can't wait for an oasis class ship to come so I can try one of those promenade rooms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Also, when we were promenade on the 6th floor on the liberty it was in 2015-2016. There were parades and stuff then and noise wasn't a problem. They don't even do that stuff late if it really did bother you. Unless you're the princess from princess and the pea and you go to bed at 5pm I don't think anyone would have a problem.

13 hours ago, EntropyGuardian said:

I've stayed on the liberty twice in a promenade room. My $0.02 is you want the 6th floor. In the 6th you can see most of the path below you. 7th I think you may not be able to see directly under yourself, and 8th the windows are tilted but I image it would be difficult. 

6th facing Sorrento's was great. I'd be over one of the ends if possible on the 6th floor. 

I never had any issue with noise and loved it. I had only stayed in balconies before the promenade view and I won't be back if I can help it. They are great for people watching and seeing what is going on down there without having to leave your room. We watched the parades and it was a lot of fun. 

Again, my $0.02 and I can't wait for an oasis class ship to come so I can try one of those promenade rooms.

great feedback.  I appreciate it.   Cheers

I've never stayed in a cabin overlooking the promenade so I can't give you my experience, but I will give you my input. The only reason I would stay in one of those cabins is because I am a people watcher. For that reason, I would want to be on deck 6 or 7 so I could see people better. And... I would want to be across from a popular venue so I could see people coming and going. If I ever decided to stay in a cabin overlooking the promenade, it would be on deck 6 or 7 across from either the Hoof & Claw or the Cafe Promenade.

2 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I've never stayed in a cabin overlooking the promenade so I can't give you my experience, but I will give you my input. The only reason I would stay in one of those cabins is because I am a people watcher. For that reason, I would want to be on deck 6 or 7 so I could see people better. And... I would want to be across from a popular venue so I could see people coming and going. If I ever decided to stay in a cabin overlooking the promenade, it would be on deck 6 or 7 across from either the Hoof & Claw or the Cafe Promenade.

Thank you for your feedback.  Have a great day