Covid isolation cabins on S line ships

the penguins

Passengers with Covid on SilhouetteTransatlsntic are being isolated on Deck 3 in Ocean View cabins. Passengers have been told by the Hotel Director/Captain that the ship is not permitted to use balcony cabins for isolation purposes. Is this true on any other S line ships? What cabins are they using? Please respond with facts ideally cabin type, deck and sailing date and not hearsay. Thanks.

Hello,

On Silhouette in July and August 2021, deck 7 forward of the forward lifts was closed for isolation.

However I cannot tell you if that was isolation of the staff or us paying punters. But those were different times of course.

Regards,

Cublet

2 hours ago, iandjm said:

They used deck 6 balcony cabins for isolation on Silhouette for the 2021 U.K. season.  

True. Now they say they they have to use Deck 3 and sea view cabins only. What we are interested  to establish is:

1) are all S line ships following this rule.

Or 

2) is it only on Silhouette.

A lot of future passengers are already unhappy about the prospects of  being confined to a sea view cabin. It will make some passengers very reluctant to come forward for testing.

26 minutes ago, the penguins said:

True. Now they say they they have to use Deck 3 and sea view cabins only. What we are interested  to establish is:

1) are all S line ships following this rule.

Or 

2) is it only on Silhouette.

A lot of future passengers are already unhappy about the prospects of  being confined to a sea view cabin. It will make some passengers very reluctant to come forward for testing.

And what if someone who cannot handle being locked in the cabin for what upto 2 weeks? What if they throw themselves off their balcony? What Celeb's exposure gonna be on that?

As for not coming forward? Prepare to be jumped on for testing if you show signs and maybe grassed up even?

I do a daily dummy booking, hoping that prices have gone down. If Celebrity choose the cabin, then it a cabin on deck 6.

Last Year it wasn’t possible to book Deck 6, for the Staycations.

I suspect that more staff have been taken on for the TA and they are accommodating them on deck 6.

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I do a daily dummy booking, hoping that prices have gone down. If Celebrity choose the cabin, then it a cabin on deck 6.

I suspect that more staff have been taken on for the TA and they are accommodating them on deck 6.

I was also assuming that there will be a staff change after the TA so the deck 6 cabins are needed to isolate new crew

There doesn't seem to be a clear answer and asking Celebrity is probably going to get you different answers.  I agree it is going to have less people coming forward.  Even with people coming forward, they could have been contagious for days.   Probably best to go to worse case scenario...there will be people walking around with Covid and if you get it, come forward and test positive you will be in a oceanview cabin.  If the thought of that causes you anxiety, I wouldn't cruise at this time.  

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

You are correct that deck 6 is being used for crew who are not ill but isolating before starting work.

The current issue is that the Hotel Director/Captain  have said that they are not now permitted to use balcony cabins for isolation only OV cabins - supposedly this is due to the air-conditioning and possible cross contamination. What we are endeavouring to find out is if this is a fleet wide  ruling for S line ships or just Silhouettes interpretation of the rules. You can follow the whole debate on jetblues excellent daily reviews on Covid from Silhouette.