Sanctum Spa no longer a suite perk

mappyuk

I'm going to offer an alternative view whilst acknowledging that the way it's been done is very poor and if I was a guest already booked in a CC Suite I could be very miffed.  I'm actually ok with it and am booked in a CC Suite for two cruises in June.  The way I look at it is I will pay fora pass with the copious amount of OBC Azamara have given me and enjoy a likely quieter experience.  On too many cruises the area has been mobbed. I expressed my concern here with the extra. CC cabins on the Onward deck plan. Looks like they've sorted that issue!

As I said, I do understand that some will not like the change and guessing that nobody will like the way this has come out.  I just hope they don't sell too many passes  it does seem to be a revenue judgment. Covid has nothing to do with it. Just an excuse and if I can just rant for one moment I am sick of the covid excuses. Celebrity temporarily stopped their top Zenith loyalty members from having access to the private lounge because  they said it was covid related, but don't worry. It will come back. Guess what? They've just announced it will be permanent.  So no Retreat Lounge for me unless I pony up for a suite. That's really annoyed me because I took this right up the line here in the UK a few months ago and was assured it was temporary. It was a nice escape from piped music that permeates Celebrity these days. Rant over. 

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Are we sure they are going to sell passes though?  They weren't selling them last week

It's speculation, but that was pre announcement I guess?  I've never had an issue getting a pass if I'm not in a suite, but go to the spa straight away to make sure. If it's only top suites and treatments the place will be dead. If they can get people to pay for it with a pass I'm sure they will. 

Phil 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So disappointed to hear this. We are finally getting a suite, and looked forward to using this area of the ship we have never been in. We never bought a pass as we felt it spoiled the exclusivity for those entitled to use it. 🤷‍♀️  Oh well.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tiggertom said:

So disappointed to hear this. We are finally getting a suite, and looked forward to using this area of the ship we have never been in. We never bought a pass as we felt it spoiled the exclusivity for those entitled to use it. 🤷‍♀️  Oh well.

I wouldn't be disappointed  really - I  have had use of this area on the Quest  on my past sailings as it has always been included in my fare.  At my last sailing there were only 7 usable sun loungers and a day bed.   The small pool wasn't working correctly.  Some of the day there isn't much sun on the deck due  to the height of the ship and the position of the sun and the size of the deck.   Out of five sailings I have only ever been asked once if I would like a cool beverage.  I certainly would not pay for a pass for the privilege of using this  very tiny private deck.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, suttonrunner said:

I wouldn't be disappointed  really - I  have had use of this area on the Quest  on my past sailings as it has always been included in my fare.  At my last sailing there were only 7 usable sun loungers and a day bed.   The small pool wasn't working correctly.  Some of the day there isn't much sun on the deck due  to the height of the ship and the position of the sun and the size of the deck.   Out of five sailings I have only ever been asked once if I would like a cool beverage.  I certainly would not pay for a pass for the privilege of using this  very tiny private deck.

For those of us with joint problems the thalassotherapy pool even with it not 100% functioning was a godsend

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, uktog said:

For those of us with joint problems the thalassotherapy pool even with it not 100% functioning was a godsend

Well that is  indeed a positive for using the sanctum spa  area as Thalassotherapy pools do aid in joint pains I am really glad it helped you 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

What was the reason given for removing this privilege for CC suites?

There will be too many suites for the area.  Onward has 53 plus CC's.  Because of onward, it's being changed on all of the ships

14 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I think they should have left it as it was on the other 3 ships.

Couldn't agree more.  So Onward now calls the shots for everything?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

I’m assuming you are including the cc in the 53+

How many suites were there before the refurbishment.   

The outer deck has never had more than a few people and never crowded.

There were that many suites on the ship when it was bought by Azamara. 

• Like 1

The other issue with the spa decks is they vary so much between ships.  The one on Pursuit, because of the furniture and way it is set up, is so much better than Journey and Quest, with a nice corner seating area including a sofa and chairs.  The day bed on those two ships takes up far too much space in my view.  Space that is precious.

I've had issues with the T-Pools not working properly too.  Once, for the whole cruise the water wasn't up to temperature and really made it unusable.  I'd bought a pass, but got my money back.  It's disappointing when they don't work.  The ships are 22 years old now.  They do maintenance to keep them going, but I wonder how long this fix it up approach will last if spares are either hard to get or difficult to make.

Someone spoke of drinks service there.  Just a tip.  There is a yellow phone on the wall on the port side that goes directly to the Pool Bar.  You can ring them and ask for drinks to be brought to you.  It worked a treat.  At least on Pursuit.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 4

I think many accepted the imperfections of the spa deck when they had it as a perk with their suite because it was “free”. Whenever we were in one of the large suites (who will still have the benefit) we only went very briefly to use the pool.  The loungers on the dpa deck are so uncomfortable for me compared to those on the main deck or balconies in the big suites. It can also be a noisy place, people hold conversations in the pool and don’t realise how loud their voices are over the noise of the spa.

But I feel they either should have maintained (or replaced) the pool.  Alternatively rip it out altogether- not what I would really have advocated- as I’ve said that pool has been a life saver for me particularly after long days touring and with no alternative it wouldn’t be ideal. 

Im also sorry for suite users who have lost what was their special place for decent photos.

35 minutes ago, jollyjoyce said:

I also think that those who booked a CC suite before these changes will feel a bit miffed at having lost something they thought was a special treat and was included... like the free testing on boarding for us lesser mortals LOL

or the specials cooked for some and not offered to others in Aqualina 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just off Quest. We sailed with first time cruisers to introduce them to Azamara. They loved it! The Mrs. wanted to use the T-pool. No passes being sold, so we suggested a massage. A 75 minute massage was booked at $219 PLUS 18% gratuities. When she arrived and asked to use the T-pool, the request was denied. For top suites only. One very disappointed customer.

Edited by Jb-lhr
Price correction

2 hours ago, Jb-lhr said:

Just off Quest. We sailed with first time cruisers to introduce them to Azamara. They loved it! The Mrs. wanted to use the T-pool. No passes being sold, so we suggested a massage. A 75 minute massage was booked at $219 PLUS 18% gratuities. When she arrived and asked to use the T-pool, the request was denied. For top suites only. One very disappointed customer.

Very poor sorry you had that disappointment 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jb-lhr said:

That's very poor.  Hopefully the new regime will take time to bed in and will change because this attitude will come back and bite them.

Phil

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jb-lhr said:

Just to add.  It's great to read your first time cruise friends enjoyed it so much. 

Phil 

• Like 4