Cruise Critic will be on Celebrity Beyond - what do you want to know?

I have to say I'm impressed with what I'm seeing. They definitely improved on a number of the issues people complained about on Edge. Even the furniture has gotten better and more functional in the cabins. A number of the suites' design and location (small balconies, under big overhang) issues still exist but I think those weren't really fixable based on the current E-class layout.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, asnaleah said:

So far, I’m sticking with Silhouette and her fabulous balconies with useable furniture, unless it’s a port intensive cruise. The Sunset Bar looks lovely. Not sure how I feel about the fee for small bites though. Would hate to go back to feeling nickel-and-dimed. Thanks so much for your informative posts Chris!

Agree, not sure why they are charging for that food.  We normally bring food up from the buffet when we go to the Sunset Bar.

30 minutes ago, dateacher said:

Agree, not sure why they are charging for that food.  We normally bring food up from the buffet when we go to the Sunset Bar.

kind of devalues the concept of all inclusive, huh?

It is a business and they have to pick and choose on these issues. You and I can stll stop by the buffett to get stuff. I also have been known to get a burger or hot dog at mast grill and saunter over to sunset.

Just remembered a question. I read somewhere that Beyond was introducing a  Princess medallion type of electronic device. Any sign of it? Not that the medallion is without critisim.

44 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

kind of devalues the concept of all inclusive, huh?

It is a business and they have to pick and choose on these issues. You and I can stll stop by the buffett to get stuff. I also have been known to get a burger or hot dog at mast grill and saunter over to sunset.

When has the Sunset Bar included free food on the other ships though? This is basically like a specialty restaurant experience or the gelato booth. It's not like something is being taken away or now charged when it was free before.

• Like 2

• Members
11 hours ago, HMR74 said:

Just remembered a question. I read somewhere that Beyond was introducing a  Princess medallion type of electronic device. Any sign of it? Not that the medallion is without critisim.

Nothing like that yet. You can use your phone to control the cabin lighting and such but that's not new. You can use to open your door. But no wearable tech. 

• Like 2

• Members

New menu and concept in Eden. Cornelius Gallagher, who earned a Michelin star in his chef days, has made this his baby now. Gone are the "elements" menu and the Edenists. Cover is $55.

i liked it, a lot. The food was gorgeous and really nice ingredients. Loved the portions - not too much and I left satisfied but not uncomfy (like I do after Fine Cut).  But I'm not sure it's a must? I am going to Le Voyage tonight and I think that will determine for me what meal you'd want to splurge on.

86B22991-4252-4BCC-83E1-BBA104D2D36B.jpeg

6C272CE0-7A96-4CAE-9CA9-2B4274AB8D92.jpeg

F26AD71B-D1BC-4D9E-9C8F-F0F39D6E5155.jpeg

8056D987-888E-4830-BBAD-0E25EF868B21.jpeg

A2618A04-C98A-4C5A-95FD-4C9784CE3CBC.jpeg

• Like 2

• Members

I think my biggest issue with the cabins is that all of Deck 12 balconies are essentially in the shade, with the expansion/overhang. My sister is in a Deck 12 Sky Suite this summer and I took a look at it. I advised her to change, as she likes to read on the sun on her balcony. 

It's also not a given that your Sky Suite bed will face the window. So you'll want to ask your agent or representative about that when booking. 

This is Sky Suite 12176. 

66366BE3-2810-403E-9ECE-3F2FD7600B1E.jpeg

07CC2737-58C9-42F0-99B1-9E20A421A2C7.jpeg

26344883-D6FA-4817-90FF-062DA8F2C00B.jpeg

45B5102C-6347-49B5-A635-F0172DE443DC.jpeg

DE5E7A5E-1591-4294-BD1E-A236DB041242.jpeg

0B5001A6-49A2-42D2-A842-22F4EFEEB7E9.jpeg

• Like 1

Judging from the Aqua Suite, the balcony table  is still ridiculous, but the table in the room looks a little better, although it’s tough to get the perspective from the pictures. Not sure why this is so hard to figure out🙄

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Oceanview Bar does not extend outside but of course you can bring drinks there or order. Another photo.

281EDF1A-0816-48C6-ABF3-65EEC02D3AFD.jpeg

They definitely heard and responded to criticism that the E-Class doesn't have enough bars to sit,drink and chat and enjoy the ship.

2 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Oceanview Bar does not extend outside but of course you can bring drinks there or order. Another photo.

281EDF1A-0816-48C6-ABF3-65EEC02D3AFD.jpeg

Thanks for the oceanview bar pic.

The difference is the area outside the bar is smaller than Edge,  and does not afford a true panoramic view. On S class one of my fav places, when alone,  was the outdoor oceanview bar, covered. on the back side looking out, joking with bartenders and they were great!. I'll just get a chair at a table at the new one. I see pluses and minuses , mostly pluses. There is a limit to what can be done and the trade offs. One plus is the bar chairs are chairs, not stools.

Perhaps I can find a similar spot at Sunset.

Edited by HMR74

2 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

So a few smoking areas I found. There's an enclave up from the Resort Deck, and also one of the cantilevered areas at the Sunset Bar. 

6C5F415D-540C-4260-A343-D86CBF7EB017.jpeg

6CE886E3-DB85-4DD6-B75A-41D72C5EF487.jpeg

Thank you so much for all the great photos and descriptions!  Are these smoking areas Port or Starboard?  Thx!

5 minutes ago, Rick-n-MeMe said:

Thank you so much for all the great photos and descriptions!  Are these smoking areas Port or Starboard?  Thx!

They are both Starboard.   I'm pretty sure all E-class have the same 3 areas for smoking, Deck 15 starboard near pool bar, Deck 15 starboard near Sunset bar and Deck 5 port side near Eden.

11 minutes ago, Whitechapelgirl62 said:

My daughter is onboard at present on press launch & says its “insane” - likes the balcony feature (in a concierge cabin) as gives so much light/space in cabin. 

6D3ADCB3-958B-4AED-9B5B-67C9181FB77A.png

D116F5FC-7754-4EF4-B2A0-D952898D8ACE.jpeg

F3DB7719-C99C-4F6D-8E48-9FD2AC012148.jpeg

97EC9EB7-BAA7-4D81-A86D-A431A9A1F5B6.jpeg

The cabin picture of the bed includes the area above the bed and it appears ther are two HVAC outlets there. I wonder if, since the ship was built after covid started, they did a change on the fly for more recirculation.

Anybody have a recollection of how thats done  on Apex or edge?

Certainly more than S class.