Elevator watching and complaining vs. enjoying the Cruise!

NMsunset

The things people spend time with during the cruise and post cruise just amazes me.

TBH, the complainers/critics actual amuse me and many others...like road rage...it's just a traffic jam...chill

Buy the drink package; if able bodied...take the "gasp" stairs, or use a different bank or side of elevators...geez

Or keep on and I will be the person laughing on my way to the spa, bar, pool, trivia, shore, bar, MDR, cabin for a nap (or nooner), bar, speciality restaurant,  theater, game room, lounge, did I mention bar!?!? 

I get this site is for amateur "critics" of cruises...but I witness tons more complaining/whining when on cruises...in the past I tried to help/assist/advise/calm, etc... but realized they just want to complain...so now I just laugh and move on.

Please keep it up on the cruises and on this forum...I need the chuckles

Cheers!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NMsunset said:

The things people spend time with during the cruise and post cruise just amazes me.

TBH, the complainers/critics actual amuse me and many others...like road rage...it's just a traffic jam...chill

Buy the drink package; if able bodied...take the "gasp" stairs, or use a different bank or side of elevators...geez

Or keep on and I will be the person laughing on my way to the spa, bar, pool, trivia, shore, bar, MDR, cabin for a nap (or nooner), bar, speciality restaurant,  theater, game room, lounge, did I mention bar!?!? 

I get this site is for amateur "critics" of cruises...but I witness tons more complaining/whining when on cruises...in the past I tried to help/assist/advise/calm, etc... but realized they just want to complain...so now I just laugh and move on.

Please keep it up on the cruises and on this forum...I need the chuckles

Cheers!

Ha ha ha very funny Doctor Jones!  

51 minutes ago, NMsunset said:

Well, at least you set the "bar" high! Lol.  I think the complaining has finely become greater than "Buttergate" was a few years ago.  Thanks for your comments.  You helped "lift" our spirits!

• Like 1

I agree. Like  the ones that say they were bored because there was nothing to do. Or those that say there was no food worth eating or the buffet breakfast was repetitive - yes, with the same 100+ choices. What do these people eat for breakfast at home each day to run out of things to eat on a 7 day cruise?

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, if able bodied people used the one up two down rule elevators would be a happier place. I see young fully mobile people all the time that will stop an elevator full of people to go down one floor with a staircase right next to it. Pure laziness ......

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JAGR said:

"Buttergate"

Buttergate!?

Well, as they say down South, "Butter my butt and call me a biscuit!" I'm sorry to have not been around for that. I imargarine tempers were whipped up and it was hard to stick to polite conversation.
😉 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JT1962 said:

I agree. Like  the ones that say they were bored because there was nothing to do. Or those that say there was no food worth eating or the buffet breakfast was repetitive - yes, with the same 100+ choices. What do these people eat for breakfast at home each day to run out of things to eat on a 7 day cruise?

I don't get it either. There are only so many breakfast items so not sure exactly what is expected? Roast beef? 🤣

16 hours ago, no1talks said:

Buttergate!?

Well, as they say down South, "Butter my butt and call me a biscuit!" I'm sorry to have not been around for that. I imargarine tempers were whipped up and it was hard to stick to polite conversation.
😉

It was hilarious!  Started in January 2018.  8 pages, and kept strong even though Sewergate/Septicgate was going on.  Here are some highlights:

image.png.64f7e4477cb9bdca45ffad475362cb03.png

Edited by JAGR
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

they don't even put cheddar cheese on the pizza

I am dying to know more about the people who want cheddar cheese on pizza; please tell us more.

Also, idk, I do not usually eat butter, but having only margarine or a veg substitute would still feel pretty cheap and annoying to me.

As I recall, there was a long, scathing review of a guy's first MSC cruise, with the complaint that the pizza was horrible, nothing like his great hometown pizza.  A debate ensued, with photos of what a real pizza should look like, bright orange cheese being one of the main components, and some comments of how good cheddar is on the pizza people can get at home.  

He spent many pages and replies warning people to cancel any MSC cruises they might have booked.

BTW, We always had butter available on our MSC cruises, and we were lowly Bellas, eating in buffet and MDR.

20 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

A debate ensued, with photos of what a real pizza should look like, bright orange cheese being one of the main components, and some comments of how good cheddar is on the pizza people can get at home.  

What.the.heck.

37 minutes ago, baelor said:
1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

they don't even put cheddar cheese on the pizza

I am dying to know more about the people who want cheddar cheese on pizza; please tell us more.

Lol, I spent some time in Kosovo and cheddar cheese on pizza was big there...only place I've seen it tho and I lived in NY for 7 years...upstate but still...

2 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Lol, I spent some time in Kosovo and cheddar cheese on pizza was big there...only place I've seen it tho and I lived in NY for 7 years...upstate but still...

I wonder whether it is a Midwest thing I missed while living there, like a slice of cheddar on top of apple pie.

2 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Live in OH now and never seen it here...

The last thing I would put on a slice of Apple Pie is Cheddar Cheese.  A generous scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream?  Fine with me, but, please, put it on the side and not on the slice of pie.  

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 5:35 PM, tallnthensome said:

Well, if able bodied people used the one up two down rule elevators would be a happier place. I see young fully mobile people all the time that will stop an elevator full of people to go down one floor with a staircase right next to it. Pure laziness ......

I see the same thing at my work! It’s infuriating. Also fun fact we have the same type of elevators and NOT ONE VISITOR knows how to use them! All I do is tell people they are getting on the wrong elevator all day. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Live in OH now and never seen it here...

I think it's more of an upper Midwest and a New England thing.  In grad school days in Minnesota and Wisconsin ("America's Dairyland", so it makes sense there), I remember seeing apple pie with thick slabs of cheddar cheese. Friends in Vermont and New Hampshire have mentioned having cheese with pie as well.  I'd be hard pressed to find cheese on apple pie here in Central OH.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAGR said:

I think it's more of an upper Midwest and a New England thing.  In grad school days in Minnesota and Wisconsin ("America's Dairyland", so it makes sense there), I remember seeing apple pie with thick slabs of cheddar cheese. Friends in Vermont and New Hampshire have mentioned having cheese with pie as well.  I'd be hard pressed to find cheese on apple pie here in Central OH.

In Michigan, we used to say "Apple pie without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze".