Reports of denied boarding

emam

I have been reading on the other side that people were denied boarding on Monday 18th April due to not having the correct paperwork. Apparently some passengers had the paperwork for their two vaccines but only the card for their booster.

I don't know how many were denied, but the post says "there must have been 50 people trying to download the app".

Edited by emam
More info

A very small number. One of the countries on the cruise had a, booster of main jab more than 270 days policy, I believe.

Even the paper proof of vaccination is only valid for 30 days therefore if you’ve had your booster and it’s not on the letter, it’s likely this had already expired therefore they had no proof of vaccination.

The websites and emails are now very clear about the cards not being valid.

• Like 4

It sounds like that is what happened. The person that posted it ,was wanting to find as many people as possible to help with her complaint about the way they were treated at the port. Others were saying it was their own fault for not having the correct paperwork and that it's G4s at the port not P&O, so there is no basis for her complaining to P&O.

As it has been mentioned before that proof of vaccines weren't checked while boarding, people run the risk of being denied boarding if they don't have them.

The main thing that appears to catch people out is the paper proof as it has " a shelf life of thirty days", we are by no  means tech savvy but realized a long time ago that updating the information electronically is the only surefire way to minimize the risks of been denied boarding, , everything is stored in an e  wallet that does not require wifi  

• Like 3

I have the NHS app and can see my jabs, but not sure what you mean by the e-wallet?  Also I can do this for our friend who doesn't not have smartphone or tablet so she would still have to have a paper copy.  Sigh.

35 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Ah that's for Apple.  I have Android

Don't worry. I have android devices but what i do is in the NHS app order pdf copies of my vax record for delivery to my email address. I print paper copies and also save the pdf on my mobile and tablet. Belt and braces plus a plan C 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, BrianI said:

The e-wallet is a facility for storing things like train tickets etc

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204003

if you don’t have it, you can download the app

Brian

Why do you need such a device, as long as you have downloaded it or screen printed it to your phone, you can easily retrieve it to display at check in.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, molecrochip said:

A very small number. One of the countries on the cruise had a, booster of main jab more than 270 days policy, I believe.

Even the paper proof of vaccination is only valid for 30 days therefore if you’ve had your booster and it’s not on the letter, it’s likely this had already expired therefore they had no proof of vaccination.

The websites and emails are now very clear about the cards not being valid.

That would put the cat amongst the pigeons!. I had my booster in early December which would mean it would expire for that country early this September. If that country is Norway I will not be paying the final balance for the cruise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

That would put the cat amongst the pigeons!. I had my booster in early December which would mean it would expire for that country early this September. If that country is Norway I will not be paying the final balance for the cruise.

I think you are misreading it. If your main jab was more than 270 days ago you need to have had a booster. These people did not have the certificate for the booster. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 2

Just checked the shengen visa site

Norway
Similar to the Netherlands, Norway has shortened the validity of vaccination certificates to 270 days (nine months).

“If the validity period on the certificate is about to expire, a booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine will be required in order to extend its validity,” the Norwegian government noted.

Ooops!

My booster was on 1 December and 270 days from that is 28th August so no Norway cruise.

This needs urgent clarification as a lot of passengers will have their boosters running out.

edit - this from the FCO site

Summary
Still current at:
21 April 2022
Updated:
16 February 2022
Latest update:
Update information on entry requirements; from 12 February no testing, quarantine or registration requirements are required for arrival in Norway apart from Svalbard ('Coronavirus' and 'Entry requirements' pages)

Still not happy though as the requirements can change at short notice

Edited by davecttr

3 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Norway
Similar to the Netherlands, Norway has shortened the validity of vaccination certificates to 270 days (nine months).

“If the validity period on the certificate is about to expire, a booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine will be required in order to extend its validity,” the Norwegian government noted.

Ooops!

My booster was on 1 December and 270 days from that is 28th August so no Norway cruise.

This needs urgent clarification as a lot of passengers will have their boosters running out.

Again you are misreading it. If your main vaccine is about to expire due to 270 days you need a booster. You have the booster. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Again you are misreading it. If your main vaccine is about to expire due to 270 days you need a booster. You have the booster. 

Exactly - there is currently no expiry date for the booster.

• Like 3

I think the problem was it wasn’t the documentation required, certainly the card is not allowed as any proof.  It’s very clear in the details sent out to everyone (see below), but I’m aware people tend to not read things fully/properly.  To me it’s not ambiguous and the lady in question didn’t take the right information.

“Proof of vaccination status

You'll need to show proof of your vaccination status at the terminal prior to boarding, which will also be checked against your photo ID. This can be either in digital or printed format (a screenshot is fine) and must be an official certificate of vaccine status issued by your local health authority (e.g. NHS England). Please visit your relevant NHS or local health authority website for full details of how to obtain an official record of your vaccine status in advance of your holiday (some authorities require up to 10 days to process applications to receive postal certificates). 

Guests in England can download the NHS app, register with their NHS number and photo ID and gain access to 'Get your NHS COVID Pass' – this allows you to download a PDF copy of your vaccine record and/or to request to receive an offline copy by email. Alternatively, to prove your vaccination status you can show a screenshot of your vaccination details which appear below your unique barcode within the app. This shows the details of each vaccination and the date given. There are different screens for each vaccination and booster. The teams at the terminal need to see the information shown below the barcode which confirms the dates of vaccination. Please register for the NHS app well in advance of travel as NHS app accounts can take up to 14 days to approve. If using the app, in case of any connectivity issues we’d recommend taking a screenshot so that you can easily show this at the terminal.

Please note that the record card that is given out at the time of vaccination will not be accepted as proof of your vaccination status. Unfortunately failure to provide proof of vaccination at the terminal will result in denial of boarding at your own expense.”

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I have the NHS app and can see my jabs, but not sure what you mean by the e-wallet?  Also I can do this for our friend who doesn't not have smartphone or tablet so she would still have to have a paper copy.  Sigh.

Jean, I just take a screen shot of the app for proof, that way I don't have to worry about wifi and the like.  It worked for both my boarding passes and entry to Spain a few weeks ago.  I took a copy of the Spanish PLF too.

Edited by besberry

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

Exactly - there is currently no expiry date for the booster.

This  ^

I badgered MSC endlessly until they changed their wording, which originally made it sound like they were counting the booster in the 270 days.    They've now amended their wording, and sent me an email apology confirming I was correct.

Dave , please do not worry, you are fine there is no expiry date for the booster.

Nearer your cruise p&o send many emails with loads of info that’s very clear.

The person in the post from ‘elsewhere’ had the vaccination card not the official NHS app info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, davecttr said:

Norway

Ooops!

edit - this from the FCO site

Summary
Still current at:
21 April 2022
Updated:
16 February 2022
Latest update:
Update information on entry requirements; from 12 February no testing, quarantine or registration requirements are required for arrival in Norway apart from Svalbard ('Coronavirus' and 'Entry requirements' pages)

Still not happy though as the requirements can change at short notice

We can’t wait to welcome you on board, but first, we need to make you aware of an important update for your upcoming holiday.

To continue to best protect the health and well-being of our guests, crew and the communities we visit, we have extended our vaccination policy to include all holidays on sale.

For this sailing, all guests aged 12 years and over need to be fully vaccinated with a recognised COVID-19 vaccine a minimum of 14 days prior to travel. If more than 270 days (calculated from the last day of the cruise) have passed since the full completion of a vaccination course, a booster vaccine will also be needed and must be administered a minimum of seven days prior to travel.

Children under 12 years are exempt from pre-travel vaccination.

The definition of ‘fully vaccinated’ is having completed a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination course or single-dose Janssen COVID-19 vaccine (plus a booster if applicable) approved by the MHRA, EMA or WHO. Regardless of the date, if you have already had a booster vaccination then you are eligible to travel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks all for clarifying no deadline for the booster. After reading the email from P&O neither me or Mrs Snibs picked up on that and thought she needed an additional booster which she can’t get. Now do I let Mrs Snibs know she can go on holiday 🤔.

• Haha 1

Please let her know she can go .😊

we go in 13 days so have read  through very informative p and o email today. 

N.B you may all already be aware that the current downloaded NHS Covid proofs with both vacs. and booster  QR codes now only have approx. 4 weeks before an expiry date.

So please don’t download until nearly ready to board.

we found out when we flew recently so need to re download and save everywhere incl. a copy in photos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snibs said:

Thanks all for clarifying no deadline for the booster. After reading the email from P&O neither me or Mrs Snibs picked up on that and thought she needed an additional booster which she can’t get. Now do I let Mrs Snibs know she can go on holiday 🤔.

Do you want to live ?

Answer :

Yes - you get to live and go on a cruise

No - you die rather than go on a cruise