First time in Junior Suite.

We've done JS, GS and OS.  I agree that OS is really too big for two - GS is just right.  JS is nice, but we do like the few extra benefits of a full suite, plus the extra space, so GS is our usual choice.  I'd love to do a CLS, but the stairs are a no-go due to age and arthritis. 

7 hours ago, TheMick424 said:

Do JS use the Suite & Pinnacle check-in line in Miami?  I’ve seen mixed info on this and unsure whether there is any benefit to buying the Key for priority boarding if you are staying in a JS. We’ll be sailing on Symphony of the Seas in early 2023. 

Yes, a JS is considered a suite for boarding purposes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SG65CB said:

I don't know if it's the case on Wonder but on many ships the JS has a nice big walk-in closet. 

The bathroom will have a tub instead of a shower, which you might or might not consider an upgrade. To get into the tub it's a very high step off the ground.

Yes,  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rudeney said:

I agree that OS is really too big for two - GS is just right.

Not for us.  The more space the better.  I felt good being in a 2BR with just two of us.  We especially liked that the bedrooms had doors.  Much better than the curtain in the GS.  To each their own.

54 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Not for us.  The more space the better.  I felt good being in a 2BR with just two of us.  We especially liked that the bedrooms had doors.  Much better than the curtain in the GS.  To each their own.

Don't take this personal. Do you two sleep in your separate bedrooms on the ship? If not, what purpose does the 2B serve? Trying to determine the benefit of the extra space. I'm too old to chase the wife around the rooms. LOL

• Haha 2

We stay in Junior Suites and love all the extra space including the walk in closet and larger balcony that can accommodate 2 loungers, 2 chairs and the table. On sea days I have went back to the room and kicked back in the chair and footstool and nodded out for a little nap. The wife always brings bubble bath oil and take a bubble bath in the tub. Oh and double points just like any other suite good if you want to reach diamond status sooner. 

We never had an issue to get reservations in the CK if we wanted one. We stop going there though because we think it is overrated! 👀

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

Don't take this personal. Do you two sleep in your separate bedrooms on the ship? If not, what purpose does the 2B serve?

We did not, although I liked having the option as one of us has been known to snore load enough to wake the dead.

We actually got our first 2BR because my wife liked the location, we wanted to experience the room for ourselves and thought there was a chance to take some of my family on a cruise in a nice suite.  (We ended up taking my brother, but, the sister was unable to go)  Honestly, the extra space is really nice, and I was delighted to have so many options.  We did use the two bathrooms on more than one occasion, so that's a big plus too.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

We did not, although I liked having the option as one of us has been known to snore load enough to wake the dead.

We actually got our first 2BR because my wife liked the location, we wanted to experience the room for ourselves and thought there was a chance to take some of my family on a cruise in a nice suite.  (We ended up taking my brother, but, the sister was unable to go)  Honestly, the extra space is really nice, and I was delighted to have so many options.  We did use the two bathrooms on more than one occasion, so that's a big plus too.

We often book a 2BR even though it's just the 2 of us.  This started on Vision class ships b/c I absolutely loathe the location of [most of] the full suites on the V class ships.  We booked the 2 BR GS that are midships and from there, really just like having the extra space.  Our luggage has its own BR !

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

We often book a 2BR even though it's just the 2 of us.  This started on Vision class ships b/c I absolutely loathe the location of [most of] the full suites on the V class ships.

That huge walk-in closet on the Vision is really great.  I really liked the dresser in there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Well, more is always better, but in terms of what we need in a cruise ship stateroom, the GS works quite well.  But you are right about a door being better than the curtain!

21 hours ago, bigque said:

We stay in Junior Suites and love all the extra space including the walk in closet and larger balcony that can accommodate 2 loungers, 2 chairs and the table. On sea days I have went back to the room and kicked back in the chair and footstool and nodded out for a little nap. The wife always brings bubble bath oil and take a bubble bath in the tub. Oh and double points just like any other suite good if you want to reach diamond status sooner. 

We never had an issue to get reservations in the CK if we wanted one. We stop going there though because we think it is overrated! 👀

Unfortunately, the little mini "couch" on Odyssey in the JS cabins, is not comfortable at all.  Hard as a rock.  Looks more like a large foot stool!  😮  And there are no actual footstools either.  😞 

2 hours ago, Susan in Maine said:

We were just on Anthem in our first JS. We loved it! The bathrooms are great. One had a great bathtub - nice and deep for soaking AND a separate shower! The other was the toilet/sink. We're spoiled now.........

Totally agree,our JS  on Quantum,& the ship in general,has spoiled us,we loved it!

welp, I am doing a JR Suite this weekend on Symphony after doing a Boardwalk balcony on Wonder.

I am glad I won't have to hear the Aqua show for the 5th time or loudness from playmakers at 1am.

It will be nice to just see the ocean and I pray nice neighbors too. looking forward to larger room.