Covid Cancellation/Refund Policy Extended to November 30/2022

koolforkatz

They've taken some stuff away, which is reasonable, but happy that if I test positive day before boarding ship I can now get a refund.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

(If for some reason older policy appears, try refreshing screen.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

10 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

So what happens if you test positive on a cruise leaving from the US after May 17, 2022? I am thinking of all the Summit cruises from Bayonne. 

The policy addresses what happens if you test positive during the voyage and only until May 17. Anything outside that window will be the passenger’s responsibility.

Edited by Babr

Thank you for posting this...curious that cruises from Vancouver are not addressed in the "on or before May 17, 2022" since we are booked on the May 13, 2022 Millennium from Vancouver to Seward. Or perhaps they are grouped into "cruises from U.S." because all ports are in Alaska? Going to ask my Travel Planner. I'll report back.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

So what happens if you test positive on a cruise leaving from the US after May 17, 2022? I am thinking of all the Summit cruises from Bayonne. 

The policy was written quite narrowly in scope.

Seems possible we will soon see required embarkation testing eliminated? 🤞

Europe is still requiring it so makes sense to keep provisions during this summer season.

Just a guess... 🤔

22 minutes ago, Babr said:

The policy addresses what happens if you test positive during the voyage and only until May 17. Anything outside that window will be the passenger’s responsibility.

The first 3 bullet points still apply to all sailings between now and Nov 30, 2022. You still get a refund/FCC if you test positive <10 days before the cruise or prorate amount if you test positive on the cruise. The Equinox, Infinity and Summit departures over summer from the US will not provide any help with land quarantine costs or getting you back home, but you still get a refund or FCC.

Since this pertains only to North America residents, it's more palpable for most US residents to make their way home from Florida or New Jersey on their own opposed to somewhere in Europe. 

• Like 3

Hi, Is anyone reading this to mean that it's conceivable that one could/may have to stay on the ship post normal disembarkation day? Like maybe for 17 days of a 14 day cruise disembarking say in Oslo or Amsterdam instead of the original Southampton? 

2 minutes ago, Roxydog15 said:

Hi, Is anyone reading this to mean that it's conceivable that one could/may have to stay on the ship post normal disembarkation day? Like maybe for 17 days of a 14 day cruise disembarking say in Oslo or Amsterdam instead of the original Southampton? 

Correct. 

35 minutes ago, Roxydog15 said:

According to the call I had this afternoon,  I you test positive on board and have not completed your isolation time you will be put ashore and isolation is your responsibility.  X will "assist" in changing travel reservations.  That could be different as several countries will not allow you to leave the ship without a negative covid test.  In this situation you would obviously need to remain on board beyond the scheduled end of your cruise.

10 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

According to the call I had this afternoon,  I you test positive on board and have not completed your isolation time you will be put ashore and isolation is your responsibility.  X will "assist" in changing travel reservations. 

….Only for North American cruises. For UK and EU departures, that is in direct contrast to what the policy says. Bullet #3.

• For all Celebrity cruises scheduled to sail from the European Union or the United Kingdom between May 1, 2022 and November 30, 2022, inclusive, if you test positive for COVID-19 during the voyage:
• Celebrity will cover the cost of necessary COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard the ship;
• you and members of your Traveling Party may stay onboard the ship to complete any required quarantine period, without needing to pay additional cruise fare, stateroom gratuities or taxes/fees to Celebrity for the same; and
• Celebrity will assist with coordinating travel arrangements to get you and members of your Traveling Party back home, but will not be responsible for any associated costs.

Wow! This really has me second guessing things now. We are scheduled to sail next month from Rome. If for some reason we test positive will they potentially not let us get off in Rome once we get back, but instead make us stay on the ship? We are scheduled to go right to Spain to see our son once we disembark. We only have so many days. Seeing him is more important to me than the cruise. Guess we have some decisions to make

32 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

According to the call I had this afternoon,  I you test positive on board and have not completed your isolation time you will be put ashore and isolation is your responsibility.  X will "assist" in changing travel reservations.  That could be different as several countries will not allow you to leave the ship without a negative covid test.  In this situation you would obviously need to remain on board beyond the scheduled end of your cruise.

Does this apply to "up to date" passengers?  I'm sailing from Italy and the chart only shows a test to board and a test to fly back to the US.

My TA spoke with them and was told that X won't hold you hostage past cruise end.  Will help set up quarantine hotel, etc.  If you test positive onboard and local regs require quarantine I suppose. Really hope testing to the US ends. So complicated. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The first 3 bullet points still apply to all sailings between now and Nov 30, 2022. You still get a refund/FCC if you test positive <10 days before the cruise or prorate amount if you test positive on the cruise. The Equinox, Infinity and Summit departures over summer from the US will not provide any help with land quarantine costs or getting you back home, but you still get a refund or FCC.

Since this pertains only to North America residents, it's more palpable for most US residents to make their way home from Florida or New Jersey on their own opposed to somewhere in Europe. 

Agree with your comments. Glad to see the new protocols posted. 

• Like 2

Well this certainly is good news and I feel a lot less stress. My cruise sails on May 6th on the Equinox.

Curious on the fact about getting a refund or FCC credit if you have to cancel due to covid. Since I paid for the cruise with FCC from our May 2020 canceled cruise, would I actually be able to get a refund or they will just replace with FCC? Also what would be the new expiration for FCC?

I understand the lack of quarantine assistance post cruise in US but it appears they are also no covering onboard covid medical expenses either. 

If that's the case will anyone report to medical to be put in quarantine anyway?

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I understand the lack of quarantine assistance post cruise in US but it appears they are also no covering onboard covid medical expenses either. 

If that's the case will anyone report to medical to be put in quarantine anyway?

Not us, we will hang low in our cabin.  If you have had the booster, I am hearing very mild cases like a cold. 

6 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Wow! This really has me second guessing things now. We are scheduled to sail next month from Rome. If for some reason we test positive will they potentially not let us get off in Rome once we get back, but instead make us stay on the ship? We are scheduled to go right to Spain to see our son once we disembark. We only have so many days. Seeing him is more important to me than the cruise. Guess we have some decisions to make

What have you expected? If you are positive you jump on a plane to Spain and invect others? 

6 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Not us, we will hang low in our cabin.  If you have had the booster, I am hearing very mild cases like a cold. 

I am hearing many  have ongoing issues and are quite sick for a week, I know a few who have had it in the last 2 weeks and not a mild cold!

11 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

….Only for North American cruises. For UK and EU departures, that is in direct contrast to what the policy says. Bullet #3.

• For all Celebrity cruises scheduled to sail from the European Union or the United Kingdom between May 1, 2022 and November 30, 2022, inclusive, if you test positive for COVID-19 during the voyage:
• Celebrity will cover the cost of necessary COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard the ship;
• you and members of your Traveling Party may stay onboard the ship to complete any required quarantine period, without needing to pay additional cruise fare, stateroom gratuities or taxes/fees to Celebrity for the same; and
• Celebrity will assist with coordinating travel arrangements to get you and members of your Traveling Party back home, but will not be responsible for any associated costs.

UK guests have to take out full travel insurance including Covid cover and repatriation costs as a condition of carriage -  no ifs,  buts or maybe - it is a term of carriage.  Therefore any quarantine requirements off ship would be handled by the passenger's insurance company once a positive test is recorded.  This includes costs ashore and repatriation.  Therefore the need to remain onboard should not apply.

The sailing directives state quite clearly that the passenger is the cruise line's responsibility and costs associated are the cruise line's as well.  This new approach by Celebrity is interesting and I assume aimed to save them money on repatriation costs for non European residents.

I've seen a great many of the cruise lines policies on Covid within EU waters and none I recall are like this one.  Celebrity seem to be sailing very close to the wind and testing the EU protocols with regard to non repatriation. I'm guessing because reading these boards a lot of non EU guests do not have the full insurance cover that UK and EU guests are required to have?

• Like 1