EZ Air nightmare - help!

Lobstermobster

3 hours ago, Jessejo said:

To HBCruiser:  my son and I were going to fly together.  He would have met me in my hometown to start our trip from here.  He discovered that AA had a direct flight to DFW from his hometown.  I was able to change his booking in January - meet in Dallas and fly to London together.  I booked us seats together in Premium Economy.  After the change AA showed him booked in economy and they moved me from my window seat!  I tried for weeks to get us changed back.  I spent many many hours on hold and getting cut off, getting stupid answers and lies and talking to foreigners and people in their homes, and my registered letter to Princess Hq went unanswered.  I could not do it!  We were both frustrated (I still am).  He booked flights directly with Delta so I cancelled his EZAir reservation and asked to have his fare refunded to the original credit card. It was done within two days.

What a freaking mess! Good to know for future planning. 

On 4/24/2022 at 5:53 PM, Jadn13 said:

I fly Delta often snd once it’s connected to my Delta/Skymiles  account I have never had an issue with notifications when using EZAir either.

Did you link your flight to your Delta account? 

We have a Princess EZ Air booking that is with American Air but the over sea's leg is on British Air.  I've tried to link the flights with my AA account but haven't been successful.  Do I need to call American to get that done?

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Well either my chat last week worked after all or it's just that we are at the 30 day point.  Whatever the reason I now see an ticket number on the Princess website.  So relieved that I don't have to make another phone call to get this resolved.  Now will watch the United website like a hawk for any changes and will contact them if necessary.

Where do you find a "ticket number" on the Princess site?  I see an "Air Confirmation #" and a "Confirmation code", but no ticket number?

16 minutes ago, Mikel1733 said:

Where do you find a "ticket number" on the Princess site?  I see an "Air Confirmation #" and a "Confirmation code", but no ticket number?

If it had been issued at least a day or more before you check, you'll see it on the Travel Summary in the section on the first or second page that shows your flights booked through EZAir.  If it's been issued you'll also see it by clicking the View eTicket button after you've clicked Add or Modify Flights in the Travel section (see screen shot below).  And if you don't see the View eTicket button, the tickets haven't been issued.

image.thumb.png.337c45abf08179d10890f0151dd1e4f6.png

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mikel1733 said:

You need to login and select your cruise and then select Travel Summary (next to print luggage)

• Like 1

@HBCcruiser I have flown AA thru EZAir. You will see that payment notice on the AA website until Princess pays, in your case sometime in Oct or Nov. This is standard operating procedure, do not panic or try to pay AA. It is wise to keep monitoring to stay ahead of possible changes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

If it had been issued at least a day or more before you check, you'll see it on the Travel Summary in the section on the first or second page that shows your flights booked through EZAir.  If it's been issued you'll also see it by clicking the View eTicket button after you've clicked Add or Modify Flights in the Travel section (see screen shot below).  And if you don't see the View eTicket button, the tickets haven't been issued.

image.thumb.png.337c45abf08179d10890f0151dd1e4f6.png

Thank you I was able to find it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikel1733 said:

We have a Princess EZ Air booking that is with American Air but the over sea's leg is on British Air.  I've tried to link the flights with my AA account but haven't been successful.  Do I need to call American to get that done?

I would call AA and chat with them. The only experience I have with this was booking through Delta but ticketed through West Jet.  I ended up having to use the West Jet Ap for that trip but all my miles still counted towards Delta  

• Like 1

I didn’t hear back from Princess yesterday, as promised.  But, I went to aa.com this morning and found that I’d been ticketed!!  I was able to change my seat back to the one I’d originally selected.  I wasn’t able to change my return flight on the app tho - it said to contact Princess - no thanks.  I’ll ask at the ticket counter at the airport when ready to leave, it’s worked before… just before the pandemic with no change fee.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jessejo said:

I didn’t hear back from Princess yesterday, as promised.  But, I went to aa.com this morning and found that I’d been ticketed!!  I was able to change my seat back to the one I’d originally selected.  I wasn’t able to change my return flight on the app tho - it said to contact Princess - no thanks.  I’ll ask at the ticket counter at the airport when ready to leave, it’s worked before… just before the pandemic with no change fee.

One out of two accomplished, and wishing you good luck with the second.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 12:50 AM, Mud_Shark said:

Agree with AZbirdmom.  Used to love EZ air, but now, with so many airline schedule changes, that 3rd man in the chain of communication just slows everything way down to an unacceptable delay.  Better these days to make independent airline reservations and work directly with airline or the online travel agency for any changes - works much quicker.

Don

I’m not sure this is the right answer.  We had our airfare booked and paid for with our cruise, the airline changed their flight schedules and the only flight we could get let 2 hours before we arrived in port.  Had I booked directly with the airline I would need to scramble, find a new airline and pay todays prices for a trip that leaves in 30ish days.  It would have cost me a fortune.  Because I used EZ Air Princess rebooked us on a different airline in the same class of service and ate the charges themselves.  Is the process broken right now? Absolutely.  But would it have been better booking direct, I don’t believe so.

On 4/24/2022 at 1:46 PM, karatemom2 said:

And she also told me it was absolutely impossible for me to speak to their EZ Air agents. But I resisted every attempt to be put off and demanded to speak to a supervisor, not once, but all three times she tried to get me off the phone. Guess what? Somehow she was able to finally connect me with an EZ Air agent who was very nice, very helpful and had us rebooked on new flights within 30 minutes. So it can be done. I really don't enjoy being so assertive with people, but given our cruise is literally in a week I wasn't just going to sit back and wait for a magical resolution to appear. Thankfully it all worked out, but I can guarantee that there is a certain Princess representative who likely never wants to speak to me again!

This is what I learned early on, get the first agent immediately ask to be transferred to the Air Department.  In the 4-5 times I called I never had an issue getting to them, it just meant another hold after the first hold to get the first booking agent.  Frustrating for sure, but in the end it got resolved for us.

On 4/24/2022 at 6:44 PM, karatemom2 said:

We were booked on Delta and received absolutely no notice from them. We discovered quite by accident via our Princess booking site when going to look up aspects of our upcoming travel. When we tried to pull up our flights we got an error message which prompted us to reach out to Princess. We got zero notice from Delta or Princess.

The Princess booking site never updated for us after we had a schedule change and we wait 4 weeks before making the first call.  Clearly their process is broken, which is disappointing.

5 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

The Princess booking site never updated for us after we had a schedule change and we wait 4 weeks before making the first call.  Clearly their process is broken, which is disappointing.

Just maybe their booking site is now dependent on the Medallion technology, and being broken is inevitable. 😢