Unmasking… new protocols 4/22

Updated Mask Policy for Royal Caribbean Sailings

As you know, our protocols are fluid and subject to change. We proactively review all of our requirements to meet the guidance of various government and health authorities to ensure the health and safety of our guests and crew.

Due to recent changes in mask guidance, we’ve updated our mask policy, effective immediately, for all of our sailings where we've announced protocols, excluding Singapore departures.

Updated Mask Policy

Masks are optional for vaccinated guests and recommended for unvaccinated children while onboard. In our terminals, masks are optional unless required by local regulation. Some destinations we visit may require masks. Guests under 2 years old don’t need to wear a mask. These protocols are subject to change.

Thank you for your continued understanding as we work diligently to provide you with the very best cruise experience. We look forward to seeing you onboard soon! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, GTO-Girl said:

Masks have been optional since our cruise on February 28th.

the only thing new in this email is that fact that masks may be optional for the terminals…

Not exactly.  Seems masks are optional for unvaccinated kids now too.  Before they were required as far as I know.  

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, sergeant655 said:

LA County public health has put the mask mandate back in for transportation hubs so masks will be needed in San Pedro

Really? That is disappointing. We will probably wear regular masks on the plane (not N95's) But I had hoped to shed them while we were Ubering and checking in. Thanks for the update. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc

are unvaccinated kids still required to stay on bubble tours?  We have a cruise booked for August we need to cancel if that regulation isn't dropped (we can cancel up to 48 hours in advance) and have a 3 year old who currently isn't eligible for vaccination.

1 hour ago, topnole said:

Not exactly.  Seems masks are optional for unvaccinated kids now too.  Before they were required as far as I know.  

Also it no longer states that masks are required in Adventure Ocean. So it seems the big changes are terminal, Adventure Ocean, and unvaccinated kids.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

Also it no longer states that masks are required in Adventure Ocean. So it seems the big changes are terminal, Adventure Ocean, and unvaccinated kids.

Bingo that original person was wrong. It's a massive change for cruising since there is no longer vaccinated vs nonvaccinated masking policies. (for those who are allowed to cruise)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Masks were made fully optional on February 28th for all passengers. They were only actually required in AO after that. They were never required for children elsewhere.

Are you sure about that?   Seems to conflict with everything I’ve read until now including for an upcoming cruise with my kids.  I have read the rule has been sparsely enforced lately, but I’m pretty sure unvaccinated kids were required to wear masks indoors by rule (whether strictly enforced or not).  Of course in AO it was strictly enforced.  

The old guidance used to be that masks were expected for unvaccinated children over 2. Masks were required by anyone in adventure ocean and the cruise terminal. 

so this is a major reduction from masks being expected to just being recommended. 

5 hours ago, topnole said:

I’m getting off the Jewel in Miami in a few hours. Got on 4/9.  Children over the age of 2 who are not vaccinated must wear masks indoors in crowded areas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pcur said:

I’m getting off the Jewel in Miami in a few hours. Got on 4/9.  Children over the age of 2 who are not vaccinated must wear masks indoors in crowded areas.

Correction:  EXPECTED to wear masks indoors in crowded areas.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Fellow Californian here.  “No Matter What !!!!”

Disagree totally.

Hopefully, there are enough people who wear masks to protect other vulnerable members of our society. 

It’s called being compassionate.  

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

I'm with you.  I will also not be shocked if cases go up on ships given the much looser mask requirement on board and the lack of a mask requirement in the terminals (and other public transportation).

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, shutterbug63 said:

I'm with you.  I will also not be shocked if cases go up on ships given the much looser mask requirement on board and the lack of a mask requirement in the terminals (and other public transportation).

cases haven't gone up since they eliminated masks onboard in February

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Several ships going from yellow to orange on the CDC list seem to suggest otherwise. 

And just this morning, the news reported that while cases are going up due to latest variant, deaths are down and hospitalizations are very few, so cases are much less important.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

I was pointing out that indeed cases have gone up on ships since the masking went away - didn’t imply anything else. 

Once again causation vs correlation. I could just as easily say that the cases went up because they're going up everywhere and masks have nothing to do with it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

But I had hoped to shed them while we were Ubering

sitting in a very close proximity with a unmasked stranger in a car, windows up, a stranger who transports unmasked strangers all day long after their long unmasked flights - hmmm, that doesn't seem like a good idea to go maskless during your uber ride. But you whatever you want.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Masks have been optional since our cruise on February 28th.

the only thing new in this email is that fact that masks may be optional for the terminals…

Yup, on B4B at Port Miami, only 1/3 workers were wearing Masks. Also 30 min ago they didn't require us to wear them for walk off/on as did last week

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BND said:

Once again causation vs correlation. I could just as easily say that the cases went up because they're going up everywhere and masks have nothing to do with it.

He never said why.  He just stated what was going on after someone stated something that wasn’t accurate. Why do keep saying this?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1