Where is photography prohibited on ship?

I posted this in Alaska and Princess forums b/c I'm taking Majestic Princess to Alaska in June, but it was specific to Enclave (spa area) and I haven't received any responses.  In general, what parts of the ship are photographs / videos (for personal use, not to be uploaded to the net) not allowed?  I take a ton of photos and often videos of my trips but I want to have a heads up about what I won't be allowed to do.  Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I posted this in Alaska and Princess forums b/c I'm taking Majestic Princess to Alaska in June, but it was specific to Enclave (spa area) and I haven't received any responses.  In general, what parts of the ship are photographs / videos (for personal use, not to be uploaded to the net) not allowed?  I take a ton of photos and often videos of my trips but I want to have a heads up about what I won't be allowed to do.  Thanks!

The obvious locations are anywhere you are prohibited entry (e.g., Bridge, Engineering Control Ctr. and most areas leading to them).

Just now, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I read a CC article saying you can't photo the shows, and yet I've seen a lot of photo and video of the shows on you tube.

Of course you are not supposed to video shows. A) copyrights B) flash photography can be very dangerous to performers.

In Alaska you won't have any additional security measure, but in some parts of the World they install additional materials to protect the ship at sea. They request that they not be photographed and posted.

The other basic provision is you should not post any photo/film showing a person unless they have agreed to be photographed. When my photos catch other people, I blur the faces in post-production before posting.

11 hours ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

If the ship had such security. measures, would they have signs clearly marking those as not to be photographed?

Yes of course. 

I'm a keen photographer and can't recall any specific prohibitions on our first (only) cruise. Its possible that some cruise ports may prohibit particularly if near a military base - but there will be signs all over. 

On 4/25/2022 at 10:58 AM, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

If the ship had such security. measures, would they have signs clearly marking those as not to be photographed?

These measures are temporary for the waters being transitted, so NO they do not provide signage.

I consider it as common sense. If the ship is enacting security provisions to enhance pax safety, why would you take photos and publish them. During the "Pirate Drills" it is often mentioned that pax should stay away from outer decks.

• 1 month later...