Covid tests - eMed, Inspire or iHealth proctored tests?

ChiefMateJRK

5 minutes ago, oracer said:

I don't see the optum 6 pack. Only the 2 and 4 pack. Anyone have the link to 6 pack?

eMed.com 

We did 6 pack and have used them all for cruises. We did watch YouTube video first to get familiar with process. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

You can't just use the test kits as is. You have to pay iHealth $25 for a proctored telehealth session to have a valid test for NCL or other travel purposes.

Correct.. I used iHealth proctored tests to board the Bliss, and to fly home from Vancouver post cruise.... and had no issues at all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This is very helpful.  Did the Fedex delivery require somebody to sign?  That's a problem at times.  It's good to hear about the expiration dates.  We may go this route, as there are three of us taking two cruises this year.  We were hoping the test requirement would be gone by this fall, but.....

No signature. I was concerned about the dates but figured if they were short I could have my folks use them for our September trip. But these will be good for our May, September and February trips if needed.

When checking in for our May trip we had to register again with Eurofins. So who knows... we may get tested for free at the port and not need this at all, but I'd rather have them and not need them than to try and scramble to find a testing place in Spain or the UK. It's one thing if we're just sailing out of Miami or NY, but international puts a lot more quirks into things.

We'll compare notes on what we ultimately needed and didn't need in about 20 days 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scar4711 said:

Correct.. I used iHealth proctored tests to board the Bliss, and to fly home from Vancouver post cruise.... and had no issues at all.

We are boarding Bliss this Saturday. Sounds like your cruise had high winds coming North!  Hop it will be better going to Alaska.

Using 2 of our remaining 4 tests for this cruise. 

3 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

No signature. I was concerned about the dates but figured if they were short I could have my folks use them for our September trip. But these will be good for our May, September and February trips if needed.

When checking in for our May trip we had to register again with Eurofins. So who knows... we may get tested for free at the port and not need this at all, but I'd rather have them and not need them than to try and scramble to find a testing place in Spain or the UK. It's one thing if we're just sailing out of Miami or NY, but international puts a lot more quirks into things.

We'll compare notes on what we ultimately needed and didn't need in about 20 days 🙂

Thanks.  I'm leaning towards going with the eMed.  I like the no appt required and the multiple reports of minimal wait times.

I just ordered 3 emed tests, $99.99 with free shipping. I don't have an iphone or smartphone, just this Chromebook that has a web cam and audio. Hopefully this will work! This ole senior citizen will try anything to cruise again! Wish me luck!

3 minutes ago, TVLady3 said:

I don't have an iphone or smartphone, just this Chromebook that has a web cam and audio

I hope you also have a printer or some other method for presenting the results to the folks at the pier...

Just now, hallux said:

I hope you also have a printer or some other method for presenting the results to the folks at the pier...

Yes I do have a printer! Hope that thing works too. Just bought some more ink, well if I get in a jam Ill be running off to the library! 

26 minutes ago, TVLady3 said:

I just ordered 3 emed tests, $99.99 with free shipping. I don't have an iphone or smartphone, just this Chromebook that has a web cam and audio. Hopefully this will work! This ole senior citizen will try anything to cruise again! Wish me luck!

Did you check your local critical care facility (Doc in a box).  We got four tests done for no charge.  Call around.  You might be surprised.  BTW, one wanted $160 for four.  But the one that was five minute drive charged us nothing.

2 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Did you check your local critical care facility (Doc in a box).  We got four tests done for no charge.  Call around.  You might be surprised.  BTW, one wanted $160 for four.  But the one that was five minute drive charged us nothing.

Yes I checked. One wants $200 for the both of us and the other Urgent care walkin wants $140! I'll try the emeds, I've watched the YouTube videos, I think I can do it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TVLady3 said:

Why did you order this? I will order the 6 pack. Since only 3 won’t help us out ?

9 hours ago, oracer said:

Thanks. That link says 6 for $150 now. Great deal as we have 6 in our party. And insurance reimbursed as well

Just know that you are taking a risk with not having any spare test kits. As has been reported in various threads on CC, things can and do go wrong — e.g., empty reagent bottle, user error, failure of the adhesive to keep the test card closed during the 15 minute wait for the results (I personally experienced a faulty adhesive), etc. 

Good luck!

12 hours ago, TVLady3 said:

Yes I checked. One wants $200 for the both of us and the other Urgent care walkin wants $140! I'll try the emeds, I've watched the YouTube videos, I think I can do it!

I found the same thing.  Prices were variable but worth checking.  I found the ones that were independent were cheaper by far.  The ones associated with a local hospital were very expensive.  (Yes, we have acute care facilities owned and operated by a local hospital. )

It is so confusing. Any idea what my fully vaccinated under 12s need to do (departing from Iceland to UK via Ireland)?

"All unvaccinated guests under the age of 12 will be required to bring proof of a negative NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days prior to embarkation date. Failure to comply will result in denial of boarding."

"All vaccinated guests age 12 and older: must provide proof of negative NAAT test (I.e. PCR) or antigen test taken within 24 hours of embarkation. This test will be paid for and administered by Norwegian Cruise Line."

As they are neither an unvaccinated guest under the age of 12 or a vaccinated guest aged 12 or older. No mention anywhere of vaccinated under 12s.

NCL rep I spoke to said it would be the same as vaccinated guests 12 and older. However, I understand this may be interpreted differently at the pier. Easy solution would be to just get PCR for everyone but that would be very expensive if needed to be within 24 hours of departure.

Does anyone know if inspire diagnostic test is suitable for an 8 month old?? Having a hard time finding testing for my son since he’s so young…

Edited by Liiivs22