Pacific Explorer Movements

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thinking of going to Circular Quay and watching her depart on Tuesday.  For those booked, what time is your sail away?  Be lovely sailing out from OPT with Vivid on.

It would sort of be nice to cruise out after 6pm and catch Vivid, as we did that with what I think was the first Vivid in 2009. It was a surprise, and we were all trying to work out why the Opera House was lit-up. Awesome connection - same ship, but as Dawn Princess departing from Wharf 8, Darling Harbour.

Alas, it says 4pm and it is from White Bay, but OPT or Opera House will still be great spots to listen to the cheers as we go under the bridge, and a good starting spot for Vivid afterwards. We are going down for Vivid on Monday night.

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It would sort of be nice to cruise out after 6pm and catch Vivid, as we did that with what I think was the first Vivid in 2009. It was a surprise, and we were all trying to work out why the Opera House was lit-up. Awesome connection - same ship, but as Dawn Princess departing from Wharf 8, Darling Harbour.

Alas, it says 4pm and it is from White Bay, but OPT or Opera House will still be great spots to listen to the cheers as we go under the bridge, and a good starting spot for Vivid afterwards. We are going down for Vivid on Monday night.

That would have been a lovely surprise in 2009.  It’s a shame for me you are departing at 4pm (I was hoping for 6) as I doubt I will make it in time even if I aim to go to Milsons Point to watch you pass under the bridge.

Went to Vivid last night.  The sails on the Opera House are stunning this year.  Recommend you watch  from the boardwalk outside the Park Hyatt Hotel.  Hardly anyone there compared to the crowds on approach to the Opera House.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Bon Voyage to all you lucky mob embarking Pacific Explorer on Tuesday, hope the seas and weather is kind. I have taken your pic already, lol.

Cruise-ship-suite-1.jpg

I think this would be a bit more realistic uncle Les.

image.jpeg.de8ba86fc94dc30a2e6c5063ec793b64.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

That would have been a lovely surprise in 2009.  It’s a shame for me you are departing at 4pm (I was hoping for 6) as I doubt I will make it in time even if I aim to go to Milsons Point to watch you pass under the bridge.

Went to Vivid last night.  The sails on the Opera House are stunning this year.  Recommend you watch  from the boardwalk outside the Park Hyatt Hotel.  Hardly anyone there compared to the crowds on approach to the Opera House.

I am also hoping that being a cold Monday night will be a bonus. Thanks for the tip.

• 1 month later...

How weird is the weather on the East Coast? An interesting curiosity on Pacific Explorer's current cruise to nowhere - cruising down near Bass Strait where the seas are calm.

Explorer is also back to yellow status, so it is all plain sailing down south.

1275925042_download(10).thumb.png.359671e25cd20610d31ac033521e7918.png

IDY30223.sigWaveHgt_018.png.39bbc4dc3c6feaef4f565287ebe9dc02.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, arxcards said:

Pacific Explorer arrived in Lautoka, Fiji a short time ago. I have heard that all passengers are required to do a ship supervised RAT before disembarking, but I can't confirm it.

Crikey that testing will take many hours.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, arxcards said:

Pacific Explorer arrived in Lautoka, Fiji a short time ago. I have heard that all passengers are required to do a ship supervised RAT before disembarking, but I can't confirm it.

A semi-supervised RAT, with a copy of the testing requirements posted here ...

Covid being sorted and a ship finally in the Pacific in Fiji.

Oh, now we have to start thinking about the usual blips. Strong winds, rough seas. Looks like Pacific Explorer is skipping Dravuni Island and is bound for Suva instead.

738014453_download(7).thumb.png.a18320e8ed80f7172c23ac37d5e6e393.png

34 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

I just read on FB that they've pulled the pin and headed for home. Shame. 

Thought that would be the case, although their current heading is toward Mystery Island. I don't think they could possibly have enough time for a stop there.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Ahhhh my favourite, back from the ole Fairstar days. 

It used to be a selling point on the itinerary - scenic cruising. Lots still go through there, but at night. Maybe first thing tomorrow morning, as that is still their direction. It is also the wind direction, and they might be just being considerate to give them a sea day with a following wind.

• Like 1

They did approach Mystery Island this morning. Even if they hoped to spend time there, the conditions would have been too rough to tender anyway, No Havannah-Boulari Passage, and they are now south of Isle of Pines and heading toward Sydney.

1486661950_download(16).thumb.png.c42739af95820015ab18a433b192f4e0.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Guess alot of unhappy pac only 2 stops and not covid related. 

Not doubt many pax screaming for OBC and FCC, lol.  Never underestimate the power of the sea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Not doubt many pax screaming for OBC and FCC, lol.  Never underestimate the power of the sea.

Should be just a credit of any port fees. Plenty weresaying they loved the itinerary because of the extra sea days.

• Like 1