Voyage Requirements for Ports

jhenry1

3 hours ago, jhenry1 said:

I completed online checking yesterday and nothing regarding the requirements.

Flossie I believe you are correct that Israel’s requirements are causing some problems and that is my concern that Israel could just be cancelled at the last minute due to the restrictions.  The reason we are doing this cruise is to go to Holy Lands.

Hi @jhenry1 - just a quick update to let you know we should have the requirements for your cruise added to the website and sent out via email by no later than early next week. Thank you for your patience as we work with all the different countries to ensure we are communicating the most accurate information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”

- The Dalai Lama

😉 But yes, I completely understand the stress. The good news in a few short weeks you will be onboard and enjoying everything about Seven Seas Explorer!

Edited by Mike Moore

7 hours ago, Mike Moore said:

Hi @jhenry1 - just a quick update to let you know we should have the requirements for your cruise added to the website and sent out via email by no later than early next week. Thank you for your patience as we work with all the different countries to ensure we are communicating the most accurate information.

@Mike Moore, when do you expect to have information available for the June 5th Explorer cruise?

13 hours ago, Mystictraveler said:

@Mike Moore, when do you expect to have information available for the June 5th Explorer cruise?

Should be sometime late next week. Apologies for the delay with these two voyages, we just want to make sure we have the information from Israel 100% confirmed by their authorities.

2 hours ago, Mike Moore said:

Should be sometime late next week. Apologies for the delay with these two voyages, we just want to make sure we have the information from Israel 100% confirmed by their authorities.

Israel is wanting extra testing of passengers from previous legs....

Pcardad

Not understanding your remark. Are you referring to people who have been there and left that they want more testing on those people?

Hopefully we go to Israel if not we are canceling .

7 minutes ago, jhenry1 said:

Pcardad

Not understanding your remark. Are you referring to people who have been there and left that they want more testing on those people?

Hopefully we go to Israel if not we are canceling .

Israel wants passengers on B2B cruises to be tested at the changeover...Regent is not currently doing this. Regent's current policy is "Guests will only be tested while on board if they report symptoms consistent with COVID-19, and it is deemed a medical necessity by the ship’s doctor, unless required to disembark due to local public health requirements." Israel feels that passengers who have been on a previous leg should be tested with the new passengers coming on board.

Current requirements for those arriving or departing Israel on a cruise:

https://corona.health.gov.il/en/abroad/cruise/

All those arriving in Israel have to be PCR tested. 

I suspect the issue is clarification of the PCR test requirements and the need to isolate until the arrival test result is available; particularly since both cruises are calling in to two ports in Israel

50 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

If vaccinated, boosted, and asymptomatic there should be no requirement for pre-cruise testing.

When they eliminate the restrictions we'll start booking cruises again.  We have a few we are waiting to book but need these restrictions to go away to make the first payment.  

Please don't get me wrong we strongly support cruise lines requiring vaccination and a recent booster.

Edited by RetiredandTravel

Regent did require recent testing  on B to B segments. We just sailed on Splendor from Miami to Barcelona to Trieste. We were required to  test 2 days before Barcelona. Testing took place in the Observation Lounge. Passengers continuing on from Trieste to Monaco also had to test 2 days before Trieste.

4 hours ago, Brownie54 said:

Regent did require recent testing  on B to B segments. We just sailed on Splendor from Miami to Barcelona to Trieste. We were required to  test 2 days before Barcelona. Testing took place in the Observation Lounge. Passengers continuing on from Trieste to Monaco also had to test 2 days before Trieste.

RCL just eliminated B2B testing.

I have a B2B cruise in the fall.

Hopefully that policy of testing ends.

This current policy puts extreme anxiety on passengers concerned about staying negative so they don’t get locked up for days.

1 hour ago, mrstanley said:

I have a B2B cruise in the fall.

Hopefully that policy of testing ends.

This current policy puts extreme anxiety on passengers concerned about staying negative so they don’t get locked up for days.

Is the pre boarding covid test a cruise line decision or required by the government?

This has been going on a while but there is a renewed push by business & travel leaders to eliminate the US international Covid test requirement.

https://www.reuters.com/business/us-travel-industry-airlines-urge-end-predeparture-covid-19-testing-rule-2022-05-05/

49 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Regent posted 6 May updates for a large number of cruises today.

To summarize, two updates to onboard protocols were made based on EU Healthy Gateway requirements that have changed, effective tomorrow.

First, while still mandatory for crew, masks are now optional onboard the ship everywhere other than when the ship is in port in Greece or Italy. If the ship is docked or at anchor in a port in either of those two countries, guests are still required to wear masks onboard while indoors, except for when actively eating, drinking, exercising or when in your suite.

Second, a booster if your final original dose is over 270 days is now only required if your cruise goes to a Medietrranean port. Ports of call which are deemed to be in the region of the Mediterranean include but are not limited to the countries of Croatia, Cyprus, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey.

The US requirements for re entry to the country are a real hardship for travelers. As a US citizen I need to take a Zoom administered test in my hotel room or find a testing  site where I am staying. If I test positive I'm now stuck. That means additional nights in a hotel, re booking flights home , missing work, etc

Or the possibility of being locked up in a hotel room somewhere by Regent. CRAZY!!!!

Once upon a time you could fly with the Flu. No restrictions and the flu was very contagious. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mike Moore said:

To summarize, two updates to onboard protocols were made based on EU Healthy Gateway requirements that have changed, effective tomorrow.

First, while still mandatory for crew, masks are now optional onboard the ship everywhere other than when the ship is in port in Greece or Italy. If the ship is docked or at anchor in a port in either of those two countries, guests are still required to wear masks onboard while indoors, except for when actively eating, drinking, exercising or when in your suite.

Second, a booster if your final original dose is over 270 days is now only required if your cruise goes to a Medietrranean port. Ports of call which are deemed to be in the region of the Mediterranean include but are not limited to the countries of Croatia, Cyprus, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey.

Mike thank you so much for participating in this forum, your input is incredibly valuable.   The fact that you take the time to read and respond to the comments is a great reflection on Regents commitment to excellent customer service.  You are also differentiating yourself from your direct competitors.

• Like 3

I have a B to B cruise from Rome to Barcelona.... Barcelona to Miami in November.  If I am going to be

tested before we arrive in Barcelona I want to cancel. I don't think can handle the stress of this.

If I test positive I spend much of the remainder the cruise LOCKED UP!!!!  Final payment for this

cruise is June 12, 2022.

1 minute ago, mrstanley said:

I have a B to B cruise from Rome to Barcelona.... Barcelona to Miami in November.  If I am going to be

tested before we arrive in Barcelona I want to cancel. I don't think can handle the stress of this.

If I test positive I spend much of the remainder the cruise LOCKED UP!!!!  Final payment for this

cruise is June 12, 2022.

Currently that is the risk one takes doing a BTB and especially overseas. We have a BTB in Dec. Just waiting to see if the rules change. If not we will cancel the second cruise because it is only a 7 day. Both are from US ports we can drive to so quarantine is not a problem.

4 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

What protocols are going to change tomorrow?

See post #42 by Mike.Doesn’t help in this case.

Edited by cwn

5 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

cruise is June 12, 2022.

This is why we are land based to Europe this year.  Germany/Austria have no test requirement (vaccination/booster required) and masks are only necessary on public transportation.   The decisions are mostly in our hands.   Our biggest concern is testing positive before the trip home.

1 minute ago, RetiredandTravel said:

This is why we are land based to Europe this year.  Germany/Austria have no test requirement (vaccination/booster required) and masks are only necessary on public transportation.   The decisions are mostly in our hands.   Our biggest concern is testing positive before the trip home.

Good plan. Cuts down on stress. Worst that can happen is you have to expend your last hotel stay some. But you are in control. Wish we could still handle the long haul flights.