Trying to get ahold of FCC, major wait times.

Koalwd

Been trying to get ahold of FCC as they rejected my last one for some unknown reason. Been on hold for over two hrs on many occasions.  Ready to call C/A for help. Anybody else have this same problem? 

I spent 3 and a half hours on hold last night trying to cancel my cruises and get FCC's so I could rebook a different cruise. 

It took them half an hour to cancel my cruises and then she couldn't give me the FCC #'s. She said they'd send them in an email in 30 days. 

I really hope they do send an email because if I have to call them again to get the numbers I'm gonna lose my sh!t.

29 minutes ago, pcur said:

Always call C&A.  They can book cruises and take care of anything the regular customer service reps can.  

This is a good tip, I'm trying to cancel a cruise and I haven't successfully got through the regular customer service line. I'm not sure what happened, previously it only took 10-15 minutes now it's several hours? 

5 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I spent 3 and a half hours on hold last night trying to cancel my cruises and get FCC's so I could rebook a different cruise. 

It took them half an hour to cancel my cruises and then she couldn't give me the FCC #'s. She said they'd send them in an email in 30 days. 

I really hope they do send an email because if I have to call them again to get the numbers I'm gonna lose my sh!t.

Better have lots of TP handy 

• Haha 1

Our daughter has a weird situation with FCC's and I'm glad a suggestion was made to call C&A versus the regular RCI reps, I'll suggest she do that.

Her situation is that she cancelled a booking for next month (via her TA) which included herself, her husband and two children and was eligible for FCC's. RCI told the TA they don't send out written FCC confirmations or certificate numbers but assured the TA the FCC's were "in their system." Oddly, a few weeks later, our daughter received an email from RCI with a certificate number for just herself but nothing for her husband and children. So the TA asked RCI about the remaining three FCC's and was told they don't issue the certificates on a total booking basis but on a person by person basis and that the remaining three FCC's should arrive within a week or two (I know personally this is bogus because DW and I were on the same sailing, different booking, which we also cancelled and received an email for FCC's for both of us in the same email). After another three weeks of waiting, nothing from RCI so my daughter is going to call and try to get some answers. As I mention, thanks for the C&A suggestion.

4 minutes ago, jimdalva said:

Never Ever take a FCC! Even with the 125%! It just Not worth the Hoops they make you jump thru!

Agree but unfortunately, our bookings were non-refundable (another mistake, I know, we'll never do that again) and our only option was FCC's under the Covid-19 policy in effect at the time.

2 hours ago, jimdalva said:

Never Ever take a FCC! Even with the 125%! It just Not worth the Hoops they make you jump thru!

TOTALLY AGREE !!  So much frustration is not worth the additional 25%.  Lesson Learned 😞

I have been trying to straighten out an FCC for months without any luck.  I may have to write off EVER again traveling with Royal.  There are other cruise lines.

On 4/25/2022 at 10:50 PM, Koalwd said:

Been trying to get ahold of FCC as they rejected my last one for some unknown reason. Been on hold for over two hrs on many occasions.  Ready to call C/A for help. Anybody else have this same problem? 

I called Crown and Anchor and it took awhile but he was very helpful and found our FCC.  And he answered the phone in just a couple of minutes