Question about "Comp" dinner for Diamond Member

cruisers5

10 hours ago, sebastienbo said:

Actually I think the free speciality restaurant was removed for diamond members, i don't see it in the perks list anymore...another MSC downgrade...just like aurea is worth nothing anymore (drink packages and free massage removed from the experience, but the price is still the same)

And be carefull with the easy drink package, now you are not allowed to drink coffees or canned juices or ice cream anymore. However if you downgrade to non-alcohol package, then you get those included in your package???strange rules at MSC 

Not true.  You can get specialty coffees and juices (but NOT gelato)

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, mafig said:

It's been awhile since we were on MSC.  I'm still listed as Diamond on my reservation on their website.

I don't recall how I know for sure I have this.  Is there a notice in our suite?  

You mean the benefits?  There was a letter in my stateroom. Diamond status? Shows up on booking and cruise ticket - including on luggage tags.

You will need to go to the Specialty Dining host and make your reservation (maybe make a phone call?  I went in person on boarding day).  Thermal Suite complimentary hour - call or visit spa. Neither are automatically assigned a time.

During the cruise, you should receive invitations for any special Diamond receptions. 

If you are in YC, you can ask a Concierge, too.

• Thanks 1

I checked and it lists Diamond on my cruise ticket and luggage tags.😀  We're in YC so I will check with the Concierge. 

Anyone know if Teppenaki (sp?) is one of the restaurants available?  Specialty restaurants are somewhat wasted on me because I'm never really hungry when I go.  I probably eat and drink too much during the day, even though I try not to.🤔

4 hours ago, mafig said:

I checked and it lists Diamond on my cruise ticket and luggage tags.😀  We're in YC so I will check with the Concierge. 

Where does it show on both the tickets and the tags.  Thanks in advance!

Cheers

6 hours ago, mafig said:

Anyone know if Teppenaki (sp?) is one of the restaurants available?  Specialty restaurants are somewhat wasted on me because I'm never really hungry when I go.  I probably eat and drink too much during the day, even though I try not to.🤔

It was in the Seashore in December.  I think it had the chicken and fish as entree. (I was having lunch as an additional fee, having used my free meal at Butcher’s Cut.)

On 9/25/2022 at 11:02 PM, mafig said:

It's been awhile since we were on MSC.  I'm still listed as Diamond on my reservation on their website.

I don't recall how I know for sure I have this.  Is there a notice in our suite?  

If it’s been a while, check the expiration date on your status. If you don’t cruise every 3 years it expires. They did an extension for COVID but I don’t know for how long. 

6 hours ago, racephoto said:

If it’s been a while, check the expiration date on your status. If you don’t cruise every 3 years it expires. They did an extension for COVID but I don’t know for how long. 

It was extended by one year due to the shut down.  I last sailed MSC in Nov 2019 and thought my status would expire this year, so went ahead and booked a trip for October this year ... then found out Voyager status was extended by one year, so would have been good through to Nov 2023.  Oh well, I think I can still find a way to enjoy my cruise [/s] and reset the clock for another 3 years!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shippy said:

We were on the Seashore 2 weeks ago. We chose Butchers Cut for our complementary meal.

I asked the waiter if there were any restrictions & he said , No, order what you want. So we did !

I'm on the Seashore right now and the Diamond dinner can only be ordered from the dining experience special menu. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I'm on the Seashore right now and the Diamond dinner can only be ordered from the dining experience special menu. 

Not so, you can choose a la carte and receive a 50% discount in lieu of the dining experience menu! 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Not so, you can choose a la carte and receive a 50% discount in lieu of the dining experience menu! 😉

That was not offered as an option by the restaurant host when booking the restaurant nor by the server when we sat down for our dinner. Both staff members specifically said our dinners were to be ordered from the dining experiencees menu. 

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

57 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

That was not offered as an option by the restaurant host when booking the restaurant nor by the server when we sat down for our dinner. Both staff members specifically said our dinners were to be ordered from the dining experiencees menu. 

33 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

@hamrag is 100% correct that you can order anything outside of Butcher's Cut Experience Menu for 50% off.  As far as ordering anything you want complimentary, NEVER heard of that.

If so, seafood tower and tomahawk for me, please.  Nope, not sharing.

I might be misremembering, but I'm sure this is actually written on the menu. I do definitely recall reading it.

Edited by CruisingFox27

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I might be misremembering, but I'm sure this is actually written on the menu. I do definitely recall reading it.

Your recollection is somewhat correct. What the dining experience menu says is you can replace a dish on the dining experience menu from the ala carte menu for 50%off. Any additional dishes is full price. 

Edited by kwokpot